Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwin B MehtaYour feedback matters!
My father was suffering from low pulse rate since last two years after road exident so what is the reason of low pulse rate cause.
Dear Sir/Doctor please can you give your precious time to give me a solution which I'm facing from few days and the problem is Suddenly my Heart use to Beat faster like for 4 seconds and comes back to normal but till now no pain or other symptoms. Thank You.
Sir earlier I had diagnose with high cholesterol. My tg was 272 Hdl was 40 and ldl was 130 Then my gp advice me to take tonact tg for 3 months. After that I checked my cholesterol and it was dropped. But. I was simply checked again my lipid profile. 2 days back. It's again high. Shud I have to take cholesterol lowering medication for life sir? Please advise me Can't I ever. Eat chicken or meat? Plzzzz sir clear my doubts.
I am 34 years old women last few month I am facing low back pain. When low back pain start after two to three minute chest and head pain will be start after some time cold body.
I have been having palpitations for nearly 5-6 months. I did an echo, TMT, ECG and 24 hour holter monitor. All results were normal. However, echo showed trivial mitral regurgitation and trivial tricuspid regurgitation. Avg heart rate was 90bpm in the holter monitor result. I often get palpitations after eating lunch or dinner. I am also easily startled when a phone rings etc. Overall I've been having some anxiety issues for past 6 months. I feel tensed and on the edge for most part of the day. I had got married and moved countries and had to quit my job during this time. So I was at home for most part of the day without much to do. I also suffer from upper body pain - shoulder and front chest. Sometimes this in muscular pain and some other times I feel it's internal pain due to bloating or gas whenever I breathe. I also did a chest X Ray and it was normal. I am on supplements for vitamin D insufficiency. Please advise how to deal with these issues. Any follow up for regurgitation?
I am 24 year old male. I used to smoke for last 4 years. Now when I smoke I feel chest tightness. Then I stopped for one week. Then after that I again smoked and suddenly again I felt chest tightness. After a sleep when waking up from bed while coming up I feel a sharp pain at the centre of the chest. After waking it will go. But while pressing at that point I can feel the pain. Then it goes. I have light shoulder and arm joint pain also. What will be the reason for it? Is it dangerous ?If it heal if I stop smoking?
Maintaining a healthy blood pressure level is important for everyone. However, in the case of a pregnant woman, high blood pressure can be an added risk to the health of the fetus. High blood pressure or hypertension is defined by a blood pressure reading that is higher than 140/90mmHg. This indicates how much pressure the blood exerts on the walls of the arteries every time the heart beats. There are three different types of hypertension a pregnant woman can suffer from. These include:
- Chronic hypertension: This refers to high blood pressure conditions that were existing prior to or in the early days of pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: Women who develop hypertension after the 20th week of pregnancy suffer from gestational hypertension.
- Pre-eclampsia: This is the most severe form of hypertension for a pregnant woman. It may be caused by either of the above types of hypertension and is characterized by the presence of proteins in the urine. It usually occurs after the 20th week of pregnancy.
Some women have a higher risk of developing hypertension when pregnant as compared to others. Some of the factors that could influence this are obesity, a family history of hypertension and being younger than 20 years old or older than 40. Women have a higher risk of suffering from hypertension during their first pregnancy or if they are pregnant with multiple fetuses.
If you suffer from hypertension when pregnant, your baby will not get enough oxygen and nutrients. This can slow the growth of the fetus or cause low birth weight. It can also cause placental abruption and premature delivery. In severe cases, preeclampsia can be fatal for the mother and the baby.
Reducing your risk of hypertension when you’re pregnant is easy. Here are a few tips.
- Eat Right: It is natural to crave certain foods when pregnant but you should make an effort to eat healthy. Get plenty of fruits and vegetables and ensure that you have a balanced diet. Avoid processed foods, fried foods, colas and food with a high salt content. It is also advisable to reduce your caffeine intake.
- Exercise Regularly: Exercise not only helps you manage your weight but also reduces the risk of hypertension. However, be careful about your exercise regimen. If you have lived a fairly sedentary lifestyle uptil your pregnancy, do not suddenly start anything strenuous. Low-intensity workouts like walking and cycling are ideal for pregnant women.
- Reduce Stress: It is natural to be worried about being pregnant but this does not help you in any way. The more stress you take on, the higher your risk of hypertension. Hence, avoid stressful situations and try deep breathing exercises and yoga to keep you calm.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!