Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AshwiniYour feedback matters!
Yeast infections are caused due to the overgrowth of yeast, which is a fungus. This type of infection is also called as candidiasis. Most women in the world are likely to get infected with vaginal or vulvo-vaginal candidiasis at least once in their lifetime. The most common causative organism of this disease is Candida albicans. The other Candida species that might cause these are C. glabrata, C. parapsilosis, C. tropicalis, and C. krusei.
Sometimes, it becomes chronic and may appear 4-5 times in a year.
Other types of yeast infections
Yeast infections can be caused in other parts of the body as well. When yeast infections occur in the mouth, it is called thrush or oropharyngeal candidiasis. Yeast infections are mostly found in moist, warm areas such as armpits, genital area etc. This type is called cutaneous candidiasis. Most candida infections are not very harmful. However, if they reach the blood stream, it can result in fatality. This is called invasive candidiasis and can happen by inserting an infected catheter, etc.
What causes candidiasis?
Candidiasis is caused when the natural flora of the area is thrown off balance. The most common causes of candidiasis are:
- Diseases such as HIV which suppress immunity
- Antibiotics, steroids and birth control pills
- Vaginal douching
- Using perfumed products such as soap and bubble baths
- Wearing tight clothing such as synthetic underwear and spandex that do not allow your genitals to breathe
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 25 weeks pregnant with twins. I am having sharp and constant pain in my upper abdomen just below the breasts. It is on left side and almost constant from last two days. What can be reason behind it and what I am supposed to do. please guide.
After sex my vagina starts itching and I can fell mild pain, me and my husband had sex constantly for 4-5 days before this pain he used condoms most of times, he is fine in his private parts only I am the only with itching.
Drinking even the best filtered unboiled water is harmful for you in several ways:
1. Science led evidences in ayurveda explain the cause mechanism effects of drinking unboiled water.
2. Slows down metaboilsm, impairs circulation, paves for indigestion, infections and inflammatory disorders.
4. Increases the chances of metabolic syndrome and even heart attack in susceptible persons.
5. Ayurveda advocates specific science led evidence based medicated water (medicines vary according to pathogenesis) to be used by an individual to maintain health as well as to reverse disease, which when followed will tremendously reverse morbidity.
Do discharge of water in early pregnancy is a good or bad. I'm 20 days pregnant .I'm getting vagina wet and discharge of water .is this good or bad.
Im 22 year old girl. M a virgin. Does washing the labia minora with wash daily will darken the minora or cause any harm? Is it necessary to clean minora?
Hi sir, my mother is suffering from some uterus problems . After some days later she fall ill and cure . The next day she feels tumors like something in her stomach and their is pain in her stomach where there are tumors please doctor suggest me what should I do!
Remedies or medicines to overcome irregular periods? Any medicines or remedies that would periods for 16 years old girl to get periods regularly every month?
Hello Sir, Meri wedding Ko almost 1 year ho gaya hai, But during this we had safe physical relation, Now we want a child, recently humne 2-3 bar relation banaye hai but didn't get positive response, Please tell me the best time to make physical relation, and make her pregnant.
My girlfriend give me a blowjob. She swallowed my cum. Will it leads to pregnancy? Pls give me clear answer. I am so confused,
I am 25 years male me and my wife had sex on 21st may. She took I pill immediately after sex and another pill 12 hours later. Since then she has missed her two consecutive periods. Her last period was on 8th may. We did two home pregnancy test on 22 june and 24 june ,both were negative . We did a beta hcg blood test on 29 june , it also showed negative pregnancy. On 11th july we did a beta hcg test and a TVS ultrasound. Both showed negative pregnancy. However ultrasound showed multiple cysts on left ovary. My wife took Medroxyprogesterone Acetate Tablets (10 mg) from 13 to 17 july. Yet she did not get her periods. please suggest the reasons. Can she be pregnant or is there some other serious concern. We both are very depressed.
Pregnancy is a time when your body undergoes a plethora of changes, both emotionally and physically. In such a situation, an acute liver failure only triggers further complications, threatening to affect both the mother and the fetus. The ambit of liver diseases range from mild complications to those that can be life threatening. Acute liver failure or ALF, as it is commonly known as in medical parlance is a condition which is caused when then there is a sudden impairment of the ability of the blood to clot. In spite of the erratic nature of the ailment and its ability to affect anybody with a complete disregard of the individual's pre-existing history of liver problems, there are certain causes that are said to propel it. Some of them are:
- Eclampsia with liver infraction: This is an extremely rare condition. Generally, eclampsia refers to the occurrence of convulsions in pregnant women, mostly in those who suffer from high blood pressure. Those women who suffer from eclampsia along with liver infraction are more susceptible to have a liver failure.
- Hepatic rupture: Much like eclampsia, hepatic rupture is also caused in women who have high blood pressure. This heightens the risk of an impending liver failure in pregnant women.
- Fatty liver: Sometimes excess of fat develops in the liver deterring its functioning. This is not only detrimental to your health but also poses a great danger in triggering a liver failure.
In spite of these, there have been multiple treatments which have developed to manage and curb it. Some of them are:
- Remedial measure for coagulation: The inability of blood to clot blood is known as coagulation which is extremely fatal and one of the primary causes that leads to liver failure. Therefore timely and potent intervention of medicine is important to prevent that and in turn diminish the possibility of liver failure.
- Volume replacement: Volume replacement refers to the condition where fluids are resuscitated or replenished into the body, those that were lost but at the same time are mandatory for the proper functioning of the body.