Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ateek Shaikh
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Ateek ShaikhYour feedback matters!
What are the symptoms of conjunctivitis. I am suffering from eye disease from 3 days. I have a doubt that could it lead to any severe problem? I am having severe burning sensation tooo.
Sir. I have eye site got in my 18th year. Till now. It's OK. But now. It's increasing now. What I have to do now.
I an 47years male, My left eye has turned red and continuously yellow discharge is coming out, swelling in upper lid also.
I feel pain on my right side of head also at that time feel pain in my eyes this happens almost from 1 year.
My spouse ages 43, is being sight weakness, one years earlier her sight was checked, and suggested to her for tow types of spectacles near and far, but after one year condition is that she is using far distance spectacles for near sight. Kindly suggest to me regarding solution for this problem.
Cataract, jise hum motiyabind bhi kehte h, ankho ki wo beemari hai jisme aankho k lense ki transparency dheere dheere kam hone lagti hai aur isse ankho ki roshni kaafi kam hojati hai. Iska ilaaj cataract surgery he hai. Isme koi dawaiya kaam nahi karti hai. Cataract surgery me ankho k defective lens ko nikal kar artificial lens laga dia jata hai, jisse hume fir se dikhna shuru hojata hai. Aaj kal cataract surgery ki latest technique ka naam Phacoemulsification hai. Isme hume ek chote se cheere se phacoe probe ko ankh k ander dala jata hai. Ye motiye k, yani cataract k defected lens k chote chote pieces ko pighla k bahar nikal deta hai. Aur fir usi cheere se artificial lens ankho k ander laga diya jata hai.
Jo lens ankho ke ander lagaya jata hai, use hum mukhya roop se 2 tarah se divide kia ja sakta h;
- Unifocal lens
- Multifocal lens
Unifocal Lens: Jese ki naam se pata lagta hai, unifocal lens ek point pe focus banata hai. Suppose, agar humara lens door k object pe focus bana raha hai to nazdeeki cheez saaf nazar nahi aegi. Aur agar pass ki object pe focus bana raha hai to door ki cheezein saaf nazar nahi aegi. Islie is lens ke sath hume chashma lagana he padega, jo ki hume patients ko pass ki nazar ka chashma lagana he padta hai saaf dekhne ke lie.
Multifocal Lens: Multifocal lens 2-3 jagah pe focus bana sakta hai. Aur iski madad se hume nazdeek or door, dono theek se dikhai de sakta hai. Lekin Multifocal lens has some disadvantages over Unifocal lens. like;
- Multifocal lens me hume image ka contrast kam milega in comparitive to Unifocal lens.
- Multifocal lens me Glare and Halos dikhai dene ke zada chances hote hai
Konse patients ko Unifocal lens chahie or konse patient ko multifocal lens chaie, ye patients khud decide kar sakte h, according to their choice and work. Jin patents pe operation se pehle he cylindrical number zada hota hai, un patients ko focus banane k lie aise lens ki zarurat hoti hai jinme cylindrical power ho. Aise lens ko hum Toric lens bhi kehte hai.
Yani ki aise patients k liye, Unifocal toric lens ya fir Multifocal toric lens he zada acche maane jate hai jinko ki wo choose kar sakte hai.
Cataract surgery k results aj ki tareek me bohot acche hai. Lekin ultimate visual gain after cataract after the sugery depends on the condition of the eyes before sugery and how the surgery works on the patients.
This is the worst time of the year, for your eyes. Pollution from firecrackers, smog due to weather change and generally ever increasing vehicular pollution adds up to be the worst for your eye health.
Protect your eyesight and take care of your eyes by following these simple daily eye care tips.
1. Eat Well: Protect your eyes from within. Eat for good vision. Eat foods that have various nutrients such as omega 3 fatty acids, zinc and lutein, vitamins A, C and E to keep eye problems at bay. Green leafy vegetables, salmon and other oily fishes, eggs and nuts, orange and citrus fruits are great for eyesight.
2. Quit Smoking: For better eye-care leave smoking. This simple activity can make you likelier to get optic nerve damage, macular degeneration and cataracts.
3. Have eye-care routine: Most of us don’t have an eye care routine, which is essential for keeping them fit. So, develop a good eye-care routine. In this routine, practice eye exercises, focusing eyes on a point far away to promote muscle development. Clean eyes everyday with fresh, clean water to reduce eye mites and other problems.
4. Wear Sunglasses: Wearing sunglasses on a regular basis will protect eyes from UV rays and ensure protection. This will help in reducing the chances of getting cataracts and developing macular degeneration.
5. Use Safety Wear: It is important that you regularly wear safety wear problems. For instance, for sports, wear eye protection products, sports goggles or protective face masks.
6. Look away from computer: A lot of us use computers too much for work and recreation. Now is the time to look away from it. Staring at the computer for long can cause eyestrain and blurry vision, trouble focusing at a distance and result in dry eyes as well as neck and shoulder pain with headaches. So, take regular breaks from that computer.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.