Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AtulYour feedback matters!
I had sex with cloths on on 4th march. While having sex with cloths on I (boy) cummed in my underwear and the my jeans got damp which also touch her underwear above her vagina. After that she is having all 7 periods till now. Serial order is 6th march, 12 april 12 may 14 June 19 July 18 august and 19 September. She once vomited in may. And became ill during march to april. Can she still become pregnant from the sex with cloths on done in march 4? Can breakthrough bleeding happens every month like periods?
I want to get preg my date was 7 of this month n trying from three month which is the best way to get preg in this month please help me out.
"Don't get wacko stop tobacco"
Say no to tobacco n tobacco products. It is harmful for your oral n general health and may even lead to life threatening cancer.
Pilonidal Sinus is a disease commonly seen in the people with hairy skin. Disease presents as a small nodular swelling in the lower spinal region with off and on blood mixed pus and watery discharges. This sinus is formed because of underlying hairs which are impacted beneath the skin and act as a source of infection. Once the pus is formed; it creates a passage to come out on the skin; thus a sinus is formed.This disease is usually not curable by oral medication like anti biotics etc., Ayurvedic as well as homeopathic oral medication is also of not much help.
Now a days; pilonidal sinus patients are treated with surgery/ Z plasty. With these surgical procedure; chances of recurrence are as high as 15 %.
How ever in Ayurveda; Pilonidal Sinus can be very effectively and very conveniently treated by Graded Ksharsutra. In this procedure; first the sinus tract is defined with respect to its depth, direction and branching pattern with careful probing and sinogram. Once the sinus tract has been precisely defined; medicated Ksharsutra is placed in the tract with the help of certain instruments. Now from this medicated thread; medicine is gradually released in the tract. This medicine (Kshara) induces a potent debridement effect on the sinus tract as a result all the unhealthy fibrogranulomatous tissue, pus pockets and accumulated hairs etc. are cleared from the tract. The medicinal coating on the thread gets dissolved hence the thread has to be replaced by a new thread with in a week or two.
The sinus tract heals at the rate of 0.5 to 1 cm per sitting. Thus a small sinus tract which is around 4-5 cm long may take around 8-10 sittings to heal completely. The chances of recurrence of Sinus tract after Ksharsutra treatment are predictably ZERO.
The treatment is far better than surgery as-
- No hospitalization or bed rest required
- Patient can continue his normal routine activities
- Chances of recurrence are predictably ZERO
- No shaving of hairs or laser treatment for hair removal required
I am 46 year old and completed my period .I am gaining. Weight very fast so how to boost metabolism.
While having sexual contact. While we do not use condom. The sperm while enter the body it will make pregnancy. So here is my question. Any medicine is their to kill sperm 100% with out using condoms.
I'm suffering from white discharge in vagina and doc says i hav got an ulcer in cervix.How long does it takes to recover and what are the causes?
Sir, my wife have some time irritation problem in urinal way and she is getting weak day by day. And also she is getting problem during sex. She is not allowing for sex. Please tell me what should I do.
I am 20 years old and I am delayed by 12 days in my menstrual cycle but not got it yet. Normally I get my periods on time. I am not sexually active so pregnancy is impossible. Can I take some tables or medicines to start my periods as soon as possible as it is disturbing me in my daily routine please help as soon as possible.
I have APS +ve so is there any complications at the time of pregnancy coz earlier I already had miscarriage.
I suffered from vitamin D deficiency (9.4) whether is it possible to get conceive during this time. I got married in Feb 2016.
I am 33 years old, expecting my 1st child. I am in my 21st week got my Target Scan done last week, as per the scan reports everything is normal, and the fetus growth is good too. It weighs 295gms, heartbeat 153bph. Fetus movement was also seen in the ultrasound. But I am unable to feel any movement till date. Why is it so? Is it normal? What should I do?
My wife is 22 years old and she has been taking I-pill since past year and it has sum up to 13. After her last period ended we had sex and she took another pill. Then we had protected sex after 7 days and since then it's been a month and she hasn't got her periods yet. What is the problem?
Please suggest me any medicine to postponed my periods which will be safe and after which I may continue in my regular periods. Please help.
She is newly married and she missed her monthly period. After UPT test result got positive, She is trying miscarriage at home method like papaya, vitamin c over dose, pineapple, etc since 7 days. "some time pain are occur but no bleeding" now she have 1 month 15 days pregnancy. Plzz suggest her best type of abortion/ pill.
