Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini Kumar MehtaYour feedback matters!
I feel a small lump on front side of throat inside. It does not hurt but I feel it. Should I consult ENT specialist or gastroentrologist.
Whenever we get cold and throat problems should we at once take antibiotics or should we take natural things at priority first and antibiotics at last and should we try our best to get out of cold and infections the natural way only.
Dizziness is usually described as variety of sensations, which comprise of a feeling of faintness, unsteady, weak, light headed, giddy or woozy. When dizziness causes a false feeling of spinning and the moving surroundings is known as vertigo.
Dizziness can be one of the most common reasons for a visit to the doctor. However, constant feeling of dizziness can affect a person's life drastically, but it is rarely life threatening. The treatment of dizzy sensation and dizziness mostly depends on the symptoms.
Causes of Dizziness
The common causes of dizziness are medication, motion sickness and ear problems, especially disturbances of the inner ear. An injury, infection or poor blood circulation can also lead to dizziness. The triggers of dizziness and the sensations it provides are used to evaluate the cause. Also, the duration of the dizziness and the symptoms lead to a clue towards the cause of the same.
Dizziness Caused by the Inner Ear Problems
The balance of the body depends on the combined effort of many parts of the sensory system. These are:
- Sensory Nerves: These send messages to the brain in regard to the body positions and its movements
- Inner Ear: The inner ear has the organ of corti which are responsible for detecting the motions and thereby help in the balance of the body.
In vertigo a person might feel that the things around them are moving, thus creating a swaying or a spinning motion. Vertigo is usually caused by the problems of the inner ear.
The common causes are:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), this happens when the calcium particles accumulate in the inner ear canals. The inner ear is responsible for the body movements and balance.
- Meniere's disease, a problem of the inner ear mainly caused by the build up of the fluids, thereby leading to a change in pressure. This causes vertigo along with hearing loss and tinnitus.
- Vestibular neuritis is the problem of the inner ear and is largely due to infection. Infection leads to swelling of the nerves of the inner ear which affect the body movements.
Treatment of Vertigo Includes:
- Rehabilitation of the vestibular system by physical therapy in order to strengthen it.
- Canalith repositioning by suggesting some body and head movements basically for BPPV. These movements help to move the calcium deposits from the inner ear canals to one of the chambers, which are further absorbed by the body. When the canaliths (calcium deposits) move, it might give rise to vertigo.
- Medicines are given to relieve symptoms of motion sickness and nausea. Antibiotics can be taken in case of infection and swelling.
- Surgery in some cases.
I having pain & swelling in my left ear due to earing & due to this there is pain in my head so I can use medicine&ofloxacin.
I am a 20 ear old guy. I have stomach ache since past few weeks. I don't understand the problem whether its a cramp or acidity. Please help me out.
Yesterday I got drunk and then after 5 hours I vomit at least 5 times For the first time I vomit I was feeling good but then after I had a feeling that something has stuck in my throat Because of Feeling of something stuck in my throat I vomit for next 4 times I had gargle with hot water but nothing happened I had not eaten since yesterday night and now I am feeling very hungry but I can't eat because throat is paining I can feel the swollen part in my throat My friends take a look and they said it is swollen very much and yellow in color What should I do.
I am 23 year old guy. I have infection in my left ear since last 10 years. Due to that I can not hear properly. I have also taken homeopathic medicines forapprox 3.5 years. I helps in my hearing but still can not listen properly. What should I do?
Hi I have cough from 2 days now little bit cured I hope so but my throat is paining what do I do for immediate cureing.
I am 21 year old. I am having throat pain since three days. Please suggest any precautions for this pain. Thank you.
I'm suffering from throat burning sensation for past months, whenever I consume spicy food I feel a burning sensation in my throat when consulted a doctor he said it was acidity issues have your meals regularly with our skipping in time. I followed his instruction and even after the medication taken there is no change. What could be other possibilities?
I have a problem of nose allergy every time I will get cold and sneezing I take a lot of medicine but it did not cure.
Hello doctor I am having problem from last few time. I get quick throat infection and cold you can say at frequent time.
Hi I am a 34 year old man and having vertigo problem from last two three years suggest me what I do.
Both left and right ear'Tone burst eroke' they advised to take hearing machine but its also not using for me please tell me the treatment.
Hello Mam Good evening Mam mere gale me last 3.mahene se khraas ho rahi hai aur ab saans lene me dokkat ho rahi hai Kabhi 2 to right gaal aur gale me dard rahta hai jo kabhi kaan ke pass bhi chala jata hai aur balgam bhi pani jesa aaraha hai o bhi bahut kam Meri age 36 year hai Pls help me.
Tonsils are the two oval-shaped tissue pads at the back of your throat, which function as a mechanism to protect you from diseases. Any infection of the tonsils is referred to as ‘tonsillitis’.
You can suffer from tonsillitis at any age, but it is more commonly diagnosed in children. Tonsillitis is highly contagious.
There are two types of tonsillitis:
- Chronic tonsillitis— Longer episodes of acute tonsillitis
- Recurrent tonsillitis— Recurrent episodes of tonsillitis in a year
Tonsillitis can cause viral and bacterial infections. The ‘Streptococcus (strep) bacteria’ is a common cause. Some other causes include:
- Influenza virus
- Epstein-Barr virus
- Parainfluenza virus
- Herpes simplex virus
Since tonsillitis has various causes, symptoms too tend to differ. Some symptoms include:
- An extremely sore throat
- Painful or difficult swallowing
- Scratchy-sounding voice
- Bad breath
- Stomach aches
- Stiff neck
- Neck and jaw tenderness due to inflamed lymph nodes
- Tonsils that become swollen and red in colour
- Yellow or white spots on the tonsils
In children, symptoms such as excessive drooling, increased irritability or poor appetite are usually noticeable.
If the tonsillitis is mild, especially caused by a virus, it usually doesn’t require any treatment. More critical cases of tonsillitis might require treatments such as tonsillectomy (a surgical process used to remove the tonsils) or administration of antibiotics.
Penicillin is the most commonly administered antibiotic. Once commonly performed, tonsillectomy (surgical removal of tonsils) is now reserved for extremely critical cases.