Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashwin Bhanushali
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwin BhanushaliYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor my baby is about 8 months and still we did not give her any injection like penta/pentaxim. She got seizures by birth and our child Specialist suggest to only give her Pentaxim which is less painful. But here in Pakistan, pentaxim is not available. So please suggest what should I do?
Hi - my baby boy is 7 month old and his weight is 8 kg. His weight at birth is 3. 3kg. My question is the weight of the baby is fine or we have to give some suppliments.
There are many myths about diabetes, especially related to what you can eat and what you can’t. Lots of people think that diabetics shouldn’t eat sweets at all. This is not true. Similarly, all carbs and fats are not bad. A high protein diet is also not required and there are no special diabetic meals. So, what should you as a diabetic, eat to combat diabetes? Read on to find out:
- Low glycemic index foods: Complex carbs are best for you as they limit the amount of sugar released into your blood stream and are digested more slowly and prevent your body from releasing too much insulin. These are also called low GI foods as well as slow-release carbs and are also high in fibre. Processed carbs like white bread, pasta, and rice, as well as sodas, packaged meals, and snacks must be junked. These are all called high glycemic index (GI) foods and spike your blood sugar.
- Manage sugar wisely: Diabetes doesn’t mean that you can’t eat sugar or desserts. It means you have to be smart with sugar, like
- Take smaller servings of your favourite desserts as they are best eaten in moderation.
- Reduce the sugar in your diet slowly rather than at once. This will give your taste buds some time to adjust, reducing sugar cravings.
- If you want to eat dessert, hold back on carbs in a meal. Balance out meals so that you don’t eat too many carb-heavy foods.
- Add some healthy fat to your diet, as it slows down the digestive process, which means that your blood sugar levels don’t spike as quickly.
- Eat sweets along with a meal and not alone: Sweets eaten alone can spike your blood sugar levels a lot.
- Don’t drink alcohol: Alcohol is full of calories and carbs and cocktails are loaded with sugar. Alcohol can interfere with diabetes medication and insulin, as well.
- Avoid junk, soft drinks, soda and juices: They are all packed with sugar.
- Avoid processed or packaged foods: These are loaded with hidden sugars. Eat food cooked at home.
- Remember high protein diets are not always good: Studies have shown that if you eat too much protein, especially animal protein, you may become insulin resistant. A healthy diet for diabetics includes protein, carbohydrates, and fats for the body to function properly.
- Eat more of these
- Healthy fats found in raw nuts, olive oil, fish oils, and flax seeds.
- Also eat more fruits and vegetables. Avoid juices.
- Eat more high fibre cereals.
- And avoid foods like
- Trans fats which means all deep-fried foods
- Fast foods, especially cakes, pastries, and chips
- Red meat
Remember, your overall eating patterns are very important. It’s also important to eat at regular intervals and avoid missing meals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Hi doctor my daughter is 5 months old she used to go motion once a day but from 4 days onwards she is going 4to5 times a day every time while taking the milk, and also she has cold but not blocked nose can you please suggest any medicine for motion.
My baby is now 1 Years 6 Months but her nipple size is too big how to treatment my baby please help us or tell me the medicine name and how to use.
Hi my name is satveer, I have two daughter. What should I give in food for good growth in terms of height. My daughter are 3 years n 5 years.
I hve delivered a baby boy recently. He is a month old now. I wud lik to know if its fine if my baby sleeps without any feeds for long. I do breast feeding. He refuses to suck milk while in sleep evn if I try to feed him. He stays without any feeds for SIX to SEVEN HOURS. Is this a matter of concern? How do I overcom this situation?
Hi. My baby is 1 week old. She is little less in complexion and fair. This will be her permanent colour r her colour will change. If not .How to make her fair. Is there any home remedy or cream to her skin. And also she has dry skin.
My baby is 3 months old and he is born with an Albino. Please suggest an effective treatment or special doctor so that he can be cured totally or at least partially.
Depression is a state of mind that adversely affects the way a person thinks, feels and behaves. It’s becoming an unpleasant existence in everyone’s life these days due to lot of factors such as:
Competition with Others,
Desires not getting fulfilled,
Relationship related concerns,
Societal Pressures etc.
In most cases, depression does not have a single cause. Rather, it results from a mix of factors i.e. your genes, events in your past, your current circumstances and much more. Depression, like many other behavioral health issues, has complex interacting Biological, Psychological, Social and Environmental contributing factors. Depression in teenagers is very common owing to hormonal changes and increased stress of coping with studies and the social world. Genetic factors also play an important role in triggering depression in teenagers.
Signs and Symptoms of Depression:
Persistent Sadness: Constant feeling of sadness irrespective of the company.
Thoughts or attempts of suicide: Thinking that suicide will solve all problems.
Fatigue: A state of decreased energy levels.
Helplessness and Hopelessness: Living with a though that nothing will ever get better.
Loss of interest in daily activities: Lack of interest in your hobbies, your favourite pastimes or social activities, or sex etc.
Appetite or weight changes: Significant weight loss or weight gain.
Sleeping disorders: Either insomnia, especially waking in the early hours of the morning, or oversleeping.
Irritability: Low tolerance level.
Loss of energy: Feeling fatigued, sluggish, and physically drained.
Self-loathing: Feeling of worthlessness or guilt.
Concentration Issues: Trouble focusing or remembering things.
Homeopathy For Depression
Homeopathic remedies for depression in teenagers are no different from those used for treating depression in adults. In the initial stages or in the milder form or in people who are not aware of the disease, depression can go unidentified till its implications become too obvious. People often overlook it as a mere low mood or some start assuming it as a part of their psychological makeup. Even families or spouse start accommodating accordingly, thereby making identification of depression all the more difficult. Homeopathic treatment for depression is great form of alternative medicine and natural therapy for depression.
Advantages of using Homeopathy for Depression:
- The best part of homeopathic treatment is that the homeopathic medicines are totally free from side effects and its long term use leads to no damage to the body. Homeopathic medicines also do not cause any sedation.
- The options in conventional treatments are either to take antidepressant medications or to remain depressed, however, homeopathic medicines are said to be side effect free and its long term use leads to no damage to the body. Homeopathic medicines also do not cause any sedation.
- There are lot of medications in homeopathy which are used, post understanding of the behaviour of a person; his/her complete biological and genetic status, his/her existing medical conditions.
- It is always recommended to consult a homeopath and not to go for self-medication, as it requires specific potencies of medicines for them to be effective on the medical condition.