Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Atul Govind PuranikYour feedback matters!
While passing poop I feel mild (but sometimes extreme) pain, but after relaxing for 20-30 min the pain disappears but small itchiness remains, sometimes smell of poop also changes, .Please tell.
When I eat much food or when I eat something made up of wheat I really get my stomach problem I dnt knw what is going on with me I can only guess that I may be suffering from any disease so is there any solution for this?
I am passing a green stool since 1 years after losing 12 kg weight inteionly also since 6th month I am losing weight and passing green sticky stools report are lead poising 22 mg/dl Hepatomgly No appetite and extreme weakness After taking medications for lead poising my symptoms not relived Is this the problem of liver or due to lead toxicity? please reply the ans who hve any similar experience as patient.
I am 24 years of age and I am having big problem of acidity (pitta. My father is also having same problem. I used to take tablet every morning (omme-d or asilog). Because of this there are many restrictions on my food also not to take oily foods, tur daal, etc.how should I recover from this problem. So that I could eat everything I want. Please help.
I am suffering from acidity what care should I take to control the acidity. What are the side effects of acidity.
१. भोजन हमेशा समय पर करें.
२. प्रतिदिन सुबह देसी शहद में निम्बू रस मिलाकर चाट लें.
३. हींग, लहसुन, चद गुप्पा ये तीनो बूटियाँ पीसकर गोली बनाकर छाँव में सुखा लें, व् प्रतिदिन एक गोली खाएं.
४. भोजन के समय सादे पानी के बजाये अजवायन का उबला पानी प्रयोग करें.
५. लहसुन, जीरा १० ग्राम घी में भुनकर भोजन से पहले खाएं.
६. सौंठ पावडर शहद ये गर्म पानी से खाएं.
७. लौंग का उबला पानी रोजाना पियें.
८. जीरा, सौंफ, अजवायन इनको सुखाकर पावडर बना लें,शहद के साथ भोजन से पहले प्रयोग करें
Age 81 and currently diagnosed with having gall bladder stone, there is previous history on hiatus hernia which is 39 years old, kindly advice on can we go for operation.
When there is excessive acid build-up in your body, you experience a burning sensation in your chest. This condition is called acidity.
You feel a burning sensation in your chest, your mouth tastes sour and your throat may feel sore during bouts of acidity. An antacid can give you quick relief, but sometimes, you might feel like it isn’t working very well for you. Ayurveda may help you in this case.
Ayurveda is safe, and it provides a natural way to heal acidity.
Here are some Ayurvedic remedies for acidity:
1. Bananas: The potassium in bananas is an excellent antidote to acidity. Eating a ripe banana can provide you relief from the discomforting symptoms of acidity.
2. Milk: The calcium in milk bars acid build-up and absorbs the extra acid produced. For best results, drink cold milk to ease your discomfort.
3. Mint leaves: Mint reduces acid production and cools the burning sensation in your stomach. Chop and boil some mint leaves; then drink the cooled solution for relief.
4. Tulsi: Tulsi boosts mucus production in the stomach and has antiulcer properties. To ease your discomfort, chew on 5-6 tulsi leaves.
5. Cardamom: Elaichi, or cardamom, is a multi-purpose remedy. It stimulates digestion, reduces stomach spasms, soothes the stomach lining and prevents excessive acid production. Just crush two pods of elaichi in boiling water and drink it for quick results.
6. Cloves: Cloves boost saliva production, which helps in digestion and reducing the symptoms of acidity. For relieving acidity, just bite a piece of clove and keep it in your mouth. The oils released from the clove will reduce acidity within no time.
7. Aniseed: Aniseed cools the stomach lining, which reduces the burning sensation. Simply chewing a few aniseeds or saunf seeds, can bring about instant relief.
8. Cumin: Cumin stimulates saliva production, which aids in improving digestion and metabolism. You can eat cumin seeds, or boil them in water and then drink the solution for relief.
9. Ginger: Ginger improves digestion and helps absorb and assimilate essential nutrients better. It also protects your stomach from ulcers by boosting mucus secretion, which reduces the damage to the stomach lining caused by acid.
10. Amla: Also called the Indian gooseberry, amla has high amounts of vitamin C in it, which helps in healing the agitated lining of the stomach and oesophagus. You can consume one teaspoon of gooseberry powder to prevent acidity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.