Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Atul C. VaykoleYour feedback matters!
Hi Nose bleed problem for my brother age 53. He has diabetes and BP and Dr. Gave aspirin 75 mg after a weak nose bleed started. For last 15 days he is taking antibiotic and thanks 500. Aspirin stopped but Bleeding is not yet completely stopped. Ct scan of nose shows * Mild mucosal thickening noted in bilateral maxillary Antrum * Mild divination of nasal septum noted to right with mild turbinate hyper trophy in nasal cavity on both side Rest is normal. Please help.
My wife aged 55 is suffering sinus allergyand sneezes continuously all through the day. Allopathy, ayurvedic & biochemic treatment could not solved her allergy.
Sir from last 6 months I have problem related to throat because of the acid reflux problem whenever I am eating food I comes back from mouth with bitter test will you please suggest me what to do in this problem thanks.
I am 15 years old female and I am suffering from chronic sinusitis nearly from two years and now I am in 10th. I suffer from severe headache daily due to which I can't study. Headache becomes totally fine in the evening but it starts in the morning nearly 9 pm little and it becomes worst till afternoon, it also gets better if I sleep. My nose is even fully blocked. Mucus is not coming out. When I sneeze only little comes. I feel pressure around my eyes even. In x-ray the final impression is maxillary and frontal sinusitis. I don't understand why headache is more in evening and afternoon and why it becomes less in evening as well as why it becomes better as I sleep in afternoon. Is it sure that I am causing from sinusitis only or any other problem? please answer all my questions and tell me what should I do further. Please.
I am suffering from hodgkin lymphoma and am going through radiotherapy. Me being milk white, A part of my face has become black because of it and it looks bad. I don't feel like going outside or showing my face because it looks horrible. Is there anything I can do to remove the blackness? Please Help.
I am 26 years old , suffering from sinusitis I am having ayurvedic treatment is it useful to cure or will have to go for surgery? As its been 1 month while having ayurvedic medication.
Ear aches are a common complaint for many children. An ear infection can be explained as an inflammation of the middle ear. Unlike other aches, this one cannot be soothed by scratching or applying pressure and hence makes children cranky. Ear infections are usually triggered by bacteria or viruses. This causes inflammation that narrows the tube in the ear and allows fluid to build up. This fluid buildup is responsible for the pain.
However, not all ear infections need to be treated with medication. When it comes to treating ear aches in children, picking a natural remedy is a much better option ,since it has no side effects and can address the root cause of the infection. Here are a few natural remedies for earaches:
- Compress: Hot and cold compresses are very effective ways of treating pain and can be used for earaches as well. Place an ice pack or a warm, moist compress over the ear to soothe the ache. Heat relaxes the muscles and stimulates blood flow while ice controls inflammation and swelling. Hot and cold compresses should not be applied for over 20 minutes at a time.
- Water: Some actions can help open up the eustachian tube to the middle ear. Swallowing is one such action. To encourage your child to swallow, offer him lots of fluids.
- Oil: Before using oil to treat an earache ensure that your child is not suffering from a ruptured eardrum and there is no fluid leaking from the ear. Pouring a few drops of warm olive oil or sesame oil can help soothe the pain by opening up the eustachian tube. It can also prevent the buildup of excessive ear wax and form a protective layer on the outer ear against bacteria and other infections.
- Elevate the head: Elevating a child's head can help improve sinus drainage. When it comes to children, instead of using a pillow below their head, place the pillow below the mattress to create a gradual slope.
- Onion: Onions can be used in many different ways to treat earaches. You could either juice an onion and put a few drops of the same in the ear or slice an onion in half and heat it before placing it over the ear like an ear muff. Onion contains anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help soothe earaches effectively and quickly.
If the earache does not reduce or if there is a discharge from the ear, do not continue to self treat it and consult a doctor immediately.
Respected Doctors, I'd like to clearly mention my problem. I'm 23 and I ain't a frequent traveller in flights. When ever I depart a flight & after certain time, I feel my ears closed due to gravity level & for a second or two, I couldn't breath properly. I can feel my brain nerves being pulled by someone and leads to terrible headache for that 20-30mins of journey. After the plane arrives destination, It takes sometime for me to go back to normal condition. Ps: I'm not really scared/feared of heights. Help me fight the condition.:(Thank you for your time.
I used to sing (sing high notes), then I suffered from running nose but my singing activity continued but when it became severe I took medications after which my singing activity completely destroyed. Because now I suffered from Neck tightness. Now it is also cured, and I am able to speak but not comfortably. Though I am able to speak, I am not able to sing at all. My thorat becomes too tight at the start of the song and I cannot proceed. I will one side of the face and neck very tight like it has mucus in it. And when I speak it sounds like when Someone speaks during cold and cough. Sound quality completely gone and its more than one month I am suffering from this. Missed out on Lot of college functions and auditions. No time to visit A GOOD doctor because of exams and distance. Please someone help me resume my singing. I feel very bad when I listen to a song or someone singing, feels irritated now.
