Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini GhandhiYour feedback matters!
Marriage is 4.6 years old but could not conceive. My right tube is blocked and left has very less visibility in HSG test report. What are the chances of conceiving? If IVF is the only option, then what are the chances of conceiving through IVF. Does weight affects in IVF process? My vitals are 73 Kgs at 5 ft height. I feel disappointed.
What Is Libido? Why Does It Disappear Among Some of Us?
- Libido is defined as a person’s overall sexual drive or desire for sexual activity. Low libido in women and low libido in men have some similar roots, along with some gender-specific ones as well.
- For men, it’s actually quite normal to have a gradual decrease in libido as a man gets older. Each man is different, but most men tend to have some amount of sexual desire into their 60s and 70s. If aging isn’t at the root of libido decrease, a man may be depressed or experiencing too much stress. Other possible causes of low sex drive men are a medication side effect, a decrease in male sex hormones due to an endocrine disorder or sleep apnea. A little-known fact is how sleep apnea can lead to an unusually low testosterone level.
- Low testosterone can also cause erectile dysfunction (ED), a condition in which a man can’t get or maintain an erection. While both issues may involve low testosterone, ED and low libido do not necessarily equate or even happen at the same time. Men who have a hard time getting or maintaining an erection usually have a normal or even high sex drive.
- When it comes to a low sex drive in women, there can be many causes. According to sex psychologist Sheryl Kingsberg, Ph.D, “Women’s sexuality tends to be multifaceted and fairly complicated.”
- Common causes of a loss of sexual desire or low libido in women include issues in your relationship with your sexual partner, sociocultural influences (job stress, media images of sexuality, etc. ) and medical conditions (like fibroids, endometriosis and thyroid problems).
- Low testosterone doesn’t just cause sexual issues for men. Women can also experience low testosterone. Female testosterone levels peak in the mid-20s and then steadily decrease until a woman goes through menopause. After menopause, female testosterone levels drop dramatically, and sex drive can drop dramatically as well. Birth control pills and other forms of hormonal pregnancy prevention can also have negative effects on a woman’s desire for sexual activity.
- When it comes to how to increase your libido, there are two key biological chemicals that may affect your level of sexual desire whether you’re a man or woman. I’m talking about dopamine and prolactin. It’s theorized that dopamine increases desire while prolactin decreases it. If you take any medications, it’s important to know that some can increase prolactin release or inhibit dopamine release. Either of these two scenarios can decrease sexual desire and also cause other sexual side effects.
- In men, low prolactin has been linked with multiple signs of poor sexual health and psychological health. Low prolactin levels are also associated with a larger body mass index (BMI), high blood sugar levels, lower levels of physical activity and just generally feeling unhealthier.
- Relationship issues, depression, prescription medications, alcoholism, drug abuse and/or chronic diseases like diabetes can all be at the root of low sex drive for both sexes. A BMI that’s too high can also cause problems for both men and women when it comes to libido. Obese men tend to struggle with erectile difficulty, but studies have shown that losing only a small percent of weight can improve both male and female sexual function. A study conducted at Duke University reports that obese people are 25 times more likely to report sexual problems.
How to Increase Libido Through Diet
Let’s talk about how to increase libido through your diet, which includes what you should eat more of and what you should avoid or reduce significantly.
Foods That Help
- Natural Aphrodisiacs — Figs, bananas and avocados are natural aphrodisiacs loaded with vitamins and minerals that can encourage more blood flow to the genitals and naturally increase sex drive.
- Vitamin C foods — Vitamin C improves blood circulation to the organs so it’s important to make sure you consume foods rich in vitamin C on a daily basis. Vitamin C has also specifically been linked with a healthier female libido. Some great choices include broccoli, oranges, red peppers and guava.
- Iron-rich foods — For women in particular, low iron levels can have a negative affect on sexual desire, arousal, lubrication and ability to have an orgasm. Great sources of iron include dark leafy greens like kale and spinach, along with grass-fed beef.
- Collagen-rich foods — Collagen production naturally declines with age. This has a direct negative effect on skin health and makes it harder to keep skin firm. This phenomenon can make it harder for men to maintain an erection, and it can lead to a looser vaginal wall in women. To increase your collagen levels, you can consume more bone broths and opt for a collagen supplement powder. Vitamin C also helps to increase collagen production.
