Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Asim ThambheYour feedback matters!
Which is more better treatment for urethral stricture, Surgery or Uttarabasti in Ayurveda My age is 22.
Hi, after having sex last night I felt problem in urination (like burning of urine) I was very distressed can know what causes this problem? Also suggest some home remedy to cure the problem.
Spasmodic pain around the navel from last 24 hrs case of renal stone, gripping pain not relieved even after taking medications like urispas, dicliophinac ( voveron SR).PLese do help
Mai jab urine pass karta hoon to seat mein jab urine girta hai to usme jhaag si ban jati hai.Please tell sir .
I am 31 years male. I urinate properly but at end of urinating when I apply some pressure some urine come out. H/O multiple sclerosis since 2009. My stream is also gud.
I am diagnosed with uti infection, I have taken cefixime as prescribed by my gone for 5 days. But results after 5 days again showed increased puss cells to 120wbc/hcf. Now my gynae advised ceftum 500 mg for 5 days then repeat test. What is the cure for this problem. Can I drink packed cranberry juice? please guide me.
When we talk about health, the kidneys are rarely spoken of. These unsung heroes are responsible for filtering waste out of our bodies and ensuring that only clean blood flows through our system. The kidneys are a pair of small, bean-shaped organs located at the back of the abdomen. Along with removing waste from the blood, the kidneys also balance electrolytes and control the fluid balance in the body. Thus, keeping the kidneys healthy is as important as keeping the heart and lungs healthy.
Kidney stones are the most common condition that can affect these organs. Other conditions that can affect the kidneys include inflammation of the kidneys, renal failure, nephrotic syndrome and cysts. Thankfully, keeping the kidneys healthy is easy. Here are a few things you can do to improve the health of your kidneys.
- Drink plenty of water: Keeping your body hydrated is crucial to kidney health. Ideally, a person should drink a minimum of 8-10 glasses of water a day. Water helps control the production of aldosterone- a hormone that regulates blood pressure- by the adrenal glands and helps the kidneys retain enough water and sodium to balance blood volume levels. If the kidneys do not get enough water, the adrenal glands are stressed into increasing blood pressure levels.
- Limit consumption of caffeine: We drink caffeine in many ways- sodas, coffee, tea etc. While caffeine may act as a stimulant and keep you focused on what you are doing in the short run, in the long run, it dehydrates the body. Dehydration can also lead to the formation of kidney stones. Hence reduce your caffeine intake and instead drink more water and fresh juices.
- Quit smoking: Smoking not only affects the lungs but also damages blood vessels thus decreasing blood flow to the kidneys thus preventing the optimal functioning of the kidneys. Smoking can also increase one’s risk of suffering from renal cancer.
- Get regular exercise: Exercise benefits all parts of your body including the kidneys. Regular exercise reduces blood pressure and helps keep the blood moving. This can help prevent kidney diseases and a number of other conditions. Ideally, aim for half an hours exercise a day at the least.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables: Fruits like grapes, apples and blueberries and vegetables like spinach, beets, garlic and red bell peppers help improve kidney functioning. Women should also include oestrogen boosting foods like chickpeas, fennel, tomatoes, cherries and carrots in their diet to protect themselves against kidney damage and fibrosis. Foods that are low in gluten, sugar and soy also help reduce the risk of kidney inflammation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.