Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asmita Mahajan
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Asmita MahajanYour feedback matters!
My 3 year old daughter is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she Can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I Do?
I'm suffering from bronchial asthma since two years But it occurs only in winter. Cough submit in the cold weather. In summer I don't have problems What is the affect of lung and bronculle It becomes respiratory problems. Prescribe me good medicines for permanent relief.
My six year old daughter occasionally suffers from cold and cough. I want to give her something to boost her immunity. Kindly please give me direction as of which homeopathy medicine should I give her and will it be for lifelong?
My Daughter 2 and half month old. She have too much Gas (Colic) problem.Dr. recommend Colicaid and Neopeptine Drops but nothing use. I want to know when dis problem Will Go. After 3 month or 6 month. Please suggest what I should do for colic.
Hi! My daughter is 12 year old she is suffering from cold from last one week. I gave her febrex plus but she is still complaining of blocked nose. Pls suggest some good medicine. She does not have other health problems nor she is having fever now.
My daughter is 2 years old, she is not doing motion from 4 days. Yesterday she did like small laddu like tight. Not eating well. What to do?
A part of the lymphatic system, tonsils work hand in hand with the body’s immune system. Some reasons for enlarged tonsils are as follows:
Common cold (viral)
Enlarged tonsils can cause various health problems if left untreated. Often, tonsil infections can result in vomiting symptoms—something not quite treatable using traditional and allopathic medicinal practices which often look to surgery to remove the tonsil and provide relief.
Homeopathy is gaining popularity in treating kids with enlarged or infected tonsils. The homeopathic approach acknowledges the tonsil as an integral part of the body’s immune system and thus discourages surgical treatments of tonsil related problems. Homeopathic medicines are safe and can be used for prolonged periods without any side effects.
The homeopathic approach to enlarged tonsils works in the following way:
They bring down the size of the tonsil back to normal thus converting the tonsil from its unhealthy enlarged state to its normal, healthy one.
They enhance the immunity and resistance to allergic reactions/attacks from exposure to allergens.
They reduce the occurrence and frequency of common cold and influenza.
Cases have been recorded when traditional and allopathic approaches to tonsil infection failed and the patient was saved due to homeopathic treatment.
Hi I am 24 yrs and I have a 2 years infant. After stopping breast feeding. My breasts hv completely sagged. Massaged 4 3 months. .bt don't find any result. Suggest me .hw 2 enhance my breast.
My 3 year old is sick with a Temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My baby is 3 months old and he drinks a better quantity of milk but she also spit a.lot like some times curd. And sometimes very instantly after feeding why this happens so. Why. She do like this is there any solution. Pls answer.
My son is 1.5 year old, sometime he is suffering from tight potty even though we give him lots of water of to drink. But still sometime he faced the problem and had problem while doing potty. Can you please suggest me some medicine to cure from root.
Hi my son is 7 months old and suffering from motion since 5 days and vomiting and not taking milk or anything.
My son is weak but he is active age 7 years height 4 ft weight 19 kg, Pls suggest for him, now sometime he feels pain in stomach.
My daughter having pain in legs and knees got backward although she can run walk and also jumps but every time she is crying for stream feet pain only left toe. So please give the solution she is so thin.
My age is 16 I am still slim My friends is tall and fat I want to became a good healthy person what I have to take?
Child Aphasia is complex disorder that is caused by damage to parts of the brain that controls language and speech. This disorder affects the child's ability to express herself through words and understand the speech of other people. The severity of the problem depends on the extent of the damage as well as the location of the damage. Since this is not a birth disorder, therefore, you should be much more careful as so you notice that your kid is facing language disorder. A speech pathologist can diagnose language disorders and teach your child strategies to help.
What are the leading symptoms of aphasia in kids?
- Not understanding speech is one of the most common symptoms. Most patients cannot understand spoken or written language. Typically in these cases, the patient suffers from fluent Aphasia, which is caused by damage to the left temporal lobe of the brain. The patient's speech might seem meaningless and incoherent with lots of unnecessary words being used. The child usually becomes upset when people don't understand what he is saying.
- Patients suffering from this disorder also have trouble expressing their thoughts and understanding language and they often take more time to communicate. Only short sentences are used by these patients with words often left out, making the sentence sound incomplete. Such children suffer from non-fluent Aphasia where they understand what others are saying, but cannot communicate or speak well themselves. Their speech is almost similar to that of telegraphic languages that are usually followed by those toddlers who are just learning how to speak.
