Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini Satyen NabarYour feedback matters!
Intrauterine devices or IUD are T shaped contraceptive devices. These contain levonorgestrel or copper and are inserted into the uterus. IUDs are considered to be one of the most effective birth control measures and also they are reversible (meaning it can be removed whenever a need arises). The copper IUd has a failure rate of 0.8%, while the levonorgestrel IUD has only had 0.2% failures till now. As per a report in 2007, IUDs are used by more than 180 million users all over the world.
What you should know about Intrauterine devices:
- Types of IUDs: There are 2 types of IUDs Copper and Hormone: Copper IUD is considered to be the conventional form of the contraceptive. It is T shaped with strings and is inserted into the uterus by a doctor. It can remain in the body for three to five years. Minera is a known brand of the hormone IUD. It contains low dose of hormone progestin and releases the same when inserted in the uterus. This is also T shaped and has strings. This can be left for three years.
- Pelvic infections are not caused by IUDs: There is a belief that IUDs cause pelvic infection but this is not true. The strings of the new IUDs are very thin and they do not cause any pelvic infection even if a person is suffering from a sexually transmitted infection (STI). Though there might be a slight risk of infection when the IUD is inserted and in the first 20 days, but that also dissolves soon.
- IUD can be used at any age: Earlier IUDs were not recommended for women who had never got pregnant. However, now anyone can use these irrespective of being pregnant or not. It is very safe for all age groups from teenagers to women involved in active sex to women post menopause.
- IUD is as effective as getting a tubal ligation: It is believed that Minera is 99.4% effective while sterilization (tubal ligation) is 99% effective in preventing a pregnancy. Ligation is considered to be a permanent birth control solution, while IUDs can be reversed.
- IUDs do not cause infertility: It was believed that a STI would creep into the pelvis through the string of the IUD and cause infertility but this is not so. Though a STI can cause infertility but the IUD has no role in the same and does not contribute or worsen the infection.
- Hormonal IUD have less side effects than birth control pills: Breast tenderness, acne, and bleeding for a short time may persist for the initial 3-4 months in case of hormonal IUDs. The copper IUD lead to cramping and heavy flow during menstruation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
My gf does not have any sexual feelings at all. She do not get excited even though I hug and kiss her. Her periods are also irregular. please tell me what to do.
I am around 40 weeks pregnant, and have no sign of labour pains, and should I go for artificially induced pains or should wait?
I had torch test for IgG IgM. In results. Rubella - IgG serum by CMIA is reactive (89.9) CMV cytomegalovirus - IgG serum by CMIA reactive (187.3) toxoplasm igG serum by CMIA & RUBELLA IgG serum by CMIA & CMV CYTOMEGALOVIRUS igM serum by CMIA &toxoplasm-IgM serum by CMIa & HSV 1+2IgM herpes simplex virus serum. Are NON REACTIVE HSV 1+2IgM herpes simplex virus is reactive (3.28). Wht should I do. Is it curable. When should I prepare for my pregnancy. Can I conceive in future or not? please answer.
Hello doctor, I am 28 years old lady. Me and my husband planning for kids from 5 months. We are married from 4 years. I am suffering from thyroid from past 2 years and taking 150 mcg dose with the consultation of doctor. My husband suffering from diabetes from 1 year he is also using tablets. I am worried about my conceiving as thyroid will definitely affect. Give me some tips or healthy habits or diet which can improve my ability to conceive. Thank you.
What are the most important medical screening tests for women and at what age should they have them?
Hi. I had sex with my girlfriend a week ago and she has been complaining about burning sensation in her vagina since then. I entered her and I thrusted her for 30 mins non-stop. And then she started saying that it was hurting. I stopped and tried to see what was wrong and saw that there was blood. I don't think it was the hymen that broke. Because there was no blood coming out. It just looked like something tore with a visible patch of blood. She says that I'm her first. And its the first time we had sex. She hasn't been able to sit or walk properly since then. What do I do?
Hi am 26 old male from Delhi, mt question is one week back I had sex with prostitute and while having sex the condom got tore nd I immediately taken out penis from vagina, but am getting fear that I may get effected with any sexually transmitted diseases or HIV ,I request you to advise me proper precautions or suggestions so dat I may not get effected with the diseases.
Hi madam/sir, I have been through 2nd c section in Dec 2015. My problem is when I sleep in da night and after few hours wen I get up for bathroom, I feel like stretching myself wen I do so I could feel some muscle movements at incision. I could feel something heavy around incision. This started after 1 month. Why is it happening.
