Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok ShahYour feedback matters!
My lips are very dark. N little light in the inner lips. I do not smoke at all. I do not have any bad habits. I tried many things to lighten my lips. But I couldn't. This is since many year. Please give me tips to lighten my lips.
I am 20 years old and still my bread and mostach is not growing thick. Which is the best medicine available in india for the faster and stronger growth of facial hair.
My problem is dryness on my face whenever I wash my face it gets very dry and lips too what should I do now please help.
Please suggest me some under eye cream for my dark circles. I applied skin lite for a long time of period but now I stopped it. My face looks so dark than before now. Please suggest some cream that can lighten my complexion & remove dead skin of my face and neck.
I am 31 years old & I have skin problem, like: skin is peeling off from my fore finger since 3 months. What should I do now?
What to do to decrease pimples and black spots on our face, and to increase the glow and maintain activeness and how to increase brightness and colour of ghe face.
Hello Dr. I am having seborrheic dermatitis on the face and scalp. It flaked up on my skin after 2 weeks. I used lulifin cream. It normally cures but keep getting over and over. Months after months. Please Dr. Help me get a permanent solution.
Hello sir/madam I am suffering from black heads under eyes I hv taking many medicines but no response but can I do tell me the proper diet for skin.
Sir, I have a normal complexion (not so oily. What facial cream should I use throughout the year? please name it.
Recently my skin is becoming like ageing one. Its like those who are of 30+ age. My age is 25. And I just drink 400 ml of water in a day. Is this because of water shortage in my body?
Hii Dr. THIS IS AAYUSH I WAS USING PANDERM NM CREAM FOR ONE WEEK NOW WHEN I LEFT IT MY SKIN HAS BECOME WHITE AND everyday NEW DARK SPOTS OCCUR HOW TO GET BACK MY OLD COMPLEXION WHICH OINTMENT WOULD YOU SUGGEST.
Hello I am Dr. Chiranjiv Chabra. I am dermatologist and I am the director and chief dermatologist at skin alive clinics. Today we look into the Anti-aging treatments that are available to make us look more vibrant, youthful and younger. Before getting into the treatments we should understand how aging happening is and why it is happening? Aging happens due to external factors that is the environmental factors and our lifestyle as well as internal factors that is the natural aging process. None of us can escape the aging process.
Let us look into the solutions how we can solve these issues. When we age, aging is happening at the level of our bowl and then at the level of the soft tissue which is over the bowl and then at the level of the skin. So all layers of the skin as well as the underline tissue has to be taken care of in these treatments. The various treatments that can be used for anti-aging or aging solutions. The effective ones are laser rejuvenation, where in a beam of light is made to shine on the skin and this light stimulates our collagen, tightens and lifts the skin, makes the skin smoother, and of a better quality. We can get results even in as less as four to five sessions, which can be done at a gap of one week each. This is called laser rejuvenation or laser toning.
Then we have advance treatments like Firm Fractional laser which is a treatment to tighten and lift the skin. Besides doing this it also removes blemishes, dyschromias, patchy skin, tanning, and so the skin looks fresher, even in color, and younger. Just a few sessions can make us look at least 5-6 years younger. Then there are array of medical facials available like diamond polishing or microdermabrasion, vitamin C electroporation lightening therapies, oxygen therapies for the face. These treatments are mild and gentle on the skin and they remove tiredness and bring around freshness to the face. Some of the latest treatments or solutions for anti-aging are thermage, Al-therapy, Botox fillers, and vampire facelift. Let us look into all of these one by one.
- Thermage is a single session treatment, non-invasive, relatively painless, to tighten and lift a skin. It does so by stimulating the collagen and the proteins in the skin and helps in tightening of the jaw-line, cheeks, eyelids, skin, and neck in fact any part of the body. This treatment is very popular and we have been doing it for the past 15 years now.
- Al-therapy is another technology to lift and tighten the skin. Here the sound waves touch the skin very gently and tighten and lift. Especially used for the area of the jaw-line, eyebrow lift, cheek lift, as well as it can lift any part of the body like sagging arms, stomach or breasts.
- Besides this there is a very interesting treatment called Vampire facelift. This is a trademark treatment wherein we take the blood of the patient that is the individual, and we put it into a special process by this we separate your own growth factors which are re-applied onto the skin.
Now these growth factors when re-applied on the skin they work as an anti-aging factors and they tighten and lift the skin and also improves the skin quality and glow and hydration. Now combine with these treatments which I have just discussed there are two latest therapies called Botox and Fillers. Botox is nothing but a simple protein, this protein was once upon a time and still is used ok we stop here again Botox. So if looking younger is in your mind you can choose any of the above treatments.
If you have any further queries you can visit us at Lybrate.
My feet have lots of black spots/ marks maybe develop because of shoes. Also have black knuckles and with some scaring. Due to which my feet and look ugly. How I get rid of them?
Beautiful eyes speak a thousand words. They play a pivotal role in shaping up your overall personality. Your eyes can make or break things in life. But appearance of dark patches under eyes may play a spoilsport. They foil the beauty of your innocent eyes. It is not just lack of sleep or rest that causes these unwanted dark circles. Researchers have found out that a number of factors are responsible for under eye dark circles. Here are the common reasons behind dark circles:
- Aging: There are numerous blood vessels passing through the under eye region. As blood cells get clogged in these vessels, they give a blue black tinge to the region. Aging leads to the thinning of the skin under the eye. This makes the blood vessels more prominent and appears as dark circles.
- Hereditary factors: You can sometimes blame the bad genes for occurrence of dark circles. Nutritional deficiency: If you are not taking balanced diet, you may end up developing dark circles. Your body must get adequate supply of vitamins A, C, K and E to prevent dark circles.
- Insufficient Sleep: Lack of proper rest and sleep turns the skin under the eyes pale. Therefore, the blood in the veins becomes more prominent, causing dark circles.
- Smoking and alcohol: The intake of alcohol or indulging in smoking can lead to dehydration of the body and thus lead to dark circles.
- Long hours under the sun: Your skin under the eyes gets damaged by the UV rays from sunlight. Moreover, spending long hours under sun triggers the excess production of melanin pigment. This gives a darker shade to the region beneath your eyes.
- Pregnancy and menstruation: A woman's skin is largely affected by the hormonal influences at the time of pregnancy or menstruation. The hormonal changes during these periods lead to darkening of the under-eye area
- Diseases: Researchers have found that certain diseases linked to the liver or anaemia often causes dark circles under the eye.
- Allergies: The colour of the under eye region often changes due to certain allergic reactions and subsequent scratching or rubbing of the area.
A holistic approach to remove dark circles combines chemical peels, microcurrent therapy and homecare solutions. Chemical peels break apart the dead cell layer and bring fresher skin to the surface, reducing pigmentation around the eyes. Microcurrent makes the under-eye area firmer while also supplying it with additional hydration. To maximize these results, a customized homecare regime is drawn up to suit your skin's specific needs.
Further, under guidance of a Cosmetic physician or dermatologist, changes in lifestyle and homecare regime ensure that you enjoy long-lasting results. With this approach, your eyes lose their tired look and are completely refreshed. This effectively reduces pigmentation around eyes and ensures that your eyes remain sparkling fresh as long as you want. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.