Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Atul L. LondheYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my leg from feet to knee joint, when I walk in my foot claws. It is happening from last month.
Hi, I am 27 year female, I have pain in lower back ,shoulder and I was having headache so much. So I test my result was Esr test is 35 mm and crp is 3.7 and hemoglobin is 11 .what further I have to check. My vitamin d is 13 .i do not have thyroid.
Hello doctor I am 34 years old man I have swelling in right hand last three days what should I do? Please tell me.
I am suffering from headache and body ache since last few months there is pain in legs also. Sometimes feeling cold and sometimes sweating highly.
My aunt is 56 years old and she has face a lot of pain in her shoulders because of havy wait lifting pleas give me the solution how to remove her shoulder's pain?
I am 32 years old male iam suffering from knee pain from last 2year, when I walk for 20 to 30 min continuously the problem arises or when I am climbing steps iam facing the problem severely for left leg.
I am 26 year old having back pain last 3 month. I am taking pain killer medicine and pain relief oil. But it can't stop. What can I do now? Help me.
I am 33 old man. I am having a neck pain which include the backbone pain also. I can't sit properly for five minutes also. I can not walk full distance. Respect sir to consider my problem and give a suggestion How it is caused What are verification for this problem?
My grandmother has problem in her leg. She can't move anywhere due to her pain in muscle of her leg. She take many medicine but no one works. Please suggest some ayurvedic medicine.
I have severe pain in side part of thighs and problem increases with increase my standing hours. May be there is some part of thigh meat comes out from both sides. I take medicine from Doctor But not work well and Doctor Asks it is a nerves weakness. Please help me.
I am 22 years old and I am feeling suffocation while pain in upper back pain from last 2 days. Also feel vertigo in movement in the morning. It comes after 2 months and sometimes takes 6 months. When I sleep left hand side then I feel good but on others position vertigo comes. This have been from last 7-8 years.
Sciatica refers to the pain one experiences due to the irritation or compression of nerve roots contributing to formation of Sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the body, running from the lower back, down to the back of each leg. The pain can occur in the lower back and spread to the hips, buttocks and leg. Sciatica generally affects one side of the body. There are numerous causes of irritation of the sciatic nerve and sciatica.
Some of them are:
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal caused by natural wear and tear of the vertebrae (individual bones in the spine protecting underlying nerves) of the spine is known as spinal stenosis. The narrowing may put pressure on the roots of the sciatic nerve, causing pain.
- Herniated Disc: A disc is made up of cartilage and acts as a cushion between vertebrae, allowing flexibility of the spine. A herniated or slipped disc occurs when a disc is temporarily pushed out of place, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is a condition where one of the lower vertebrae slips forward over another. This also causes a collapse of the disc space between both, causing the nerve to get pinched. This may cause sciatica.
- Piriformis Syndrome: Piriformis is a muscle found deep inside the buttocks, which connects the lower spine to the upper thighbone, running directly over the sciatic nerve. Spasming of this muscle can pressurize the sciatic nerve, triggering symptoms of sciatica.
- Sacroilitis: Sacroillac joints are the place where the lower spine meets the pelvis and inflammation of one or both of these joints causes sacroilitis. This can give rise to symptoms of sciatica as it causes pain in the lower back, buttocks and legs.
- Spinal tumors: Very rarely, tumors growing inside or along the spine may put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Infection or injury: Muscle inflammation, infections, fractures or any other spinal injury may lead to irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women may suffer from sciatica due to weight gain, expansion of the uterus or increased fluid retention or other changes occurring in the body, which put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Other causes: Osteoarthritis and fractures caused by osteoporosis may also affect the sciatic nerve, producing symptoms of sciatica. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.