Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Atul GanatraYour feedback matters!
We are a married couple since four years. But we do not have a child till now. We have done all the test suggested by the gynecologists. The results of all the test were positive. Even the doctors said both of you are absolutely fine. There is no issue. We even tried IVF once still it was unsuccessful. Can anyone advise us what to do next.
I am having scarce menstrual time bleeding (1.5 days), but periods are regular. Is it abnormal or sign of any condition like pcos. Im 28 years old, unmarried and earlier in early 20s I used to get more than 3 days of periods with good flow.
I'm now 6 weeks pregnant after normal delivery with episiotomy Medici lateral few weeks back when I checked doctor she said stitches are healed how ever I still have pain from my private place and my left leg, episiotomy was in my left thins bcoz of this pain I am not able to stand for even 5 mins please help me how to reduce the pain.
What is the best to get pregnancy I got married going 1 year till my partner not getting pregnancy, what time is the best in sex activity? My partner will get date every month 4th of beginning month, I hear from date time to 15 days is best time but we don'n have any problems we did check up all sexual problem.
My wife diagnosed with lichen planus. She is being medicated for various skin specialist but there is not any relief yet. In summer lot of skin itching takes place in leg and under arm. There is now mark for itching. Pl suggest permanent solution.
Post-pregnancy weight can be difficult to get rid of. It is a gradual process and often takes time. Experts are of the view that hormonal imbalance and a sudden increase in the diet are the major cause of the additional weight. This being said, shedding weight is possible if a consistent effort is made on a daily basis. Here is a list of hat tips to get you started:
- Walk every day: Walking 5 minutes a day does the world of good in the endeavor of shedding weight. Post the 6-week check-up after the arrival of the baby, the duration of walking can be increased. Brisk walking for half an hour can help the body to weight as much as 300 calories a day.
- Weight training- Weight training is one of the best forms of exercise to lose weight quickly. If hitting a gym is a problem, a personal trainer can be hired for working out. Certain exercises such as lifting small weights, doing lunges is a good way to start.
- Breastfeed: Breastfeeding for a time duration of 30-45 minutes (about3-4 times a day) helps to lose 600-800 calories per day. Some women even report of shedding all their extra weight just through breastfeeding. This is by far the easiest way of losing weight.
- Say no to calories- Calories, by all means, will have to be avoided. Certain fast food items such as soda, chocolate, and chips should not be consumed at all. Instead, meals rich in nutrient, fresh vegetable, fruits, whole grains etc. should be consumed on a daily basis.
- Frequent meals- 2 to 3 heavy meals a day are detrimental to a person trying to shed weight. Frequent meals, on the other hand, maintain a steady blood sugar level, reduce the tendency of over-eating and do not let fat store in the body.
- Frequent naps- Studies show that frequent naps can help a great deal of weight. It reduces the craving of eating food with high calorie. It also revitalizes the metabolism and refrains a person from long term self-deprivation. Naps will also help to gather enough energy to perform other physical activities.
- Healthy snacks- Home-made snacks containing whole wheat, low-fat milk and yogurt are good snack options for post pregnancy weight loss. These snacks block hormones that are responsible for storage of fat in the body.
- Yoga or meditation- Yoga has proved to be extremely effective for women trying to shed post-pregnancy weight. It especially helps in toning down the fat in the upper and lower abdomen which is extremely difficult to get rid of. Yoga also relaxes the mind and helps to focus more.
- Consumption of warm water- Drinking warm water after every meal serves two purposes.
- It doesn’t let the fat store inside the body.
- It helps in better digestion. It has to be ensured that the water is mildly warm and drinkable.
- Avoid stress- Nurturing a baby is exhausting enough. Stress on top of this can be disastrous. It leads to depression resulting into junk eating. It has to be ensured that stress is avoided by engaging in activities such as cooking, painting or listening to music. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
In today’s busy world where life is catching us by the neck, vacation is a word that is slowly getting out of our lexicon. While for many, travelling is a passion, for few others, travelling means a bag full of woes spending money, getting exhausted or may be falling sick. But it is very important for you to take short breaks from your busy schedules and go on a vacation, where you will travel, not for work, but for your own tranquility. The reason why travelling for yourself is important is that, travel can surprisingly help you to stay healthier and happier.
Below mentioned are five surprising ways travel can help you to stay much healthier:
- It is an effective way of reducing stress. Physical and emotional stress can deteriorate your health. Travelling can help you to drift away from your worries for some time and can thus, reduce your stress.
- Travelling can also help you to rework on your sleep schedules. It can allow you to get adequate sleep that your body and mind require. Sleeping well does improve your health conditions.
- Researches show that travelling can lower your chances of developing heart diseases or heart attacks. Thus, it can help you maintain a strong and healthy heart and you stay away from a host of cardiovascular disorders.
- Travelling involves a lot of body activity as well as joint and muscle movements. Thus, it can help you to get rid of your sedentary lifestyle (like sitting in front of computers and working for long hours at a stretch) and improve your flexibility.
