Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini Satyen NabarYour feedback matters!
he chemical messengers of your body, hormones, travel to each organ through your bloodstream and regulate vital processes, such as metabolism and reproduction.
The most commonly fluctuating hormones of your body are estrogen, progesterone and testosterone (sex hormones), thyroid (metabolism hormone), adrenaline (energy hormone), cortisol (stress hormone) and melatonin (sleep hormone).
Women experience greater hormonal changes than men. While both boys and girls go through puberty, women experience several additional defining stages throughout their lives – menstruation, pregnancy, postpartum, premenopause and, finally, menopause.
All these greatly change a woman’s body and cause her hormones to fluctuate. Being vital to key processes in the body, hormonal fluctuations significantly affect her overall mental and physical well-being.
Whenever we hear the phrase “hormonal imbalance”, our mind instantly procures an image of a flustered, hyperactive woman. This is a sad state of affairs as it reflects the negativity and insensitivity associated with this condition.
Hi, I have pain in my breasts from last two months. I have two daughters and a son. I am 33 years old. My first child is aged of 9 years and last one is 2 years old.
Hi Doctor, I just had a few seconds of unprotected sex on 14th day of my menstrual cycle. Then, we used a condom. I had taken Ipill within 15 hours. My next due date is 20th may. I have regular periods of 28-30 days cycle I did not experience any bleeding after taking Ipill. Today it's 2 weeks since I took Ipill. However, I am getting very light yellow discharge whenever I have an urge to urinate. What does this indicate? Is there anything to be worried about?
Infertility refers to being able to get pregnant after one year of trying. Women who can get pregnant but are unable to stay pregnant are also termed as infertile. Ovulatory disorders are one of the most common reasons why women are unable to conceive and is presen in 30% of women suffering from infertility.
- Hormonal problems: Ovulation is linked with a complex balance of hormones and any disruption in the process can hinder ovulation. The disruption includes the fact that the ovaries are not producing normal follicles in which the eggs can mature. Ovulation is rare if the eggs are immature and there are no chances of fertilization. Polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common disorder responsible for infertility. Malfunction of the hypothalamus leading to failure in triggering hormonal stimulus to ovaries for egg maturation leading to immature eggs and ovarian failure. Malfunction of the pituitary gland leading to imbalance in hormonal secretion thus causing disturbance in ovulation. This can occur due to physical injury, a tumour or a chemical imbalance in the pituitary.
- Scarred ovaries: Ovulation failure can also be due to a physical damage to the ovaries. Invasive surgeries involving ovarian cysts leads to damaging or scarring of capsule of the ovary to become due to which follicles cannot mature leading to disruption of ovulation.
- Premature menopause: Early menopause or premature menopause before the normal age means that the natural supply of eggs has been depleted. This is most common in extremely athletic women with a history of low body weight and extensive exercise.
- Follicle problems: Infertility is also caused due to non-ruptured follicle syndrome in which women who produce a normal follicle, with an egg inside of it, every month but the follicle fails to rupture. This leads to disruption of ovulation as the egg remains inside the ovary.
- Others: Treating female infertility by chemotherapy is next to premature ovarian failure by loss of primordial follicles. Sexually transmitted infections are a leading cause of infertility. Tobacco smoking is detrimental to the ovaries and the amount of damage is dependent upon the amount and length of time of exposure of smoke in the environment. Nicotine in cigarettes interfere with the body’s ability to create oestrogen, a hormone that regulates ovulation. In addition, blocked fallopian tubes due to pelvic inflammatory disease or surgery for an ectopic pregnancy also causes infertility. Infertility can also be due to physical problems with the uterus or fibroids of uterus where non-cancerous clumps of tissue and muscle on the walls of the uterus.
Hello i am married since last 6 months my wife periods usually starts from 28th -29th of every month but last month's april it was due till 6th of may after two days of her missed periods we had a i can pregnancy test kit in it was 2 alphabet c&t up &down only c was a sign of negative but both c&t it was positive it resulted positive but on t it was light red colour line & on c it was fully dark red we called our family doctor she said just wait fr more 2-3days nd then again make a test & also advised of not having sex but after 6days of missed periods her period started but frankly in between that we had a sex. Please reply m confused.
My age is 42 I m suffering from endometrios my period started on 31 march n got stopped on 7 but little spotting was there o till 11 then stopped but from today flow started what i am supposed to do my doctor adviced me to take trenaxa mf please suggest
Hi doctor in trying to conceive this month, my last day of the period was on 10.3. 16. We had intercourse 4 times on every alternative day, I'm getting stomach pain from last 3 days. Is it related to pregnancy. Should we continue intercourse.
I am ovarian cancer patient. I completed of the treatment procedure viz; surgery and chemotherapy. In surgery my ovaries, uterus, and tubes are removed. My surgery was done in 27 April 2015 and chemotherapy was completed in September 2015. Now I am totally ok and I keep check of my CA125. My CA125 is now 5 point. But the problem is my weight it is increasing day by day. I joined gym class but it also doesn't work. During gym weight is continuously increased. please help so that I could loss my weight. Suggest some diet for me. Now my weight is 75 kg and my height is 5 ft and my age is 26. please plz help my. please suggest some low budget diet because I am belongs to a lower middle class family. I can't go for this costly diet. please help me I want to loss weight so I can live a fit and healthy life. Eagerly waiting for your valuable reply. Thanks.
