Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Atul KulkarniYour feedback matters!
I am having a problem of blood coming out after each time I urinate. This is occurring for past 24 hours. And the urine is coming very frequently at an interval of every 10 to 15 min. Please suggest some medicine for urgent purpose and also direct which doctor should I consult.
Cystitis is a painful condition when due to the inflammation of the urinary bladder, an individual is unable to comfortably relieve himself/herself. Such conditions are often painful and cause irritation and frustration among the patients. But it should also be noted that cystitis is not an uncommon infection of the urinary tract and can be treated well. Furthermore, homeopathy tries to use the body’s own defence to cure diseases and infections; thus this is a very natural form of treatment, which is used to cure cystitis.
The common symptoms of this disease include the urge to frequently relieve oneself, an increase in the number of times one goes to urinate, painful urination and at times all these are accompanied with vomiting and nausea.
Homeopathy treats the person as a whole. It means that homeopathic treatment focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. The homeopathic remedies for cystitis are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution etc. A miasmatic tendency (predisposition/susceptibility) is also often taken into account for the treatment of chronic conditions. The symptoms listed against each medicine may not be directly related to this disease because in homeopathy general symptoms and constitutional indications are also taken into account for selecting the homeopathic remedies for cystitis.
Cantharis: When the main cause of your cystitis is an inflamed bladder, Cantharis is the best remedy. Such inflammations are often accompanied with burning sensations in the urinary tract apart from a frequent urge to relieve oneself. Cantharis seems to do wonders when it comes to treating any kind of inflammation or infection. As for the burning sensation, it provides immediate relief to this. It might take some time before the cystitis is completely cured with Cantharis, but at least the patient gets some relief, gradually leading to its complete cure. The urinary tract is a very sensitive area of the human body. Any infection or inflammation in the area should be dealt with carefully. Thus, an experienced homeopathic practitioner is the right person to come to your aid. Also, it needs to be seen first whether homeopathy suits you in general or not.
Apis Mellifica: Apis has more than one use when it comes to treating cystitis. First, it is seen that Apis helps in reducing pain and burning effect while urinating in this condition, which might give rise to corroded skin. Second, it is used to treat individuals of all ages. It can be administered in the right dosage to an infant who has problems in passing urine. It can also be given to young boys who have developed cystitis due to kidney infections. Moreover, it can be used to cure cystitis in any individual who is suffering from chronic inflammation of the bladder.
Thus, Cantharis and Apis are the two most effective homeopathic remedies to cure cystitis occurring in an individual.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am a kidney patient my both kidneys are shrink so what medicines you prefer and test reports are normal so what can I do please tell me?
Urinary tract infection is a widespread disorder that most of the human beings face, especially in later stages of their lives. Women who are sexually active are more prone for this infection.
The symptoms that are identified with urinary tract infection are frequent urination, pain and burning sensation at the time of passing urine. In certain cases, women even experience leaking of urine while sleeping. It is advised not to take this condition casually as it can lead to further complications. Medications need to be taken to reduce the discomfort and treat the infection.
Causes and predisposing factors of Urinary Infection:
- Urinary tract infection is mostly caused by bacteria.
- Sexual intercourse, pregnancy, diabetes and stones in urinary tract predispose to or aggravate urinary tract infection.
- Chances of urinary tract infection are more if a person has sex with many partners.
- In postmenopausal women, incidence of urinary tract infection is more due to depletion of certain hormones.
- Women should not hold back the urge for urinating frequently, as it makes one prone to infection.
Management of Urinary Tract Infection:
There are simple and helpful home remedies that can supplement management of urinary tract infection: The latter alone are not enough. You have to consult Doctor for proper treatment of this condition. Certain supportive measures that one can take in cases of urinary tract infection are as follows:
- It is very necessary to drink enough water, as it would help flush the bacteria from the bladder that cause the infection. It is advisable to drink at least 80 ounces of water on a daily basis.
- Spicy foods and bladder irritants like caffeine, carbonated drinks and artificial sweeteners should preferably be cut off from the diet.
- Include healthy foods in your diet that are high on fibre and helpful in digestive health of your body.
- It is advisable to adopt healthier habits and quit smoking. One should wear loose clothing and make use of personal hygiene products that are free from any fragrance.
- At times, there is burning, pressure, and pain around pubic area in cases of urinary tract infection. Applying a heating pad helps soothe the area. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I feel burning with my urine last 8 years .due to hand practice .I m doing hand practice last 10 years and that's y I feel earlier ejaculation of semen and I lost my health and memory.