I drank cold water yesterday. Normally I am used to drink cold water but since today morning my tonsils are paining a lot. And I am also having body ache. I ate paracetamol 500mg but its not working. What should I do now? please suggest me any other medications.
I think in the bottom of my throat something is situated because I am feeling difficulty to press air through my bottom of throat. I have also jaw problem, tightness in facial muscle neck pain, back pain etc. Is this swallowing problem or breathing problem? Please tell me what should I do best for myself?
I am 20 years old and I'm suddenly facing this problem, where I get so dizzy and my heart beats increase and I just cannot stand still. Its been 3 days now and even after taking medicines, I see no change. Its been 3 days now and Its affecting my eyes too, my vision has become blur. The name of the medicine that the doctor prescribed are -Be Still 16 and Stugeron. Is this anxiety attack. I haven't been able to stand since 3 days and sudden heart rate increase and constant blackouts and blur vision. I've always had this problem, where I would back out sometimes when I suddenly got off bed or a chair but it would happen sometimes but pst 3 days I'm facing this 24/7. I can barely do anything, I've become extremely slow.
I am 18 year old boy. I used to live in Shimla but now I study at Jaipur. Since I shifted here, my nose has bleed at least 7 times till now. And today it bleed twice. Is it a serious matter?
I have a pin hole outside on my right ear from child hood . I had observed some drop of fluid coming out from that hole . Now I am 43 years old . I am getting little bit pain from that side and one extra hole generated just 1" down from that previous hole . Now that fluid coming from that new hole and fluid becomes red and yellow . More than than two months that area not totally dry up . Please tell me what to do .
I have epidermal cyst on left side of my nose from past 2 years. Sometime its size is decreasing and sometime increasing. This time its about 0.2cm. What should I do. Is it necessary to remove it or if I didn't remove it what will be the complications if any?
Doctor, Few days ago I have given Lyser-D and Gudcef-200 for throat infection. That was controlled but 3-4 bowel movements per day, semi solid normal but not liquid kind. I am not dehydrated and normal. But going that many times to toilet and urge are getting me discomfort. Itching near anus also recently what to do doctor, kindly help me.
Dizziness is usually described as variety of sensations, which comprise of a feeling of faintness, unsteady, weak, light headed, giddy or woozy. When dizziness causes a false feeling of spinning and the moving surroundings is known as vertigo.
Dizziness can be one of the most common reasons for a visit to the doctor. However, constant feeling of dizziness can affect a person's life drastically, but it is rarely life threatening. The treatment of dizzy sensation and dizziness mostly depends on the symptoms.
Causes of Dizziness
The common causes of dizziness are medication, motion sickness and ear problems, especially disturbances of the inner ear. An injury, infection or poor blood circulation can also lead to dizziness. The triggers of dizziness and the sensations it provides are used to evaluate the cause. Also, the duration of the dizziness and the symptoms lead to a clue towards the cause of the same.
Dizziness Caused by the Inner Ear Problems
The balance of the body depends on the combined effort of many parts of the sensory system. These are:
- Sensory Nerves: These send messages to the brain in regard to the body positions and its movements
- Inner Ear: The inner ear has the organ of corti which are responsible for detecting the motions and thereby help in the balance of the body.
In vertigo a person might feel that the things around them are moving, thus creating a swaying or a spinning motion. Vertigo is usually caused by the problems of the inner ear.
The common causes are:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), this happens when the calcium particles accumulate in the inner ear canals. The inner ear is responsible for the body movements and balance.
- Meniere's disease, a problem of the inner ear mainly caused by the build up of the fluids, thereby leading to a change in pressure. This causes vertigo along with hearing loss and tinnitus.
- Vestibular neuritis is the problem of the inner ear and is largely due to infection. Infection leads to swelling of the nerves of the inner ear which affect the body movements.
Treatment of Vertigo Includes:
- Rehabilitation of the vestibular system by physical therapy in order to strengthen it.
- Canalith repositioning by suggesting some body and head movements basically for BPPV. These movements help to move the calcium deposits from the inner ear canals to one of the chambers, which are further absorbed by the body. When the canaliths (calcium deposits) move, it might give rise to vertigo.
- Medicines are given to relieve symptoms of motion sickness and nausea. Antibiotics can be taken in case of infection and swelling.
- Surgery in some cases.