- Sweet potatoes — Sweet potatoes or yams are loaded with potassium and vitamin A. The potassium can help with high blood pressure, which makes a man more likely to have erectile dysfunction.
- Watermelon — In 2008, research conducted at Texas A&M demonstrated that watermelon may have a Viagra effect. The phytonutrients known as lycopene, beta-carotene and citrulline found in watermelon help relax blood vessels. While watermelon might not be as organ-specific as Viagra, it can be helpful in the bedroom without any negative side effects when you naturally want to improve libido.
- Spices like nutmeg and clove — Spices are loaded with antioxidants, which is great for overall health, including libido. Research published in the journal BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine specifically found that extracts of nutmeg and clove enhanced the sexual behavior of male animal subjects. Clove is also great at improving bad breath.
- Dark chocolate — Research has shown that chocolate consumption leads to the release of phenylethylamine and serotonin, leading to some aphrodisiac and mood-lifting effects. Just make sure you choose a low-sugar, high-quality dark chocolate.
- Brazil nuts — These nuts are high in selenium, which plays a role in maintaining healthy testosterone levels.
- Almonds — Rich in zinc, selenium and vitamin E, almonds contain vitamins, minerals and healthy fats that can improve sexual health and reproduction.
- Water — Making sure you’re not dehydrated is helpful when it comes to your libido since dehydration can cause a number of negative side effects that can easily dull sexual desire. If you want to avoid possible fatigue, headaches and vaginal dryness then drink up.
I'm 25 yrs old, recently got married, 2 months back & since then i'm having irregular periods and now delayed for 1.5 months. I've done my pregnancy test but it's negative. Is there any other reason that has stopped from having periods? kindly suggest.
On the auspicious occasion of makar sankranti I wish all the users a very happy sankranti. With the occasion one food product is associated and that is til (or sesame seeds). Here are some benefits of sesame seeds
1) It acts as antioxidant and has anti inflammatory response.
2) It is rich in magnesium hence good in respiratory ailments
3) It is rich in calcium and hence good for bone health
4) It cut down the bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol
5) It lowers the bp hence good for patients of hypertension.
6) It support healthy digestive system.
7) It is rich in protein and hence must item for all vegetarians.
Hope you all have wonderful healthy year ahead.
Stay healthy stay updated
Dr. Rama Bhardwaj
I am having itching near vagina and also having White discharge.what to do? I Have 1 baby of 1.5 years.
I am 22 Years old female. What type of monthly contraceptive pills should I take to avoid pregnancy. Please tell me the name of the medicine and the dosage.
Wife had miscarriage recently. Blood group of wife is o-ve. My blood group is b-ve. Does my wife need to take any injection or meditation for conceiving? After how many months should we try for pregnancy? And after how many days should we start doing sex, and if after next period should we start sex then should we use condom or wat? After miscarriage, the foods was removed via tablets.
I have a problem of pcod please tel is it create any problem in conceiving? Pls advice how to get out from dis pcod.
मंजिष्ठा का वैज्ञानिक नाम रुबिया कार्डीफोलिया है. मंजिष्ठा के फायदे रक्त शोधक के रूप में ज्यादा देखे जाते हैं. बेल के रूप में उगने वाली मंजिष्ठा भारत के पहाड़ी इलाकों में पाई जाती है. औषधीय इस्तेमाल के लिए इसकी जड़ों का प्रयोग किया जाता है. बेल के रूप में उगने वाली मंजिष्ठा, विभिन्न त्वचा रोगों और जोड़ों के विकारों के लिए जिम्मेदार रक्त में मौजूद विषाक्त पदार्थों को दूर करता है. कसैले, थर्मोजेनिक और कायाकल्प जैसे गुणों वाले मंजिष्ठा में असंतुलित पित्त को संतुलित करने की भी क्षमता होती है. इसके अन्य फायदे भी हैं.