Doc Cousin have miscarriage N first time me bahut bleeding hui, Fir ab period date ane me 7-8 weeks lage n abi firse heavy bleeding ho rai hai continuously 5 din se ho rahi hai Thick blood. Pain bhi bahut hai puri body mein N weekness aa gai hai To kya karna chahiye Medication ya koi suggestion please Jisse complete clean ho jaye andar se Ya kuch bleeding k lye Aur kab tak ese hoga Normal periods kab honge?
the time her last period time is November 2015. Surgery ke phle 4 chemotherapy hue and after surgery 4 chemotherapy. Surgery ke phle third chemotherapy tak period aaye the but abhi 2 month se jyada ho gye hain chemotherapy khatm hue but period nhi aaya hai. She has bone cancer in left distal femur (osteosarcoma).
I am 23 age of female and got married last November. I am trying to get Baby still not worked. And I get consultation with Sid ha doctor, they said my body very heat and I want to reduce that and given some medicines to reduce. Last 6 months I taking that medicines but still not worked any thing. Is there any problem in my body Also getting my periods on regularly. Kindly advice.
Paleo diet is one of those diets which have been gaining widespread popularity in the recent times. It has been touted by its supporters as the natural diet for human beings and also the diet that our ancestors used to consume. There is a lot of debate on its efficacy and it has its own set of advantages and disadvantages alike.
What exactly is a paleo diet?
The Paleo diet gets its name from the Paleolithic period of human civilization, thousands of years ago, where the availability and choices of food were varied and limited according to seasons. Most foods included lean meat, fruits, nuts, vegetables and were very different from the fast food, high sugar and saturated fat-based diet that humans are having now. This diet aims to go back to the basics to correct nutritional deficiencies as well as to try out to correct excesses of the modern diet.
Advantages of Paleo diet
- Huge decrease in consumption of processed sugar
- Normalization of blood pressure levels
- Decreases in the level of bad cholesterol in the blood
- Balance of protein intake due to limited and lean meat consumption
- Increase in the consumption of vegetables and natural foods with less processed chemicals
- Optimization of insulin within the body
Disadvantages of Paleo diet
- Far too restrictive - Many believe that although it is a good diet, it loses out on the balance and becomes too restrictive with certain food groups being cut out completely, which may cause imbalances.
- Excess of protein - Although Paleo diet cuts down on unhealthy fats, some of its ingredients may cause the consumption of too much protein which may not be good for health either.
- Lacks of carbohydrates - Some believe that Paleo diet lacks carbohydrates and may not be a good source of energy. When working throughout the day, carbs provide energy but a low carb diet may cause energy-related problems.
Sir my GF is 18 yr old and we had unprotected sex on 29th and his period came on 2nd as usual but from next month it came at 7th and 12th of next month but in next 3rd month her periods not came upto 25th is it normal or any problem?
During periods I get too much of stomach pain and back pain. Is there any treatment for this problem.
As sweet potatoes are rich in fiber and have a low glycemic index, hence are a good source food in diabetics. Cooking methods preferred are by roasting with skin intact or sauteing in oil, as fats also delay carbohydrate absorption. Boiled or mashed sweet potatoes are not recommended as the digestion is faster.
Sweet potatoes are also good post work out snacking option. Sweet potatoes with skin are a good source of fiber and complex carbohydrates. The carbohydrates are are a great source to replenish your glycogen stores after an intense bout of exercise.
A couple becomes a family when they become parents. And, a lot of people want to enjoy the experience being parents. But sometimes, sexual problems can lead to bigger problems, like infertility.
The state of childlessness can be the result of sexual problems. Sometimes couples who go for fertility treatments do not realise that previously existing sexual dysfunctions can be the cause of infertility. Before spending a lot of time on expansive and expensive treatments, it is important to discern if the couple are having problems with their sex lives, with special preference to frequency and timing of coitus.
Two further categories of sexual dysfunctions need to be considered. One is premature ejaculation (PE) in which, the semen is ejected soon after sexual activity and with minimal penile stimulation. The second point is to consider whether the sperm is being introduced to the vagina. This is a personal examination of the couple’s method of having sex.
Sexual problems related to infertility in men are loss of desire, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and retarded ejaculation and in women are loss of desire, vaginismus, dyspareunia and anorgasmia. All these dysfunctions can be solved with the help of an expert. Thus, it is important to go for thorough consultation before going for fertility treatments.
Adequate sexual function can contribute to the success of fertility treatments, but at the same time it also leads to much stress and discord among couples as the pressure of procreation might get too much. This can have harmful repercussions, affecting the entire fertility treatment. The pressure of planned sex, to perform on demand and anxiety also harms fertility.
Talking about sex and focusing on your relationship as a couple helps in the long run.