I have anal fissure. Last two week before I consult a surgeon. He says this is starting stage no need of surgery. He gives ispaghol powder, looz syrup, tran vp, etc.Is this right medication? How can I cure this issue?
Urinary incontinence is the leakage of urine or urinating involuntarily. Urine is released by a process called micturition where the detrusor muscles of the urinary bladder contract to empty the bladder. This is usually a voluntary action but when the muscular contractions become involuntary, incontinence occurs.
Urinary incontinence may be caused due to stress, pregnancy, obesity, weak pelvic muscles, alcohol intoxication or due to diseases like diabetes, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease. Children under the age of 5 experience incontinence most often. People above the age of 65 are also prone to the condition. The disorder is observed more in women than in men. The associated conditions of urinary incontinence are:
- Infection in the urinary tract: The risk of bacterial infection is increased due to incontinence and abnormally frequent urination. If you have had an infection in the urinary tract in the past, chances are that incontinence will cause repeated or chronic infectious diseases in the tract.
- Skin diseases: The skin is constantly wet and in continual contact with nitrous urinary toxins like urea, inorganic salts and compounds. So, over time, the skin becomes red and itchy. Rashes and sores may also develop. Sometimes, when you scratch the itchy skin too much, the capillary blood vessels may break and cause a petechial rash - red and brown spots - to appear on the skin.
- Anxiety: There is a constant feeling of shame that accompanies the disorder. Urinary incontinence, which is a common symptom of many medical conditions, is often, not reported to doctors. The patient often avoids socializing due to fear of being unable to control the micturition process in a social situation.
- Depression: Urinary incontinence affects the patient's psychological health directly due to the adverse impact on his or her quality of life. The amount of sleep is often decreased as the patient is afraid of urinating while being asleep. The condition may also cause restrictions on employment and other recreational activities.
- Sexual problems: Most women suffering from urinary incontinence report decreased sexual urges, painful intercourse and are even unable to achieve orgasm in spite of responding to sexual stimulation because of urinary leakage during intercourse leading to embarrassment and withdrawal.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello, I am 31 years old male. Problem is that in the night I wake up for urine 3-4 times. Is it normal? My weight is 77 kg. In a whole day I drink 2.5-3 ltr. Of water. Please suggest me.
The kidneys make urine, which is a fluid through which wastes from the body including urea are eliminated from the body. There are two kidneys on the right and left side, which make urine, and pass it down to the bladder through tubes known as ureter. The bladder acts as a reservoir of the urine that is formed in the kidneys. It is stored temporarily there before being excreted out of the body through the urethra. The urinary bladder is a highly muscular organ and has a rich connective tissue.
Interstitial cystitis (IC) or painful bladder syndrome (PBS) is a very common condition, which affects females more than males. While the exact etiology is not known, it could be age-related and also lifestyle related. People who are used to controlling the urge to pass urine are highly likely to develop this condition. The simple logic is that there is additional pressure on the bladder from the urine that is contained for longer period of time. As such, the muscular wall stretches and begins to feel stressed.
When this habit continues over a period of time, the bladder wall may become irritated or inflamed or even scarred in severe cases. There is no role of bacteria in this condition, and antibiotics are of no help in managing this condition (though the name cystitis usually indicates infection).
The following symptoms are seen as a result of this constant irritation and inflammation.
- One may suffer from pain and pressure in the bladder as it continues to collect more and more urine.
- This pressure in the bladder also puts pressure on the surrounding tissues in the abdomen including the pelvis, urethra, abdominal organs, uterus, etc.
- Women may experience pain in the vaginal tract including vulva and behind the vagina.
- Men may experience pain in the area of the scrotum, testicles, prostate, and penis.
- There is an increased urge to urinate, which may be as much as 9 to 10 times a day. As the condition progresses, there could be more visits, as many as 40 to 50 visits a day.
- This tendency and urge to urinate increases during nighttime.
- For women, this urge to urinate and other symptoms including pain are worse during menstruation.
- There could be pain during intercourse for both men and women.
- There could be pain even otherwise, which can range from a mild dull ache to a piercing pain.
- At a structural level, this constant pressure leads to pinpoint bleeding (glomerulations) and sometimes even ulcers in the bladder wall.
There is no definitive treatment for IC or PBS. However, bladder distention and instillation are proven methods of increasing bladder capacity, which therefore helps in relieving symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.