Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AshwiroraYour feedback matters!
M suffering from some kind of skin infection in my hands. Near nails it gets yellowish and it swells like some kind of bleeding.
Dear Dr, I have hair fall nearly 2 years from my college days, I want to control and want my hairs back ,what medicines (tablets, oil,shampoo) I want to take and what type of food I need to take? L kindly reply me. I need my hairs back.
I am ragesh 24 years old, I have dandruff on my head and my hairs start falling, please give me better solution for recover from this.
My skin was becoming and tried all the fairness creams and face wash but no effect so please give me tip to became fair.
I am feeling itching in my opening. After cleaning with hot water also it remains same. I am not pregnant.
I have used many beauty creams to lighten my skin, as a result applied area has became darker and other area is white. Suggest me a remedy to make my total face to get my original colour.
I was facing more hair fall. What are the precautionary steps can be taken to reduce hair fall or to control hair fall? What are the medicines can be taken for this?
Dry skin refers to the lack of moisture within the skin, specifically within the layer known as epidermis. Dry skin is a fairly common condition resulting in the flaking of skin. The abnormal lack of moisture in skin can be caused by several influencing factors.
The loss of moisture:
Dry skin may be mild, where it may last for a few days to severe, where it lasts for prolonged periods of time. This tends to become increasingly common with age. Although normally having a dry skin is a common skin type, abnormally low moisture content in the skin might become a serious and chronic condition leading to many problems.
Causes of dry skin
1. Dry skin might be caused by winter weather or dry and harsh climatic conditions
2. Bathing or washing skin frequently with rough soap,
3. Severe deficiency of vitamin A
4. Using hot water for showers for prolonged periods of time
5. Individuals with eczema are more prone to dry skin and may lead to several bacterial infections as well
6. Underlying physical disorders such as hypothyroidism and diabetes may also be contributing factors.
7. Medication for lowering lood pressure, cholesterol and to remove acne may also lead to the dryness of skin.
The symptoms of dry skin include
1. Itchiness and discomfort
2. Tightness of skin
3. Continuous scratching
4. Appearance of white lines on scratching
5. Extremely dry skin may result in the cracking or breaking of skin causing pain and discomfort
6. Skin that easily bruises with minor abrasions
Dryness of skin is very common and can be treated easily. However, extreme dryness can lead to severe discomfort of the skin and cause infections and skin diseases. Visiting a dermatologist is always preferred in such cases.
1. Certain preventive steps you can take to prevent the occurrence of dry skin along with some treatment options are mentioned here.
2. Temporary dry skin may be treated with the use of lotion. Frequent moisturizing also helps.
3. It is also advisable to drink a lot of water and avoid soaps that suck moisture out of your skin.
4. You should also try and increase the intake of food rich in Vitamin A. Carrots, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, celery, are good examples of such food.
5. Natural oils may also be used to temporarily remove the dryness in skin. Regular massages and frequent application of moisturizing agents always helps.
6. You should also switch to bathing in cool or lukewarm water.
If the problem seems to persist, consult a dermatologist for further consultation. Special medicated lotions are often prescribed to deal with dry skin. Anti-itching lotions may also be prescribed by dermatologists along with certain oral medications for rare cases.
I am 26 years old female, skin of my fingers around the nails is too dark, give some home remedial treatment for this.
Lybrate | Dr. Remya Raj speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY