Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Atul
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AtulYour feedback matters!
Hi, m 25 height 5.4' weight 49 kg, last month I found that I have multiple small cysts in my both ovaries .Right now I am having hormone-f so what should be my diet?
Was on novelon 21 day pill pack from june. Missed second last pill of june doubled up with the last. Took a gap of 6 days from 2-7th july. Had my withdrawal bleed from 5-8th july. Started new pack from 8th july night had protected intercourse on 9th july afternoon but the condom used thrice. Next had protected intercourse on 14th july. This was the last intercourse. Missed 21st july pill doubled up with 22nd july pill. Had a very light bleeding on 22nd july morning which was stopped as pills were continued. Pill pack ended on 28th july. Had withdrawal bleed with cramps from 1-6th aug. Pregnancy test at 4,5,6,7,8 weeks. All negative. No symptoms except severe gas with slight pain in lower abdomen on the right side. Was not taking the pill from this month. Since my health was not permitting. Do I need to do further hpt or blood test? Why is their a strong severe pain on the right side of lower abdomen accompanied by gas. Feeling a bit bloated from past 1 day. Is their any risk of pregnancy?
As we all know that IVF stands for In vitro fertilisation. It is a method of stimulating the ovaries in a female body, to release an ovum (egg), which is taken out of the body and fertilised artificially in the laboratory with the help of a sperm. After this, the embryo is transferred back to the uterus where it grows and develops naturally.
Understanding the Procedure
- The doctor attempts to have complete control over your menstrual and ovulation cycles, so as to know the correct time of the month when you ovulate. This includes, charting basal body temperatures, hormonal therapy drugs etc.
- Frequent blood tests, ultrasound will be required to map the progress of ovulation.
- Injections, drugs will be prescribed in required dosage to stimulate the ovaries.
- During this time, the doctors will monitor the growth of oocytes (eggs).
- After a suitable growth of the oocytes follicles, the eggs are retrieved for artificial insemination. (Fertilisation with the use of sperm cells in the laboratory).
- After the successful fertilisation, the embryo is transferred back to the uterus.
Can IVF have side effects?
- As a side effect it has a major chance of multiple pregnancies. People intending to have just one child, may not be mentally or economically prepared to take the responsibility of more than one child.
- The drugs and medicines used throughout the IVF procedure may create hormonal complications in the long run. It bears a risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, if the mother has to go through the cycle multiple times.
But it offers a number of benefits too...
- IVF increases the chance of pregnancy by a large percentage. It is one of the most successful methods of boosting fertility and pregnancy.
- Couples, who have repeatedly failed to bear children naturally, can opt for this treatment to produce their own offspring.
- In case the couples are completely infertile, donor eggs or sperms may be used in the process. However, in that case, the offspring will not bear the DNA of both parents.
- IVF can greatly reduce the chance of surgery on the fallopian tubes.
- IVF also provides an opportunity to choose the healthiest embryos before implanting it back in the uterus. A procedure, known as the pre-implantation genetic diagnosis, determines the presence of any abnormal genes or other chromosomal absurdity.
- The procedure of IVF has a very high success rate and with technological advancements in the field of medicine, it has also become much safer.
- IVF allows women, who go into premature menopause, to be able to bear a child. This treatment is mostly for women who decide to experience motherhood at a slightly older age.
- IVF allows same sex partners and single women to bear an offspring.
- It is extremely helpful for women who have their fallopian tubes damaged, blocked or surgically removed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
When female's vaginal fluid will come out during men's sperm pours inside or after vaginal fluid release men's can insert penis to vagina?
I am pregnant n third month is about to start. I was not aware about to take folic active but now I have started taking it. Is any danger is there as I have not taken it till 2 nd month?
Am facing irregularities in my sleeping timings what are the side effects that if the problem persists. Please suggest me any idea regarding my problem to maintain proper health.
Due to the hormonal changes that a female undrgoes during pregnancy ,it is mostly likely that any dental problems present will become severe. Hence its always recommended to get your dental treatment done before planning your pregnancy.Incase necessary they can be safely done under precautions during the second trimester.