1. त्वचा की देखभाल में
त्वचा की देखभाल करने में भी इसकी स्पष्ट भूमिका है. इसकी इसमें ख़ास बात ये है कि इसके आंतरिक और बाह्य दोनों रूप में इस्तेमाल कर सकते हैं. त्वचा को कई तरह से फायदा पहुंचाता है जैसे कि ये मुंहासे, मलिनिकरण, उज्जवल चमक, झाइयाँ, एक्जीमा, खुजली, त्वचा एलर्जी आदि. इसके लिए मंजिष्ठा पाउडर में थोड़ा शहद मिलाकर चहरे पर लगाएं. इसके आलावा 100 ग्राम संतरे के छिलके का पाउडर और 50 ग्राम चन्दन पाउडर, 50-50 ग्राम हल्दी और मंजिष्ठा के पाउडर को मिलाकर एक अच्छा फेसपैक तैयार किया जा सकता है.
2. गठिया में मंजिष्ठा के लाभ
मंजिष्ठा के फायदे हमें जोड़ों के दर्द में भी पता चल जाते हैं. कभी-कभी गठिया में सुजन भी हो जाता है. इस सूजन को दूर करने में इसकी भूमिका होती है. इसके अलावा यह भूख में सुधार रक्तस्त्राव, अपच, पेचिश, अल्सर, दस्त, परजीवी कीड़े जैसी बिमारियों में भी इसका फायदा नजर आता है.
3. बालों की देखभाल में मंजिष्ठा का उपयोग
बालों के लिए तो मंजिष्ठा एक रामबाण औषधि है. दरअसल ये बालों को प्राकृतिक रंग देने का काम करती है. यही नहीं ये सफ़ेद बालों की समस्या को प्रभावी ढंग से ठीक कर सकती है. ये बालों में गहराई से प्रवेश करके उन्हें पोषण देकर उन्हें टूटने से बचाती है. इससे आपके बाल लम्बे भी होते हैं.
4. प्रतिरोधक क्षमता सुधारने में
मंजिष्ठा के तमाम लाभों और गुणों में एक ये भी है कि इससे आपके शरीर की प्रतिरोधक क्षमता भी ठीक होती है. ये आपके शरीर को प्रभावित करने वाले तमाम संक्रमणों से लड़कर आपको स्वस्थ रखती है. मंजिष्ठा आपको इस तरह से अपने गुणों के कारण तमाम रोगों से बचा सकती है.
5. लसिका तंत्र सिस्टम्स के लिए
लसिका तंत्र को दुरुस्त करने का काम भी मंजिष्ठा बखुब करती है. दरअसल ये कोशिकाओं के पोषण में मदद और शरीर से तमाम अपशिष्टों को बाहर निकालने में मददगार साबित होती है. इसका प्रयोग पुराने घावों को ठीक करने में भी किया जाता है. इसके लिए आपको घावों को काढ़े से धोना चाहिए और इसके बाद इसके अर्क से पट्टी करनी चाहिए. ऐसा करने से आपके पुराने घाव जल्दी ही ठीक होने लगते हैं.
6. पीरियड्स में
इसका काढ़ा महिलाओं के लिए पीरियड्स के दौरान बहुत उपयोगी साबित होता है. दरसल मंजिष्ठा का काढ़ा आपके पीरियड्स मिस होने जैसी समस्याओं से आपको राहत दिलाता है. यही नहीं ये स्तनपान कराने वाली माताओं के स्तन के दूध को भी शुद्ध करता है.
7. बुखार में
बुखार एक आम बीमारी है. ये अक्सर किसी न किसी को होती ही रहती है. इसके होने के अलग-अलग कारण हैं. लेकिन मंजिष्ठा आपको इससे बचाता है. इसके अलावा ये आपको आँतों के अल्सर और पेशाब के रास्ते के संक्रमण से भी बचाता है.
मंजिष्ठा के नुकसान
मंजिष्ठा का कोई ख़ास दुष्प्रभाव तो नहीं देखा गया है लेकिन गर्भवती महिलाओं और स्तनपान कराने वाली माताओं को इसके इस्तेमाल में सावधानी बरतने की जरुरत है. जहाँ तक संभव हो अपने चिकित्सक के निर्देशानुसार ही इसका इस्तेमाल करें. छोटे बच्चों को इसकी कम से कम मात्रा दें वरना नुकसान पहुंचा सकता है.
I am 25 years old. I have regular menses. Had laparoscopy 2 month ago for endometriosis. Now every thing is ok. Had ovulation on my 14th day of cycle niw Dr. prescribed me deviry 10 mg. Does it help me to conceive?
