Find numerous Internal Medicine Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Internal Medicine Specialists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Chest Pain
Management of Sugar Disorders
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment of Migraine
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Diarrhoea
Treatment of Infection
Treatment of Dengue
Treatment of Nausea
Treatment of Sexual Weakness
Treatment of Penis Pain
Submit a review for Dr. Atul NarayankarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Depression is considered the common cold of all mental health issues and can strike in varying levels due to causes like pressing circumstances, problems in one's personal life and relationships, hormonal changes and other long term, chronic health conditions. Your intimate relationships are also subject to dejection when physical ailments enter the picture. Erectile dysfunction is one such area that creates depression. This is basically a condition that men suffer from. Due to this condition, a man is not able to get and hold an erection long enough to enjoy the act of sex. This can be caused due to related physical problems as well as stress. It can also lead to depression and problems in one's relationship due to anger, frustration, hopelessness and sadness. Here are a few ways to deal with depression caused due to erectile dysfunction.
- Recognising the Symptoms: The very first thing to do is to come out of denial and recognise the symptoms that are caused by this kind of depression. Usually, any long term or chronic problem can lead a person to look at himself or herself as a hopeless case. This can cause symptoms like dejection, a negative attitude towards everything and sudden outbursts of anger and frustration which may crop up in other areas of the patient's life. Since this is an intimate problem that one cannot discuss with everyone, the problem of depression gets all the more challenging. In such cases, the best thing to do is to be aware of the symptoms.
- Getting help: Simply being aware of the symptoms is not enough that is merely the first step. One will need to go ahead and do something about the symptoms. Visiting a sexologist or a sex therapist is the next step. With the help of therapy and discussions, the patient and the doctor can actually reach the root cause of the issue and help in realigning the attitude and thinking of the patient to come out of stress that is creating the issue, or to deal with medical repercussions of the issue in a more stable manner.
- Psychotherapy: One of the foremost methods used by most therapists includes psychotherapy that can help in unravelling the cause and finding a way to cope with the problem in a way that is focussed on discussions.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: This form of therapy examines all aspects of the person's life and reality so as to find the cause of the problematic behaviour and reprogram the brain of patient with great deliberation.
- Antidepressants: While some medications can affect sexual functioning, there are antidepressants that do not have major sexual side effects. Please consult a Psychiatrist and discuss about this option too.
Tackling depression and erectile dysfunction is a matter of striking a fine balance with professional help.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am having pain in my calf since 4days. I am applying balm which gives me relaxation but not for much time. Can you please help me out. Thanks.
Hi Sir, I had developed warts on my fingers since 1 year, I took homeopathic treatment for it. Now after taking Thuja medicine (upto 0/4) as prescribed for 3 months, my warts are totally healed that too without trace and thuja is on hold. But I had a history of fungal itch in my groin area 2 years back for which I took anti fungal medicines and creams for 30-40 days before relief, but the itching has returned recently and more severe in nature, the homeopath is saying that the suppressed itch is resurfacing and it will take some time to heal properly, and do not apply any medicine to control the itch. How many days more the itch will remain, I have been at discomfort since 20 days. I need expert advice from a homeopath. I am really stressed. Thanks in advance.
Actually my head is paining since last 3 days Its ok sometimes amd paining at times What should I do Which medicine should I take?
I have pain in my legs muscles. I don't know why? I had concerned many doctors but no results. Kindly suggest.
In every individual, the beginning of any chronic diseases takes place days ago. And it always begins with very low intensity of symptoms, usually skin eruptions. It is the first sign of beginning of the process of diseases. According to homoeopathy, any local diseases are the result of the process of disease in general.
So, to cure such chronic diseases along with the local disease that particular process of the disease in general also has to be treated to cure any chronic disease. If only the results are treated (any one disease) like in orthodox system of medicine that local disease will recur or it will shift its location to more important organs.
For Example - We witnessed a case where patient was suffering from renal failure now to treat renal failure we have to understand how the patient has landed into renal failure. Now here, renal failure is only the sequence of that process of disease in general.
When we took the history we noticed that he had suffered from some sort of skin eruptions on his right leg. He faced this problem when he was aging 14 years and got it treated with skin ointment and it got cured in 2 months. After 14 months, he suffered from asthma. After 15 years, he suffered from hypertension and then renal failure. Now, in this case, renal failure is the result of the process of diseases in general which started with skin and progressed to renal failure.
