Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Atul Bhagwan DeokarYour feedback matters!
I have 1 year 5 months baby and she fell down from the table, she feeling pain in right hand wrist and it is swelling little, please suggest?
My son is 15 months old He is suffering in Krabbe disease, is this disease is curable what we do Pls. Suggest me.
My 7 + year is suffering from dry cough n nose block in the night n running in day time from laat 2 days. N pain in stomach during cough. Pls suggest.
My son is becoming very stubborn day by day and doesn't listen to whatever is told to him. 1st word is always No to what ever we say. Also he is very introvert. He didn't mingle Wit his age group but yes he plays wit elder kids. How do I tackle him?
Helo Dr. Mera nephew hai 4 years old woh khana sahi khata hai per uske body mein kuch nhi lagta bahut kamjor hai woh bones hi dikhai deti hai pls suggest me.
Will their be granule formation due to bcg near neck. My son of age 3.5 month got a granule near neck, we have noticed it at 1.5 month and consulted a doctor he is saying that it is due to bcg so I am worried about it.
Hi. I have 28 days old baby boy. I am given only brest feeding to him. But from last 2 days my baby is continuously crying due to insufficient brest feeding. I thought to give lactogen formula milk. Is it fine foe baby.
My daughter is 3 year old. She is having cough since last week. We have given her cough syrup but no effect. Kindly suggest what we should give her. She used to cough at nights.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My baby is to born on 10th of december, its our first baby, I am not getting if it will born earlier to date or after the date? What care should I take? Please suggest.
My son is 2.5 months old baby his naval will swollen (hallow like) sometimes when breathing strongly and suddenly comes to normal stage after few seconds. He uses to urinate frequently means 15-20 times per day is this is normal please suggest.
He is born on the 24weeks 1day of the pregnancy. Weight 760grms. Normal delivery. His growth completed or not? In future have any problems? Please give me a answer.
Hi my baby has completed 1 yr, during his birth he was suffered from severe jaundice the blood transfusion has done now he is active but not crawling and sitting, he is rolling please suggest what to do for him for quick milestone.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.