Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My nephew aged 11 years, has seizure since last month. Doctors diagnosed it epilepsy. We started medicines but seizures occurs on every 2 & 3 days. Mostly during seizure his eyes goes upward and his body has vibrates as electric shocks. Once after seizure his body shocked many times. We asked him what is this. He said my nerves are jaults from inside. We want to know is it epilepsy or not. What should we do at the time of seizures. Eagerly waiting for your reply. At this time he is taking 2 medicines named valparin 200 & levecitram. Thanks.
Hi doctor I have one month old baby boy and am gaining weight constantly tummy is becoming fat. There is no menstrual discharge also. Kindly suggest me some solution.
If child is between 10-12 years and does not take or avoid food what step or precaution to be taken for the same.
On average, kids under age 3 catch six to eight colds a year. "We think that since most children are encountering viruses for the first time, their immune systems aren't able to kill them as quickly as when they encounter them again. What's more, because kids aren't overly concerned about having a runny nose, the virus tends to end up on their hands, clothing, and toys--where it can live for 30 minutes. When another child touches an infected toy and then rubs her nose or eyes, she can catch the cold.
However, having lots of sniffles early in life may protect kids later on. Researchers have found that children who develop frequent colds in preschool catch fewer colds during their school years--presumably because their immune systems have learned to recognize and fight off the bugs. And a German study has found that babies who have more than one cold before their first birthday are less likely to develop asthma by age 7.
My daughter age is 15 month And 10 days. When his age is 6and half months than we find that she is suffering from Iron deficiency Anemia. That time hemoglobin level is 6.5% and that time required blood transfusion. After that when she admitted in hospital that time Hemoglobin level is 10.38% and at presently We take some test. At present hemoglobin % is 12.20 and LDH level 597U/L and S. Ferritin level is 63.8 ng/ml and we also taken HB ELECTROPHORESIS and result is HB A- 96.5%, HB A2-2.3% and HB F -1.2%. Now I want to know the above report result mean. Can you tell me please? Presently vomiting problem for 3 days after eating.
Which toothpaste is good for him he is 3 years old and mostly swallow the paste now we are using patanjali kids for him please suggest the safe one for him.
My son is 6 months old. I have started giving him cerelac. Just wanted to know if it is okay for the baby. If yes, How many times a day can it be given? When and how much?
Hi, my grandson is 40 months old. His hb is very low. He hesitates for any type of food. Can I get solutions so that he will start eating food.
My son has a problem that he doesn't like to eat home made food. He has no interest in eating any sort of home made food. He sits for long long hours hungry without eating anything. please help me wat should I do? Should I give him any tonic?
I have one child one year old she is not eating food also didn't drink water also am worried why she is not taking food now a days I had meet a pediatrician but they didn't check properly. Please help me am so nervous am worrying. Please reply me soon.
My baby is born in 36 week and her birth weight is2. 1 kg .after birth she had small pda 2 mm ,asd 11 mm and sever pvh. And also enlarge heart .now she is turn 1 years but her weight is only 5.9 kg how to take care of baby for increase her weight and also doc suggest furoped medicine .is this medicine is good for baby?
Ear aches are a common complaint for many children. An ear infection can be explained as an inflammation of the middle ear. Unlike other aches, this one cannot be soothed by scratching or applying pressure and hence makes children cranky. Ear infections are usually triggered by bacteria or viruses. This causes inflammation that narrows the tube in the ear and allows fluid to build up. This fluid buildup is responsible for the pain.
However, not all ear infections need to be treated with medication. When it comes to treating ear aches in children, picking a natural remedy is a much better option ,since it has no side effects and can address the root cause of the infection. Here are a few natural remedies for earaches:
- Compress: Hot and cold compresses are very effective ways of treating pain and can be used for earaches as well. Place an ice pack or a warm, moist compress over the ear to soothe the ache. Heat relaxes the muscles and stimulates blood flow while ice controls inflammation and swelling. Hot and cold compresses should not be applied for over 20 minutes at a time.
- Water: Some actions can help open up the eustachian tube to the middle ear. Swallowing is one such action. To encourage your child to swallow, offer him lots of fluids.
- Oil: Before using oil to treat an earache ensure that your child is not suffering from a ruptured eardrum and there is no fluid leaking from the ear. Pouring a few drops of warm olive oil or sesame oil can help soothe the pain by opening up the eustachian tube. It can also prevent the buildup of excessive ear wax and form a protective layer on the outer ear against bacteria and other infections.
- Elevate the head: Elevating a child's head can help improve sinus drainage. When it comes to children, instead of using a pillow below their head, place the pillow below the mattress to create a gradual slope.
- Onion: Onions can be used in many different ways to treat earaches. You could either juice an onion and put a few drops of the same in the ear or slice an onion in half and heat it before placing it over the ear like an ear muff. Onion contains anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help soothe earaches effectively and quickly.
If the earache does not reduce or if there is a discharge from the ear, do not continue to self treat it and consult a doctor immediately.
Related Tip: "Common Ear Infections: What You Should Know About Them"