Now to treat renal failure only treating kidneys will not work, that process of disease has to be treated and has to be stopped so that his kidneys will get normal along with the medicines for kidneys.
To understand the process of diseases, there are 5 questions which patient has to answer in detail. If they answer these question then through this we can understand the process of disease in general in any patient and then we can come to a best homoeopathic medicine which can stop that process of disease and patient may come out of there suffering problems permanently.
To answer these five questions, firstly one has to understand these questions properly. And while answering, patients have to describe their problem in terms of symptoms and not in terms of diagnosis. For example - I have asthma for 2 years, or I have a problem of sinusitis. It should be in the following way, I have headache problem, its a right-sided headache. Or there is heat sensation in the head.
So what are these questions are given below:
1. Write down all your symptoms in detail: Whatever symptoms you experience, where ever in your body, right from the head just describe it in your own words, right from your head to feet, not according to your preferred importance. For example - a patient may feel pain in the abdomen which is important for him so he will describe it, and also a symptom watery discharge from ear which is not important for him so he will not describe it. This should not happen, a patient has to describe every complaint with which he is suffering. For doctor, it can be very important symptom to treat your abdomen. It seems to be contradictory to your idea but that's not important.
2. Up to what age you were absolutely normal and since when you think health had started deteriorating and had shown what kind of symptoms initially and then what sequence of disease you had?
3. Keep aside all your symptoms or complaints. Let's try to understand you generally. Write it down what are the things to which you are intolerant of or what are the things which affect you. In this, you can add whatever you want to. Start with a level of metals, what you are intolerant of mentally, then climatic condition: what climatic conditions you cannot tolerate, and then food or drinks; what food and drinks you are intolerant of or that causes distress, last: any particular sight, anything whatever you want.
4. Do you have any outgrowth on skin (warts), any outgrowth on genitalia, or any sort of eruptions?
5. What you can write about the nature of your body, so far what you have understood of yourself?
Respected Doctor, I am 25 years old and I am suffering with erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Can I take Damiaplant? If yes then please tell me about its dose. I shall be highly oblige.
The thyroid gland within the body plays an important role in regulating your metabolism among many other functions. This is a butterfly-shaped gland located in your neck and plays an important role within your body. However, a common condition that may afflict it is hypothyroidism or an underactive thyroid gland. It is even more of a problem if you are pregnant as it may affect your baby’s development in the womb. It has also been noticed that pregnancy in itself may cause hypothyroidism.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism-
Pregnant women may also exhibit symptoms common to other patients who are suffering from hypothyroidism. These may include:
Fatigue along with lethargy.
Mild to significant weight gain.
Feeling cold with severe chills
The thyroid gland produces the T4 hormone responsible for regulating many mechanisms within the body such as metabolism. With hypothyroidism, the production of this hormone decreases or stops altogether. This is important as disruption in the production of the hormone may disrupt the normal development of your baby.
Effects of Hypothyroidism on your baby-
Hypothyroidism during pregnancy can affect your child’s developmental abilities. Many studies in this field have shown that such children tend to have learning difficulties and may even display lower IQ scores during tests. It was noticed that sometimes, hypothyroidism during pregnancy wasn’t diagnosed correctly as the pregnant mother did not show much apparent symptoms. This is also a major issue in the early diagnosis of the problem. Hence, it is absolutely imperative to test for thyroid problems early during pregnancy.
Prevention is the Best Cure-
It is thus very important that mothers be screened properly for thyroid issues even before they are pregnant and while they are pregnant. Some of the medically recommended steps that should be taken are –
Screening before pregnancy as this can help to devise a solution for this condition.
Women with goiter or enlarged thyroid should most certainly be screened.
Women with a family history of hypothyroidism should be screened.
Treatments for Hypothyroidism During Pregnancy-
The doctors may suggest thyroid hormone replacement therapy wherein artificial T4 hormone is introduced into the body. This helps to maintain a constant rate of the thyroid hormone within the body. This can be done even before pregnancy as the developing fetus is completely dependent on the mother for its thyroid hormone until at least 12 weeks when the baby’s body can start producing it on its own. Also, the levels of this hormone should be regularly checked within the body through the TSH or the thyroid stimulating hormone tests to ensure that the levels are at a safe minimum. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!