Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Asif BojaniYour feedback matters!
Am 35 . I have undergone thru test whr they did the LIPID Profile in my report cholesterol is 266. Triglycerides is 285 Cholesterol HDL is 47 Direct LDL CHOLESTEROL is 169 Am being advised to meet cardiologist Am I not fit what needs to be done. In addition to am over weight (90 kg) Pls advice what need to be done.
I am 50 years old today in office in evening I have eaten samosa and taken tea ,after 10 min chest pain started when I go to the hospital doctors said nerve is blocked .stent has been taken .i have to that stent is good or not .
Sir I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain. Whenever cough hard Can you suggested what should be done.
I AM 40 YEARS OLD. MY WEIGHT NEAR 100 KGS. HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. COME anxiety IN EVERY TIME. PLEASE SUGGEST ME HOW I RELIEF THIS PROBLEMS?
I want to know about symptoms of dengue swine flue and low blood pressure. Also tell me about precautions taken against dengue and swine flue.
I am 48 years of age. I am on regular medicine like Thyronorm 125 once daily. Rosuvastatin and Fenofibrate (5mg 160mg) for cholesterol once daily and Telmisartan 20 mg again once daily. I consult Dr. on regular basis once in 3 months. But sir, in between I feel like I am loosing my balance just for mili second and than ok. This continuous for whole day and it happens only when I stand. Its not when I sit or sleep.
Sir I am 22 years old and I am a chain smoker from last 3 years. But I have some problem in my heart that is it beats very fast i.e.90-95/min .i feel sometimes pain and sometimes difficulty in taking oxygen ?sir please help me? Some times I also got vibrations in full body .please please sir answer me?
I had an angiogram seven months ago I had one 50% blockage doctor said no need of standing it can be manage by medicines exercise. And I am diabetic since 14 years I am 36 years now and I used to smoke heavily. I have quit smoking since 7 months but I have put on 15 KGS till now since my angiogram. Is it because I quit smoking.
Cholesterol is a vital component, which helps the body to make healthy cells. This wax like component is found in the lipid of the blood. An increased cholesterol count elevates the risk of heart diseases in a person. It thickens the vessels of the arteries resulting in less oxygen flow in the heart. This, in turn, increases the chances of a stroke. High cholesterol can happen from lifestyle habits and inheritance. It is completely treatable and preventable.
What causes high cholesterol?
The blood carries the cholesterol which is attached to the proteins. The combination of cholesterol and protein is known as the lipoprotein. Primarily there are two different kinds of cholesterol that the lipoprotein carries:
- Low-density lipoprotein: LDL is the bad guy that carries all kinds of cholesterol present in the body. It eventually rests on the walls of the arteries, making it narrow and hard.
- High-density lipoprotein: This is the good guy which scans the excess cholesterol and take them back to the liver.
Ideally, the body should have low LDL and high HDL. But often the reverse happens, resulting in high cholesterol and cardiac diseases. Factors such as unhealthy diet, inactivity for most of the day and obesity is responsible for the same. Even the genetic set up can play a hand in a high count of LDL in the body. There is nothing that can be done in this case except to seek medical help.
6 factors that put you at risk:
- Poor diet: Cholesterol levels are dramatically increased when baked products and saturated fats are consumed in an excess amount. Other high cholesterol food products include dairy products, processed fats and red meat. Refraining from this food items will drastically reduce the chances of getting high cholesterol in the body.
- Obesity: Obesity results from too much of fat storage in the body. It not only fatigues a person faster, but puts a person at high risk of getting cholesterol. The body mass index should be always lesser than 30 to abstain the risk of cholesterol.
- Waist circumference: A waist circumference of more than 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women can increase the risk of cholesterol.
- Diabetes: This is one of the major causes of high cholesterol. It not only damages the artery lining, but results in higher LDL and lower HDL.
- Less workout: Leading a life which is devoid of exercise and jogging can increase the chances of getting high cholesterol. Exercise boost HDL count in the body and mitigates the risk of low HDL.
- Smoking: The blood vessel walls get damaged with smoking. The blood vessels start accumulating fatty acids thereby increasing the chances of getting high cholesterol.
I have problem of fatty liver. My ldl cholesterol is slightly more than normal level. Should I take any medicine or control it by restricted diet.
I am getting pain in between chest at evening timings from last week days is any thing to fear please advice me.
Hello, My mother's age is 53 years and she has a BP what should do for BP control and weight loss? please advise.
Sir my age is 29. My blood group is b positive. My fasting sugar level is 106. I am suffering from palpitation last 4 months I have consulted to cardiology dept rml Delhi. ECG and echo report are normal please suggest me what can I do.
A - arm weakness. When the patient is unable to raise or lower the limb at will
S - speech slurring ; if words are mumbled or partially pronounced'them it is
T - time to call an ambulance ; the 3 to 4 golden hours from the time the stroke occurs are precious.