What are the chances of my girl getting pregnant if she had already taken levonorgestrel tablet a few weeks ago. We dint have proper sex neither did I ejaculate inside or near her vagina. I just rubbed and tried to thrust in a few times. Should she take a tablet again?
I am 54 yes old. Having blood sugar. High pressure. From last three yes I have noticed that a period of few days come after every 40 to 50 days. At that moment I won't like anything Even meal. Only at that time want to keep mum.
While making love is much more than getting a climax, it is one of the most pleasurable moments a man or a woman can feel. However, for many women, climaxing or achieving orgasms isn’t as easy as for men. In fact a significant number of women haven’t been able to achieve orgasm even once due to a variety of factors. Even women who want to orgasm face difficulty in achieving orgasms on a regular basis.
Here are some tips to help if you are one of these women.
- Attentiveness towards one’s own body: Women are often raised to be very conscious about their bodies and sexuality in general. This affects their view of sexuality even when they are in a committed loving relationship. Hence, many women are unable to communicate with their partners openly about their needs. It is important that you indulge in masturbation or some forms of self pleasure to understand what your body responds to and then be able to communicate it to your partner.
- Foreplay is king: This is a major part often missed by the partners of women who are unable to orgasm. Foreplay helps the woman get aroused; longer the foreplay, longer the arousal. A longer arousal will help you in being lubricated better, which will decrease painful sensations and will help achieve orgasms. It is also important that you talk to your partner and ensure that you have enough foreplay.
- Stimulation of the clitoris: While there is debate within the medical circles about the efficacy of various types of orgasms such as vaginal or pelvic orgasms; most women do feel clitoral orgasms as it is one of the most easily stimulated areas with thousands of nerve endings. Thus, you should ask your partner to rub, touch, or lick your clitoral region as this is one area where achieving orgasms would be easier than other parts of the genitals as well as a whole body orgasm.
- Variety is the essence of love making: Women tend to be able to orgasm with a variety of activities rather than one type of sexual act. It is thus, important for you to tell your partner the various things that you may be interested in trying out. If you can try out multiple positions and techniques, it will increase your chances of being able to orgasm.
- Take the help of toys and lube: Lubrication in the form of commercially available lubes as well as sex toys can help you achieve orgasm much quicker and it would be a good idea to include them in while making love. You can also go solo with these sex toys to achieve orgasm during masturbation as this would help in achieving orgasms even during sex with a partner.
Ovarian cancer is one of the most common cancers in women and occurs in the inner ovarian lining. It is not something that’s easily identified as it has no definite symptoms. In many women, it could be ignored until it has reached an advanced stage. Here, we have come up with a few facts about the causes, risk factors, symptoms, prognosis, and treatment for ovarian cancer.
There are no specific causes for ovarian cancer, other than a genetic condition. If there is a strong family history, it is advisable to talk to your doctor and see how you can use these to your advantage and reduce the risk of developing ovarian cancer. The following could be potential reasons that increase the risk of developing ovarian cancer.
- Postmenopausal women
- Menarche before 12 or menopause after 50
- Never having had a baby
- Use of hormones during menopause
As noted earlier, ovarian cancer does not have specific symptoms. But, a few symptoms could be such as the following.
- Regular bloated feeling in the abdomen
- Abdominal/pelvic pain
- Reduced eating capacity, as a feeling of fullness sets in
- Urination changes including increased frequency and increased urge
If these symptoms are present for 2 to 3 weeks and do not resemble the regular digestive or menstrual problems, it is advisable to get it medically checked. The difference would be that they appear suddenly, do not disappear, and also bring general lethargy, back pain, indigestion, painful sexual intercourse, and menstrual cycle changes.
Questions to ask after the tests
When these symptoms persist, and a medical checkup is undertaken, the patients can a few questions to know more. Know the internal speed. Has the disease involved one or both ovaries? This extent of spread within will determine whether one or both ovaries need to be removed. Find out any external signs, as ovarian cancers can spread to other parts, and they should be checked before treatment and planning the cure/procedure.
Any of the above treatment modes will have side effects in terms of reduced immunity, watching out for recurrence, hormonal effects, etc. Nausea and vomiting would be severe during the initial chemotherapy. Removal of hysterectomy would bring about hormonal changes and increase risk for breast cancer. Understanding these will help in identifying recurrence and altering lifestyle and following up after the treatment.
This would include changes including diet modification, adequate social support, and leading a healthy lifestyle to prevent recurrence.
Factors that can reduce the risk
- Having babies
- Tubal ligation or hysterectomy
- Use of oral contraceptive pills
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!