Find numerous Internal Medicine Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Internal Medicine Specialists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Chest Pain
Management of Sugar Disorders
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment of Migraine
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Diarrhoea
Treatment of Infection
Treatment of Dengue
Treatment of Nausea
Treatment of Sexual Weakness
Treatment of Penis Pain
Submit a review for Dr. Atul NarayankarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Sir, I feel thirsty and urge for eating sugar. Nausea and vomiting after taking food. Feel tiredness. And urine is yellowish in color. intermittent constipation.
How to lose my Weight with in a month & how to control my body cholesterol please prescribe some good medicine please reply as soon as.
I have head pain when jump. And also when I was reading books and writing. Tell me what is the reason?
I have a hard potty lump in left side of ny neck deep in tissues. It causes pain if pressed. Sometimes I feel my veins pumping and ear wax gets filled often with numbness if left hand. What this could be! Am panicked! Does cold wind or fog has anything to do with it? I have sore throat but its under control, have some gastric problems too.
I am 40 years lady having nerves cramps internally with pain and with pulling sensation from hip to toe. Please advise.
I am pursuing a shoulder pain problem after lifting a heavy weight in gym during chest workout, this becomes from 20 days.
My mom experianced severe nerve pain in right side neck please please please when see is in stress or doing heavy work means she got pain in tat area
The neurones in the brain are constantly reorganising their connections both functionally and physically according to the environment, your thinking and behaviour. This ability is known as neuroplasticity. Through neuroplasticity the nerve cells of brain can compensate for injury to some parts of the brain and enable a person to recover from stroke, birth abnormalities. It is also beneficial in treating utism, ADD, learning disabilities and helps manage obsessive compulsive disorders.
Here are seven things you should know about neuroplasticity.
- Change depends on the attentiveness of the brain: Neuroplasticity changes can only happen if the brain is alert and active. When the brain is active it releases neurochemicals that are necessary for the neurone connections to change. If a person is distracted to inattentive, these changes cannot happen.
- The more the effort; the bigger the change: Neuroplasticity changes depend on how motivated the person is to change or learn new tasks. For this reason, when it comes to using neuroplasticity for physiotherapy, it is essential to first deal with any depression or anxiety issues the patient might be having before attempting to rehabilitate them.
- It helps strengthen neural connections: Repetition of actions is one of the key elements of neuroplasticity in physiotherapy. Through this, the strength of neurone connections is strengthened to include sensory information, movement and cognitive patterns.
- It improves cell to cell connections: This is crucial to a patient’s rehabilitation as it increases reliability and makes a person more independent. In turn, this makes behaviour patterns more reliable.
- It helps predict actions: A task can usually be broken down into a series of smaller tasks. For example, feeding oneself can be broken down into steps that begin with lifting a spoon and filling it with food to finally putting the spoon into your mouth. Hence, along with completing an action, the brain must also know what to do next. Neuroplasticity helps improve this associative flow and allows the brain to predict the next step.
- Changes can be temporary or permanent: Initial changes due to neuroplasticity are temporary ad only if the brain determines the experience to be desired is this change made permanent. This is why when treating mobility issues, patients are not always able to repeat tasks in the same way.
- Memory guides the learning: When making new neural connections through neuroplasticity, the brain is taught to discard unsuccessful attempts and only remember the experience of the successful attempts. From here, adjustments are made to improve the connection. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!