Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Atul Shah
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Atul ShahYour feedback matters!
My husband age is 31. His urine is coming foamy for the last 2 month. Reports are normal but we are worried kindly guide what to do.
Bladder cancer can be caused by a variety of factors, which include genetic factors, inheritance, drugs, chemicals, environment related factors and smoking. In fact, smoking tobacco is one of the major causes of bladder cancer around the world. The chemicals present in tobacco can irritate the bladder lining which ultimately leads to bladder cancer. Besides smoking other important environmental factors might be chemotherapy, exposure to chemicals from newspaper, dye, leather, paints industries.
Symptoms of bladder cancer are as follows:
Most often it occurs in people more than 50 years of age. It can present in different ways, but common symptoms being :
- Painless hematuria - reddish or brownish colored urine with or without clots Increased frequency of urination Pain while passing urine .
- Difficulty in passing urine
The diagnosis requires a proper imaging workup including ultrasound, CT scan and urine examinations. Following the initial imaging, a biopsy is required to confirm the diagnosis and stage the disease. This is done by cystoscopy under anesthesia.
Treatments for bladder cancer.depend on the stage of cancer. Broadly bladder cancers can be categorised into Non-invasive and Invasive cancers.
- For non-invasive cancers: It requires recurrent cystoscopic surveillance and resection. For those with high risk of tumor recurrence or progression, intravesical chemotherapy or immunotherapy might be required.
- For invasive cancers the various treatment choices are:
- Surgery: For localised tumor which are amenable to resection perhaps surgery is the best possible treatment. This is a major undertaking where in whole of bladder along with accessory organs is removed. The surgeon may offer choices for reconstruction between neobladder (refashioning bladder with patient's gut) or ileal conduit (fashioning a stoma over which bag can be worn to collect urine). Following surgery a regular follow up is required and the prognosis is good.
- Chemotherapy: This modality is reserved for patient's where surgery is not possible or they have metastatic disease (disease spread to other body parts).In this method, medications are used to target and destroy cancer cells.
- Radiation Therapy: This might be and option for patient's that are not suitable for surgery. Radiation therapy uses gamma rays to destroy cancer cells in the body The key to good prognosis in bladder cancers is early detection timely intervention and good follow up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
I am 25 years old, I am getting very frequent urination and getting bad smell after urination. Kindly suggest me what I can do.
I am. 28 years old man I have kidney stones problem for more than 2 months also taking tablet and syrup but the problem is not cured please refer medicines or treatment.
I have urinated many times per day. I feel thirsty and I lost my weight 5 kgs with in 20 days. I have faced these problems past 20 days. I have done sugar tests. Fbs,pbs and urine sugar levels are normal. Every day I have checked sugar levels with glucometer. Every day it is showing normal ranges (70-80) between only. Why I have faced these problems. My age is 33 yrs. Which doctor I have contact. please give a reply about my problem.
Among all body parts that play a role in human well-being, kidneys play the most important role that defines wellness of the physical system. The proper functioning of the kidneys decides the entire welfare of human body. Hence, maintaining the health of the kidneys is very vital for the young as well as the old. But in today’s age, because of the rise in unhealthy lifestyle of people, chronic renal failure has been on an increasing spree, causing fatal concerns.
The Rising Graveness Of Kidney Disturbances-
Chronic kidney failure is universally considered a fatal disease that terminates the normal functioning of bladder movements, which flush body toxins and waste products in the form of urine. In such medical conditions, generally doctors prescribe dialysis, kidney transplantations and other such complicated and expensive treatments. Such procedures could also be a great threat of post surgery effects that could hamper the body system permanently. At the same time, these treatments are neither feasible nor suitable for all patients. Taking into consideration the varying medical conditions of people, such complicated treatments could cause health hazards, which could endanger their well being.