- The different people and the different cultures you get to come across while you travel can really lift your spirits up and ebb all negative energies away. Thus, not only can travelling help you to maintain a healthy body, but it can also help you to maintain good mental health too.
Remember, taking some time out from the humdrum of your city and spending time out there in the world outside might just help you cope with a problem which has been giving you a niggle for quite sometime now.
The uterus, vagina and cervix are major components of the female reproductive system. Their functioning impacts the overall growth and health of the female body as well as sexuality.
There are a number of infections and diseases that affect the female reproductive organs. Most cases require clinical care and treatment in consultation with a gynaecologist.
Following are the symptoms of infection in the uterus, cervix or vagina:
- Pain or numbness in the pelvic region
- Unusual discharge from the vagina
- Bleeding during or after intercourse
- Pain or burning sensation during urination
- Skipped periods
- Excessively painful menstrual cramps
- Nausea and vomiting
- Urinary incontinence
There are three main types of infections that affect the organs of the female reproductive system. They are as follows:
This is an infection that affects the vagina. It occurs when the walls of the vagina get inflamed and irritated. It is caused by bacteria, viruses, yeast, chemicals and even clothing. It often occurs due to sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). The different types of infections that occur as vaginitis are yeast infection, viral vaginitis, bacterial vaginitis, trichomoniasis vaginitis, etc.
This infection affects the cervix. Cervicitis can either be acute or chronic in nature, depending upon what causes the cervix to get inflamed. It occurs most commonly due to sexually transmitted infections such as gonorrhoea, chlamydia and herpes. This condition is often confused with vaginitis as the two have similar causes and symptoms.
3. Pelvic inflammatory disease
Pelvic inflammatory disease (pid) is a serious infection that affects the uterus, ovaries and fallopian tubes. It is caused by sexually transmitted infections like chlamydia and gonorrhoea and can lead to severe complications. It often causes scar tissue to grow between the internal organs and may even lead to ectopic pregnancy. If not properly diagnosed, it can cause infertility and other chronic problems.
Treating the various infections that affect the female reproductive system depends on a number of factors such as nature of the problem, age and medical history of the patient, and the root causes. Early detection and diagnosis ensure effective treatment which makes it important to see a gynaecologist at the onset of symptoms.
Had my periods on 2nd of a month and then 2 weeks from then. I got sudden bleeding at an interval of 2-3 days till 21st of that month. And after that on 24rth day of the same month I had sexual intercourse with my partner.in which he pulled out before ejaculating. Is there any chances of pregnancy. When will be my next period if it's cycle length is 35-36 days?
I have in relationship with my husband without any protection in 1 year, I want to be get pregnant? But my period is not miss that's the reason I am not pregnant. What should I do?
Hi I am 27 years got married a year ago. Eagerly waiting for children. What are the best ways to conceive.
I have a question for a sexologist. My wife has no interest in sex. She neither like foreplay nor sex. She is afraid of sex. Though we have one son. But facing very big problem in our family life due to her lack of interest in sex after pregnancy. She has no interest in sex. She is afraid of sex. She is so afraid that if I touch her vagina than too she is afraid. She doesn't allow to touch her body. please suggest some medicine for her excitement and our good healthy and family life.
Hey, it has been diagnosed that I have fibroadenoma in my left breast. Doctors told that its happen in teen age sometimes but not dangerous at all. I just want to know if this can become cancerous or not.
Most couples dream of holding their first-born in their arms. But there are others who also dread the prospect of taking such a responsibility. Some are not sure and some cannot wait. It's important to know the fact that life certainly changes forever the moment a small bundle of joy enters your life. And there are many factors involved.
If you wish to know if you and your partner are ready to have a baby, check for these points:
1. You're excited
The first sign that you need to look out for, and which points out that you're ready to start a family of your own is you're eager and excited to welcome the newest addition. Reading baby books and blogs, thinking of ideas on how to decorate the room for your baby, or keeping yourself up-to-date on the latest parenting news may be certain signs that indicate your eagerness to have a baby of your own.
2. You're financially ready
Another indication that you may be ready to welcome a baby in your family is when you have every financial aspect sorted out, including investments and savings. The ideal financial plan should be such that you're able to add to your savings as well as build up a retirement corpus while still being able to sustain the lifestyle that you and your partner would like. Most importantly, sticking to the financial plan is as important as coming up with one.
3. You can empathise
A quality that every would-be parent needs to have is empathy. The ability to put yourself in another person's shoes is vital before you can bring another human being into the world. You and your partner may have different empathy levels, which you need to know beforehand as parenting also involves empathising with your child's pain fears, needs, and worries and so on.
4. You're ready to make a professional sacrifice
Having a baby also calls for making a professional sacrifice as looking after a baby is not an easy task. You or your partner may have to take a long break from work. It's, therefore, vital to see where you and your partner stand in your careers.
5. You have support
Having experienced people around you or people you can trust can help ease the days that usually follow on the arrival of this newest visitor. Your support could be in the form of your parents or in-laws who can look after your child while you go for work or take rest. Other support systems that you can consider are day care.
Above all, you need to be the best version of yourself before taking on this additional responsibility.