Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashvith Shetty
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Rashes
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Open Pores
Treatment of Fungal Infection
Treatment of Psoriasis
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment of Blackheads
Treatment of Moles
Submit a review for Dr. Ashvith ShettyYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Acne is a very common problem that affects people, mostly teenagers worldwide. The problem of acne can be extremely annoying, making most of the people to opt for self medication. However, it is advisable to consult a dermatologist to avoid unwanted complications. The following common but serious mistakes should be avoided while self-treating acne:
- Fight acne the dermatologist way: During adolescence, hormonal imbalance is one of the major factors resulting in acne. However, factors like prolonged illness, pollution, dermatological problems cannot be sidelined either. It should be noted that acne is an inflammation which needs proper investigation. A dermatologist should be consulted at the very onset. Use of any medicated lotions or creams without proper recommendation can aggravate the problem.
- The lesser the better: Using too many products at a time will do you more harm than good. Use one product at a time. If you think a product can magically treat your acne in a day, then you are in for some disappointment. Optimism is good, but being realistic is better. Not all products show positive results in a day. One needs to have patience. Use the product diligently for a week before trying out a new product.
- Complete what you started: It is a crime to stop any medications mid way. Complete the full course of the medication, even if your acne is fully treated.
- Popping away to ugly spots and scars: Popping or picking only worsens the inflammation and acne. It will leave your face with some really ugly spots. When the acne head turns white, do not try to squeeze it out. Show some resilience. It is a very common mistake that should be strictly avoided.
- Exfoliants should be chosen carefully. Understand your skin type well. Micro-beads-enriched exfoliants are the best to use. Avoid scrubbing or over washing the face. Always use a sunscreen before stepping out in the sun. If you are into make-ups, remove them before retiring to bed. Use make-ups that suit your skin type. Minimal application of make-up is advisable in case of acne.
- Many well-wishers might suggest innumerable acne treatments. Listen to all, but choose what you feel and know is the best.
A flawless and acne-free face is very much achievable.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Vitamin itself stands for ‘vita’ means ‘important or vital’ and ‘amin’ means ‘substance’. Vitamins are essential for various body functions, and their deficiency can lead to severe problems. Vitamin C is one of the essential vitamins and has multiple benefits for the skin, hair, and overall health. Almost all food substances including regular vegetables and fruits contain some amount of vitamin C, and so it is rare for people to develop this deficiency. However, making sure there is sufficient vitamin C in the diet is very useful. Read on to know more about the benefits vitamin C provides to your skin:
Collagen: Vitamin C is essential for growth of the collagen which forms the connective tissue layer. A diet low in vitamin C produces dull, lifeless skin. Including vitamin C enriches the underlying layers of the skin, producing glowing, firm skin.
Sun Protection: Vitamin C is an antioxidant, which your body uses to fight off harmful free radicals. Many of these free radicals are produced when UV rays come in contact with your body, and a lack of vitamin C can leave you with a reduced ability to fight them off naturally.
Wound Healing: When there are wounds, vitamin C helps in quicker and better healing of wounds by producing ligaments and creating scar tissue.
Blood Vessels: Vitamin C ensures optimal dilation of blood vessels and this helps in good blood flow to the skin. The skin glow and elasticity is largely improved when there is adequate vitamin C in the diet. Skin texture can turn dull and dry when there is less vitamin C in the diet.
Bleaching Effect: One of the best natural remedies for fairer complexion is the regular use of lime. It reduces melanin production and melanin oxidation. It also reduces the incidence of melanomas, age spots, freckles, and protects from general photochemical reactions which lead to sun damage.
Reduces Wrinkles: In addition to the other anti-ageing benefits, there are reduced wrinkles on the skin with a vitamin C-rich diet. This is due to the antioxidant property of vitamin C which ensures sufficient collagen formation and avoids intrinsic ageing. The photodamage effects are also reduced.
It is important to note that vitamin C absorption is reduced by smoking, cooking, steaming, microwaving, and prolonged storage. It is advisable to consume raw fruits and vegetables and freshly cooked foods for maximum benefit. If your diet does not contain sufficient vitamin C, ensure you take supplements, which are available in the market in various forms.
Go ahead and ensure your diet is rich in vitamin C and see these changes for yourself. There also would be dramatic effects on overall health as you consume more of this wonder vitamin. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!