Homeopathic Remedies To Oust Kidney Malfunctions-
Often it is seen that kidney failures do not occur on a sudden basis or due to certain lifestyles. Family history and hereditary conditions also cause certain problems in the long run. In such cases, the conventional homeopathic remedies provide better healing results than the usual surgeries for the patients. Even diabetic patients are suggested to go the homeopathic way for renal malfunctions. It is also believed that early stages of kidney problems are best treated by homeopathic procedures, which prevent further damage to the kidneys. Even patients undergoing dialysis are prescribed the traditional homeopathic medications, which enable them to lead a healthy living.
Therefore, certain homeopathic medicines have played a powerful role in rectifying kidney problems. For instance, Aconite tackles loin aches and post scarlatinal nephritis. Apocynum regulates the flow of urine and rectifies the amount of outlet. Belladonna handles conditions like excruciating burning pains in the lumbar areas and kidney inflammation. Cuprum Arsenicum cures uraemic disturbances.
Thus, it is a proven fact that homeopathy has an answer to all medical conditions. Be it any part of the body, externally or internally, homeopathic medications always ensure a sure shot cure. It not only heals the body from the ailment but also revitalizes the entire body system and charges the body functioning with new and improved vigor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am 69 male. My urination process is slow now without any other symptoms like burning etc I had undergone hemorrhoid operation in 2003 and the anesthetist administered injection in my lower spinal cord before the procedure. Since then I had been experiencing the slow urination, and I was given to understand that the'slowness' is the phenomena of that particular'injection-procedural. This is further to inform you that in 2013, on 21st march a stent was implanted in my left carotid artery. Besides, following is the list of my regular medicine-intake: 1)- thyronorm150, 2)- stamlobeta, 3)- becadexamin, 4)- neorobeon forte, 5)-ctd 6.25 (mon-wed-fri), 6)- glycomet500- twice daily, 7)- ecospirin 150, 8)- amaryl 1mg, 9)- shecal hd, 10)- extor20. I am seeking your advice.
Chronic kidney disease or CKD is the decreased function of the function of the kidney for a minimum of three months or more. In this the end stage renal disease usually refers to the end of the kidney function where the kidneys work for less than 15% of what they are supposed to. The kidneys play a vital role in the human body and if they do not function properly then a person can die. The functioning of many organs depends on the kidneys. However, the main function of the kidneys is to remove the products and regulate blood and water, control blood pressure, promote healthy and strong bones, and produce hormones.
Here are 5 facts about kidney disease you should know about:
1. Causes of the kidney disease: There are two main common causes of the end-stage kidney disease. These are preventable causes. These are diabetes and high blood pressure, but then kidney disease can be caused by other inherited diseases such as infection, trauma or polycystic kidney disease.
2. Serious Stages: The kidney disease has five stages and stage 5 is known as the end stage renal disease; this is the point where patients usually need dialysis or kidney transplant to lead a sane life. The stages of kidney disease are:
Stage 1 – Slight kidney disease
Stage 2 – Mild decrease in kidney function
Stage 3 – Moderate decrease in kidney function
Stage 4 – Severe decrease in kidney function
Stage 5 – End stage renal disease
3. Detection of the disease: Kidney disease is usually difficult to detect because of the presence of very few symptoms. Age, gender along with the blood test is one way to determine information regarding kidney function. The people who are at a risk of getting kidney disease are:
- Over the age of 55 years
- People who suffer from hypertension and diabetes
- Ethnic groups such as Asians, Africans, Americans, Pacific Islanders and Hispanics
4. Signs and Symptoms: CKD is usually considered to be a silent disease and many people don’t know that they are suffering from the disease. The signs and symptoms of the disease are:
- Fatigue and weakness
- Nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite
- Numbness and headaches in hand and feet
- Frequent urination
5. Renal Replacement Treatment: This is the treatment for the end stage of the kidney disease. Dialysis involves the replacement of some part of the lost function of the kidneys and is usually continued throughout life. There are 2 types of dialysis:
- Hemodialysis: This cleans the blood via an artificial kidney which is hooked to the machine
- Peritoneal Dialysis: This removes the excess water and waste products and cleans the blood of the body by using the peritoneal cavity as a filter.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.