Hi Sir, My wife is 21 week pregnant today she is having pain in her stomach and having problem of low level placenta please suggest what to do and what precautions to be taken?
What are the chances of transmitting STDs while having anal sex and oral sex? Can these be done without using a condom?
I slept with someone on 19 November with less than 2 mins of foreplay we realized and changed the mood but she won't get menses actually her cycle ended on 16 november. In pregnancy test it shows negative. But I'm still afraid of getting pregnancy?
Menopause is the time in a woman’s life at which she cannot procreate anymore. Side effects of pre-menopause, menopause and post menopause, shift incredibly from woman to woman. Nonetheless, normal side effects of menopause incorporate:
- Hot flashes
- Changes in eating habits
- Vaginal dryness and itching
The majority of the side effects connected with menopause really occur during the pre-menopause stage. A few women experience menopause with no complications or disagreeable symptoms. However, others find menopausal side effects crippling and they usually happen during pre-menopause and go on for quite a long time. The symptoms that women experience are basically identified with decreased levels of the female sex hormones estrogen and progesterone. Side effects change generally due to the many impacts that these hormones have on the female body.
Your period may not be as regularly as it used to be. You may bleed heavier or lighter than usual, and at times experience spotting. Additionally, your period might be shorter or longer in time length. In case that you do miss your period, try to rule out pregnancy. In case you are not pregnant, a missed period could show the beginning of menopause. In case you start spotting after not having your period for twelve continuous months, try to converse with your specialist to discount any genuine conditions, for example, cancer.
Symptoms of untimely menopause are frequently the same as those seen by women experiencing common menopause and may include:
- Unpredictable or missed periods
- Periods that are heavier or lighter than normal
- Hot flashes (a sudden warmth that spreads over the abdominal area)
- These symptoms are an indication that the ovaries are delivering less estrogen.
- Vaginal dryness (the vagina may likewise get to be distinctly more dry and less adaptable)
- Bladder fractiousness and increased of loss of bladder control (incontinence)
- Emotional changes (crabbiness, mood swings, mellow stress)
- Dry skin, eyes, or mouth
- Diminished sex drive
Keeping in mind the symptoms recorded above, in case that you are less than forty years old and experience any of the accompanying conditions, you need to see your specialist to figure out if you are experiencing untimely menopause:
- You have experienced chemotherapy or radiation
- You or a relative has an immune system issue, for example, hypothyroidism, Graves' infection, or lupus
- You have unsuccessfully attempted to wind up distinctly pregnant for over a year
- Your mom or sister experienced untimely menopause
To analyze untimely menopause, your specialist will in all likelihood carry out a physical exam and extract blood to diagnose different conditions, for example, pregnancy and thyroid illness. He or she may likewise arrange a test to quantify your estradiol levels. Low levels of estradiol, a type of estrogen, can demonstrate that your ovaries are beginning to fall flat. At the point when estradiol levels are beneath thirty, it might show that you have early menopause.
Benefits of foods by colour
Did you know that foods can be divided into categories based on their colours and each category has a collective set of health benefits? this not only makes foods interesting, but also helps remember which food is good for which health aspect.
Foods are broadly divided into six categories based on their colors.
- White - these foods assist in immune support. Garlic, onions, white beans, potatoes, mushrooms and cauliflower fall under this category. While garlic & onions help reduce the risk of cancer in stomach, colon & rectum, white beans & potatoes help lower blood cholesterol levels. Mushrooms are known to provide the important nutrients and cauliflower contains antioxidants & is also beneficial for women who are pregnant.
- Green -these foods assist in detoxification. Peas, spinach, green beans, capsicums, kiwi, and green tea are some green foods that we can consume. They are good for your health, provide the required nutrients and also assist in detox.
- Yellow - these foods assist in beauty. Banana, yellow capsicum, squash, corn and bananas are some of the yellow foods that we eat. They are full of carotenoids and bioflavonoids which all help maintain our skin, bone and teeth health.
- Orange - these foods assist in cancer prevention. Carrots, oranges, etc are some orange foods that we eat. They are good for the heart, protect our eyes and also boost our immune system.
- Red - these foods support better heart health. They are packed with antioxidants and vitamins. Red chillies, red capsicum, cherries and tomatoes, apples, etc are some red foods that we eat.
- Purple - these foods assist in longevity. Few purple foods that we eat are onions, blackberries, grapes, etc. They fight ulcer, help kill cancer, prevent urinary tract infection and are good for the heart & the liver.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.