- Some children suffering from Aphasia might have trouble repeating words even though they don't have problem understanding what others are saying. These children suffer from conduction Aphasia and will be able to reproduce only parts of a sentence, if asked to repeat.
- Children affected with this disorder may see to be not listening to you or ignore you.
- Such kids might also have behavioral problems and may not be able to keep up with their friends and classmates. They will also suffer from forgetfulness.
Causes of Aphasia: The leading cause of Aphasia is brain injury, brain infection, brain tumour or abscess or bleeding in the brain.
Diagnosis of the disease: The disorder is diagnosed by a speech therapist who assesses the condition with a variety of tools to figure out the extent of damage. Its best to take your child to a paediatric speech pathologist who is an expert in treating children with brain injuries. The child will then be assessed on auditory comprehension, verbal expression, reading and writing ability and functional communication.
Treatment: There are many people who think that the speech trouble cannot be treated, but they are completely wrong. There are various ways to treat Aphasia. The younger the patient the better the chances of recovery since the brain is not that developed to handle specific functions in kids as in adults. The treatment will depend on the severity of the condition and the goal that is to be achieved. Factors behind this trouble need to be determined first otherwise the perfect treatment cannot be decided. Some of the most prominent factors are aphasia type, brain-injury cause, age, brain-lesion size and positioning and others.
Some of the leading tips that can be applied as per Association of National Stroke are as follows:
- Using props can be helpful in getting across messages.
- Speaking slowly and staying calm while speaking.
- Drawing pictures or words on paper for communication.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
Hi, I have two daughters. My younger daughter is 3 years old and she is very prone to disease. Her immune system is very weak. Always try to avoid her meals. Every month she get ill. Please suggest something for her.
Coughing is a common problem of the respiratory tract and often indicates a deeper problem. It can be very irritating and can affect eating habits and socialization. A cough which persists for more than 4 weeks is believed to be chronic in nature. Tuberculosis (TB) is the most common cause of chronic cough in India. TB is an airborne bacterial infection caused by the organism, 'Mycobacterium tuberculosis', that primarily affects the lungs, although other organs and tissues may be involved. Cardinal features are:
- Chronic cough with or without sputum.
- Fever more in the night time.
- Poor appetite.
- Unintentional weight loss.
Read on to know about other common causes of chronic cough and how to manage them.
- Allergies: People with allergies usually have a chronic cough, which gets aggravated when exposed to the allergens such as pollen or environmental dust. Staying away from allergen provides relief. Antihistamines are also useful, which most people detected with allergies keep in handy. Inhalers might be required, if there is associated congestion or shortness of breath.
- Asthma: This is a very common chronic condition, caused by inflammation and swelling of the lungs, in addition to wheezing and shortness of breath. Asthma patients often suffer from a chronic cough. An asthma attack usually happens during the night or early morning, and is triggered by colds, cigarette smoke, air pollutants or allergens, which can even include certain foods. Most asthmatics usually carry their steroids, inhalers, and bronchodilators, as the onset of attack can be unpredictable.
- Bronchitis: This condition of inflammation of the bronchial region is very common among smokers and among the elderly. There is excessive mucus accumulation, which the body tries to clear via coughing. The lungs are weakened and therefore, the coughing is painful.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): This is a problem of the digestive system, but regurgitation of food into the airway induces cough. GERD is a chronic issue and so most people also end up with a chronic cough. It is worse with sitting up than with sitting down. Treatment includes H2 blockers to suppress acid production and dietary changes including small, frequent meals and avoiding spicy food items.
- Upper airway cough syndrome: There could be multiple problems in the upper airway, which leads to a constant postnasal drip. Here, there is constant dripping of the sputum into the air passage, which can lead to a chronic cough whenever there is impaired air flow. This can be caused by various forms of chronic sinusitis and rhinitis. People diagnosed with this condition usually resort to antihistamines and decongestants for relief.
- Other causes: There are a number of other causes as noted below. Smoking, tuberculosis, congestive heart failure, pertussis or whooping cough, foreign body in the airway, cancer in the airway passage, chronic aspiration of foods, etc. can all lead to chronic cough.
The key is to identify the reason that is causing the chronic cough. Most people who are diagnosed are educated to handle it and carry the required medications including steroids, bronchodilators, and inhalers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.