Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Atul Pundike Chirmade
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Atul Pundike ChirmadeYour feedback matters!
Hello. My name is Rajesh. I am 24 years old. I have a black skin tone. I want fair skin tone . My skin is so oily nd dirty. Please help me. I want to really get fair skin. Is there any tube or face massage or any things That can get me fair tone. I am fed up with this type if skin. After bathing when I apply cream (men fair & lively) my face gets dark after some tine nd look like a dirty . So please help.
Dear sirs I am having anal fissure. Till now I am taking homeopathic treatment .but it is very slow Can I use betadine ointment for healing cut. Or is there any other ointment which can give better results in healing.
I have pores on my face and on my nose please tell me any medicine to recover normal skin. I am also having some white acne on my both cheeks, it does not seems bt feels large.
Melasma is a skin condition which causes discoloration and dark patches on your skin. It is more common in women than men. It is also called the ‘mask of pregnancy’ or chloasma when it is caused due to hormonal changes during pregnancy. These patches on the face are darker and symmetrical on both sides of your face. Areas of the body that are exposed to the sun for a prolonged period of time can also develop melasma. It doesn’t cause any physical complications, but it can give you an unsightly appearance.
What causes Melasma?
Doctors and researchers are still not sure what causes melasma although studies have shown that progesterone and estrogen levels tend to affect your skin leading to melasma. Some of the causes of melasma could be-
- Starting or stopping birth control pills
- Hormonal changes caused by underlying physical causes.
- Thyroid diseases
- Prolonged exposure to the ultraviolet rays of the sun can also affect skin pigments (melanocytes) resulting in melasma
Symptoms of Melasma:
Brownish patches on the forehead, cheeks, chin and bridge of the nose are signs of melasma.
Treatment for Melasma:
In pregnancy, melasma usually fades on its own after you have delivered your baby.
- Avoid consuming birth control pills or change the medication for a change in composition of the drugs. More often than not, it’s the composition of a pill that causes melasma rather than birth control pills in general.
- Hydroquinone is an ointment which can be applied on the skin. This lightens the dark patches on your skin caused due to melasma.
- Corticosteroids and tretinoin – This medication is generally prescribed by a dermatologist to lighten the patches caused by melasma. This should be taken under a doctor’s prescription.
- Topical skin medicines – Medications which contain kojic acid or azelaic acid can also help reduce the brownish patches on your skin.
- Procedures – If medicines and creams don’t get rid of the patches, procedures such as dermabrasion, microdermabrasion and chemical peel procedures are advised. These procedures should be done under a certified dermatologist. This also prevents melasma from re-occurring in the future. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.