Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwin BhanushaliYour feedback matters!
Hi doc, my baby is 6 months old n weight is 6kg please suggest something about her diet. Wht food to give n wht to avoid. Is her weight is normal. She is completely on my breastfeed. please suggest to gain weight also. Thank you.
My son is 5 years old and has a bad cough which gets worse during night time sleep. The cough is so bad that it feels like he is barking. We have visited our family doctor but his medicines have not helped at all. What treatment should we do.
I tried to introduce formula fed of 90 ml once a day to my 3 month old baby girl as she was getting cranky and feeling empty after breastfed. In breastfed she is not drinking milk for more than 10 mnts or falls asleep within minutes. These leds to her becoming cranky, crying and demanding milk after every 15 mnts to half an hour when she is awake. Initially after giving her formula fed once a day of 90 ml with 3 scoop powder, after 4-5 days the motion she passed had foamy and greenish effect, so we stopped it. When she became 3.5 month, we again tried formula fed once with less concentration but this time she threw up all the up and kept on crying that whole night. We tried the same after a week with same result. Please suggest.
I have 9 month old son still breast feeding. He bad sleeper all time more aft and night. I am plan to give him jaifal how many strokes to rub in stone. I do not know how much to give.
Hi I have a 1 month old baby. He has got neck fold rash on right side of the neck. Please suggest what can be done fir the rash. Any home remedy or oil or any rash cream please suggest.
Dear mam/sir my son is 9 months old. I am feeding him morning rice with dall evening milk bikes biscuits and night cerelac. Now I want to change night schedule shall I feed him night also food. I mean morning and night food and noon cerelac. Does it will be digested for him.
My son is 9 months old. And due to runny nose cough etc. I'm not able to provide vaccination. So What I do?
My new born baby doesn't respond to voices and sounds in the normal range. Is it normal for new born babies or should I be worried.
My daughter has a persistent wet cough since 3 days. But being little kid, she is not able to spit it out. Which medicine/home remedies can be given to her. Is there any way to pass cough via stool/spitting?
My son's age is 26 days. Born on 02.05. 2015. But, now-a-days, he has gastric problem. Always sound like" woh woh. After feeding either he goes toilet or make noise like that. Even though bumping does not help him. What home remedies we will do for him? by birth, he has one teeth on lower jaw, which taken out by dentist. But, jaw is up at that place. What will do. Due to teeth. Is such gastric problem arise? remedies, please?
Doctor baby aged 10 days. Baby is suffering from jaundice. How many days it takes to cure. Is photothreapy required for the baby? If photothreapy not done what will happen to the baby. Baby is normal. It drinks milk, passes urine and motion regularly. And how to know the jaundice becoming low. Please guide me.
I have a girl Baby of 1 year and 6 month old. She is not fair and her skin looks very dull. Her weight is about 7 kg .She is very lean and thin. She does not like to eat sweet food. Please help me how can I care her complexion and her growth and weight. Provide me a proper guide of meal and its quantity to be given to the baby so that her complexion and her growth can be improved.
Sir Pls tell me any home remedy or medicine to cure adenoids and tonsils in 6 y old girl child she is breathing open mouth in night no fever no pain, Snoring sound in night.
Hi. One of the girl parent were suffering from HIV disease. And they are no more now. Will that be spread to their children any time in their life? Will it affect the future generation?
Helo Dr. Meri ek niece hai 9 years old uski height sahi nhi hai pls height ke liye koi medicine bataiye.
My daughter is 3.6 years old. Her growth is perfect but she don't talk clearly. I consult with family docter he says all is normal. I want to know is there any solution so that she can talk clearly as all children with her in school are talking clearly.
My daughter is 8 years old. She has enlarged adenoids which has not shrunk till now. She sleeps with her mouth open and snores sometimes. But she never was disturbed during her sleep due to breathlessness. Now doctor has advised to get her adenoids removed by surgery, but we are reluctant to do the same is there any remedy in homeopathy so that her adenoids shrink as usually it does naturally. Kindly advice, as we are very much worried and do not want a surgery.
Giving a child medication can be a challenging job and one that many parents dread! Wrong dosage can create a havoc and lead to unnecessary complications or the problem not getting treated at all. So make sure you give your child the proper dose.
Here is a small guide that will help you understand more about dosage and administration of medicine for children:
- Dosage: Usually, most pharmaceutical companies print the dosage as per the age or the weight range of the child. This is true mainly for paediatric drugs. Yet, there are other ways of calculating dosage as well. You can divide the age of the child (in months) by 150 and multiply the sum with the average adult dosage to compute the dose that the child should get.
- Frequency: Also, always speak with a paediatrician to find out how often a medicine must be administered. The label will usually have this information, but it is always best to mention the exact symptoms and ask for the frequency.
- Instruments: Child medicine usually comes in liquid form for easy ingestion. You can use a wide mouthed calibrated syringe for administering the medicine, or you could use a spoon, or even the measuring cup that comes with the medicine. The baby's bottle or a dropper can be used for infants as well. Take care to watch for signs of choking and administer the medicine in one dose broken up into smaller doses to avoid the same.
- Storage: Ask your doctor about storing the medicine at room temperature or in the refrigerator as this will affect the efficacy of the medicine.
- Administration: Remember to find out if the medicine is to be administered before or after the child has had a feed or a meal. Then, wash your hands and prepare the child by ensuring that he or she lies still without any squirming. Make the child comfortable about the idea of taking medication and keep the head propped up. Talk to distract the child and if need be, practice sucking it in so that the child avoids choking. You can mask the unpleasant taste of certain medicines by keeping a glass of juice or candy nearby.
- Missed Doses: If your child throws up a dose, or you miss one, do not give a double dose. Instead skip and give it later.
Take due precautions when you are administering, storing and measuring the medicine for your child as this could have an impact on how the child reacts and heals.