Nail biting or onychophagia is mostly subconscious habit triggered by stress, boredom, anxiety or depression. Nail biters acquire this bad habit in their childhood in majority of cases.
While it may seem like a fairly harmless habit, in actuality it is NOT! Nail biting habit may cause finger and nail infections, dental problems, mouth infections and also ugly appearance to your fingers and hands. Hence it becomes necessary to keep this bad habit in check. Try following ways if you wish to give up the habit.
1. Identify the causes/ triggers and fix them
As mentioned, anxiety, depression and stress can trigger nail biting. Fix these causes by practicing meditation, yoga regularly. If required and prescribed by qualified doctor, take medicines to resolve the issues.
2. Engage yourself in joyful activities
As boredom is another cause of nail biting, engage yourself in some light activities like reading good books, music, planting or anything you like.
3. Be determined
Be strongly determined to give up the habit. Keep telling yourself to stop this bad habit. Try to be aware the times when you put fingers in mouth to bite nails and stop then and there from doing so.
4. Nail strengthener
Stronger and well shaped nails will make you less tempted to nail biting.
5. Let your friends and family know
Informing your friends and family about your determination to kick the habit will help you with their watchful eyes as you might be biting nails even unconsciously.
6. Try fake nails/ gloves
Fake nails will not only enhance beauty of your nails but also will aid you to give up nail biting. If you do not wish to use fake nails, use gloves for few days to keep the habit in check.
Manicure beautifies your nails giving them a bright and attractive look. Thus it helps psychologically to kick the habit as you are less likely to spoil your beautiful nails.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I have got pink spotting for one day during my periods my period date was 14 June but came on 9 June with one-day pink spotting and nothing till now ,regular I bleed for 4 days in periods, is this a sign of pregnancy.
I try positive pregnancy 3 months but till negative result and recently 4 months complete my miscarriage.
Hi. M 28th week pregnant. M feeling sometimes shortness of breath .and urine incontinence. So will you please suggest me.
We have for ages seen our parents and our grandparents reach out for a piece of jaggery at the end of every meal. Jaggery is healthier compared to refined sugar because of its deposition of phytochemicals and other important minerals. While many people do not choose jaggery because of its no-so-good-appearance, it is perhaps more sensible to consume it considering the host of health benefits it offers.
Here is a list of benefits that can be extracted from the consumption of jaggery.
- Skin benefits: Jaggery nourishes the skin in the true sense of the word. Owing to the numerous amount of mineral and vitamin, it can eliminate common skin problems such as pimples and acne. It can negate dark spots, wrinkles delay the common signs of aging.
- Digestive benefits: Jaggery plays a huge role in ensuring smooth digestion. It stimulates secretion of digestive enzyme. It, therefore, makes it easy for the body to quicken the process of digestion. It can also help to stabilize the bowl movement by keeping common digestion related disorders such as constipation, intestinal worms, indigestion at bay.
- Blood: Jaggery does a great job in purifying the blood. It acts as a cleansing agent by filtering the blood from the toxic agents. It also keeps the hemoglobin count normal and help the body refrain from blood-related disorders such as anemia. Since the quantity of iron content in jaggery is plentiful, it successfully helps the body to stay healthy and negate deadly diseases. Furthermore, jaggery can help women to stay away from complicated menstrual related disorders, beat weakness and fatigue.
- Weight loss: Jaggery’s rich potassium content helps the body balance the electrolyte, build muscles and improve the metabolism of the body. Potassium also helps in managing water retention in the body. Both the factors coupled together helps in weight loss and beat fatigue, obese etc.
- Blood pressure: The sodium and potassium content of jaggery helps the body maintain an effective adequate acidic level. This ensures that the blood pressure remains in the balance and the body refrains from undue blood pressure related disorders.
- Antioxidants: Jaggery contains selenium, the latter is a rich source of antioxidants which can help the body to fight the free radicals and keep it at bay. The antioxidants also help the body to stay away from other ailments.
- Respiratory health: Jaggery is a great source of food that can effectively fight various respiratory problems of the body. It can fight diseases such as bronchitis and asthma.
- Body temperature: Jaggery helps to keep a normal body temperature. This is extremely beneficial for patients suffering from asthma since maintaining a steady body temperature is sacrosanct for patients suffering from this disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.