Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ashvin BafnaYour feedback matters!
I have a swelling in my left eyes due to which I suffer from headache. I have this problem from last 3 days. What shall I do to get rid of it?
I am 30 years old married male and I have problems of blinking of eye lids continuously for 5-6 times. Now its become routinely habit. I have notice this after marriage. It has been 5 years of marriage. Please suggest me urgently. What are the precautions to diagnose it soon.
Have redness eye. Itchy eyes. And watery eyes. Used drops such as tear drop and wanlop drop but no improvement. Pls suggest beat drop which relief me from redness and watery eye. Ps- working around 7-8 hr on computer Doc suggest me. Neph M plus and olopat eye drop along with Refresh tear drop. Need your advice on this. JIN.
I'm 23 year old male. I'm suffering with head ache and eyes ache continuously whole day. If I go out in sun, aches are too much. I tested my eyes also and they said sight is normal. Wt may be the problem.
I use my movie and computer too often and now I feel like my eyes hurt and I feel blur sometimes if I bring my phone little bit closer to my eyes as they hurt me I was having this problem before as I am home at most of the time so I spend most if the time with move or computer.
My eyes pains a lot while using phone or pc even not on very heavy usage. My lens power is 0.5 and I wear specs regularly.
My eyes are paining I feel like I want to touch on every time to do massage on it. By the way I don't have any sight problem.
My eyes are becoming weak day by day, what could be the reason and cure. It is making me frightened as I cannot read distant written texts anymore.
Hello sir, I have red eyes since 7 years but I have born with white eyes so how to get white eyes can you tell me sir please.
Hi Doctor, there was no light in my house and it was pitch black for about 5 minutes. Suddenly, the generator started and I was staring into a very bright LED Light. My eyes blinked and I felt a flash in my eyes. It's been an hour since then and I haven't had any other problem, except minor eye pain. Should I do something else?
For last 3-4 years, I slept at 5 am morning and I used to wake up all night. As result of this, I have wrinkles under eyes. How can I rectify this? And also my skin is dry now a days. Can you suggest me a moisturizer?
Retinal detachment is an emergency eye condition in which the retina at the back of the eye gets separated from the surrounding tissue and pulls away from its normal position. The retina acts as a light-sensitive wallpaper in the eye, providing a lining for the inside of the eye wall and sending visual signals to the brain. As the retina can't work properly under these conditions, one can permanently lose vision if the detached retina is not repaired immediately.
- During the retinal detachment, the retinal cells gets separated from the layer of blood vessels which provides oxygen and nourishment. Usually, it begins in form of small torn area of retina known as retinal tears or retinal breaks. This condition, if not treated, leads to retinal detachment and finally permanent vision loss.
- Retinal detachment has tell-tale warning signs like an increase in sudden appearance of floaters resembling cobwebs floating in field of vision. It can be coupled with flashes of light or curtain from any direction causing a loss of vision.
- Retinal detachment is of three types. The most common form is Rhegmatogenous retinal detachment where a tear allows fluid to get under retina and prevents nourishment to reach retina from retinal pigment epithelium by separating them. In Fractional form, scar tissue on the retina's surface shrinks causing it to separate from the retinal pigment epithelium. This form is most prevalent with diabetes patients. Lastly, in case of Exudative retinal detachment, the fluid leaks into the area under retina without a tear or breaks in the retina. Retinal diseases or trauma to the eye are main causes for Exudative retinal detachment.
- Although a person of any age can suffer from retinal detachment, but it is more prevalent in people over the age of 40. People suffering from degenerative myopia or lattice degeneration are more prone to this medical condition. People with family history of retinal detachment are also likely to suffer from the same.
- Retinal detachment can be treated in many ways. The most common form is the Laser surgery in which small tears and hole are joined back to the retina. Another method is Cryopexy in which the area around the hole in frozen and helps reattach the retina. Both the above procedure are performed at ophthalmologist's clinic.
- Sometimes, one may have to opt for Scleral buckle in which a tiny synthetic band is attached to the outside of the eyeball which gently pushes the wall of the eye in toward the centre of the eye placing the eye wall very close to the detached retina. Another option is vitrectomy surgery to replace the vitreous that fills the centre of the eye and helps the eye maintain a round shape.
- A retinal detachment is an emergency medical condition and must be treated immediately to save one's vision. Most people have been successfully treated for retinal detachment, but ophthalmologists cannot always predict how vision will turn out. The visual outcome will not be known for up to several months after surgery. However the results are best when the retinal detachment is treated as soon as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
I have conjunctivitis my eyes are always red in color please tell the medical treatments for conjunctivitis.
I have puffy eyes for over two months now, I use laptop for nearly 10 hours a day. What can do to remove the swelling under my eyes?
After exercising a feel light headed. I did not faint but I see the world moving for few seconds. What can be the reason? This does not happen wen I dance or walk for 3 4 hours. I have recently picked up exercising (its been 2 days). I never did it before. I used to be 58 kg. I gained 14 kg in last 20 months.
I'm suffering with headache from last four days. I took paracetamol BT no use. So vl you suggest any thing. And my eye sight is -6.5.Please tell.
Please can you tell me that how to improve eye sight & prevent hair fall. I am looking forward to hear from you. Thank you.
Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK) uses a computer controlled laser to reshape the eye's cornea ( the transparent part in the front region of the eye), so as to enable light passing through it to focus correctly onto the retina of the eye.
When do you need this surgery?
This surgical procedure is ideal for people having following conditions making spectacle use mandatory :
1. Myopia or nearsightedness - Far off objects appears blurry
2. Hypermetropia or farsightedness - Close objects appear indistinct
3. Astigmatism - Overall fuzzy vision
Facts about the surgery -
- Practically painless procedure done under numbing drops
- Short surgery time as well as recovery time
- No use of stitches
- Reduced dependency on glasses and contact lenses
- Better vision as compared to vision through high power glasses
- Minimum age to opt for the procedure is 20 years
LASIK in Presbyopia or Presbylasik:
The surgery can also be opted for individuals who suffer from presbyopia, which is long-sightedness brought on by the loss of flexibility of the eye lens, and usually occurs in individuals in their middle and old age. The condition renders individuals with the inability to focus on objects that are close by, leading to difficulty in reading smaller prints or doing chores close up.
In Presbylasik or Multifocal LASIK different power zones are created for seeing at varying distances - near, intermediate and distance vision. Consulting a doctor is best as he or she can help you to decide on the right course of action. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.