Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Atit ShahYour feedback matters!
I was using too much computer and mobile from last few years and now my vision has been poor and acing problem in reading far away. How to make my vision back to normal?
How to improve my eyes vision, my left eye is so week so please subject me how to improve my eye vision immediately.
I suman 22 year old. My eyesight is becoming weak day by day. I have consulted many doctors. They only change the power of my spectacle. I am unable to see anything when I remove my spectacle. So please help me.
Iam getting stomach ache since from two weeks and my eyes are becoming red and vomiting are becoming I can not bare the stomach ache what should I do.
Hi doctor. I got job in railway as loco pilot in which A-1 grade eyesight is required. Last year I have checked my eyesight and it's 6/6.but I was working in a private company since one year in day and night shifts. Sometimes worked 24 hrs continuously which sometimes strained me. Now I had a eye test in next month from railway. I was afraid of the test. If the eyesight is not 6/6 they will reject me. So how can I improve my eyesight to 6/6? What should I eat regularly? What I should not eat and avoid? Is there is any tablets to improve eyesight? Pls help me.
I have been suffering from the problem odlf myopia. What are the reasons behind it and remedies for it.
My eyes are yellow after jaundice it remains yellow I want to turn it white like I have before jaundice.
With technology at your fingertips, it is hard to think of times when the existence of laptops and television sets was unimaginable. Technology is common enough to be taken for granted in present times. TV and laptops are especially in widespread use. The primary reason could be entertainment, an urge to connect to the larger world, or the need to kill time. Such dependability leads to severe health hazards. Read on to find out more:
Effects of TV and laptops on your health:
- Sleep deprivation: Long hours of exposure to artificial light can lead to sleep deprivation.
- It can also lead to serious vision problems: Watching TV or using laptops for long hours can make your eyes vulnerable to constant glare. You fail to realize, but changing lights of a computer screen or of a television set in a dark room can be extremely strenuous for your eyes to adjust. Constantly changing lights can lead to glaucoma. However, dry and itchy eyes, headaches and poor vision are the commonly noticed effects.
- It causes obesity in children and adults: Since all your work can be done on the internet, you tend to become lethargic. You are too lazy to go to the market or to the bank. Even if you are not watching you use the television for background music. Adults therefore do not make qualitative use of their free time. Children are addicted to playing games and browsing sites on the laptop. They hardly indulge in outdoor games. This leads to obesity in adults and children all the same.
- Propels your desire to eat fast food or packaged food: Binge eating is a very common practice while watching TV or using laptops. Chips, pizzas, burgers, ice- creams, cold drinks and absolutely anything junk devoid of nutritional value are more liked by us. Junk food not only leads to weight gain but is also detrimental to our digestive system.
- Can increase the risk of infertility in men: Laptops heat up when used for a long span of time. This heat can increase scrotum temperature which results in reduced sperm production, leading to infertility.
As is said, nothing in excess is good for your health. It is therefore, best to make controlled use of TV and laptops to avoid its harmful effects.