Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Atul Chirmade
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Atul ChirmadeYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor I have a dark skin and I want. To use a first time melacare cream Dear doctor is it safe or not? And how much time I can use it? Any side effect?
I'm suffering from black lips. Actually it was very pink but day by day becoming very black so please suggest me to control this nd any medicines wil help to control this problem?
I am 29 years old female. I have external hemorrhoid before marriage that never bleeds. But now after baby delivery I am having severe constipation and also bleeding and pain from anus. What should I do to relive hemoriods without surgery.
I am 22 Yr old male, and actually have allot of dark spots on my face which makes me feel uncomfortable, please suggest how to reduce these dark spots, and what should be eaten to avoid getting pimples. Thank you.
Hi I wanted to know if there is any treatment for colour fairness by medicine or injection which could fair my colour and does not have side effects.
Dear Sir/Madam, I'm using propygenta NF cream from past 2 years for improving my fairness. Recently I came to know it is used for reddish treatment. I did not find any side effects and even I became much fairer after using the cream. Is it safe to use the cream? Can I go for laser treatment for permanent solution to become fairer. Please advice.
If stressed, consuming certain food and medications can trigger skin rashes. This kind of rash is called hives. It is also known as urticaria. Anyone can be affected by hives, at least 20% of people are affected by hives at some time or the other in their lives. The itching could be severe or mild. It starts as a patch of scaly white skin that develops into red welts over time. To make sure the itching does not worsen, scratching, emotional stress, alcoholic drinks and exercise should be avoided.
- Itchy bumps that are raised and are either red or flesh coloured
- If the hive is pressed in the middle, the skin whitens this symptom is called blanching.
- The hive formation can appear anywhere, disappear and then reappear somewhere else.
- Certain food like shellfish, eggs, peanuts and other nuts
- Certain medicines like antibiotics, ibuprofen and aspirin
- Insect bites or stings
- Physical causes like pressure, sun exposure, cold, exercise and heat
- Blood transfusions
- Bacterial infections
- Pet allergens
- Viral infections like the common cold, hepatitis and infectious mononucleosis
- Certain plants like poison ivy and poison oak
There is no distinct cure for hives. But you can control its symptoms in the following ways:
- Antihistamines help in blocking histamines, which cause the allergy symptoms. Non sedating or low sedating Antihistamines will be mostly recommended by your doctor.
- If episodes of hives are several, it may require limited treatment with prednisone. Prednisone will be able to lessen the symptoms.
- If the symptoms get severe enough so much so that it swells up your tongue and you have problem breathing, then the doctor might prescribe an epinephrine. However, these symptoms can mean another thing, an anaphylaxis shock. Epinephrine is the only treatment for an anaphylaxis shock.
If what caused hives to break out is figured out, then measures should be taken to avoid or eliminate the triggers.
- Avoid eating food items that triggered the symptoms in the first place
- If harsh soaps, frequent bathing cause hives, they should be avoided
- Tight clothing should be avoided
- If cold triggers hives, then wear warm clothing, wrap a scarf and do not swim in cold water.
- Avoid sun exposure and wear sunblock
- If a specific medication is causing the hives, inform your doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.