Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok PatkiYour feedback matters!
I have spots left after pimple actually dark spots clearly visible, I tried certain prescribed medicinal creams but there was no effect over them.
I am 23 years old and I started to loose my hair, I tried various medications but nothing helped me. Please suggest me the best solution. Or suggest me best dermatologist nearby.
I have had purplish lips for a very long time and I have tried many different remedies (none of which have worked) I recently read that lip color is a sign of health issues and purplish lips could mean low oxygen levels and heart or respiratory problems. I was wondering if this can be cured. And if so, how? I am currently on Ayurvedic medication (for white discharge. The white discharge has caused loss of weight, high body heat, poor digestion etc)
A hair transplant surgery is one that helps in moving the hair follicles from one site of the donor's body to the scalp of the donor, so as to help in better hair growth. This is typically used to fix balding and hair loss issues including male pattern balding. This surgical hair transplant process does not act on the epidermis or dermal layer of the scalp. The longevity of a hair transplant procedure generally depends on the type of procedure that has been carried out.
So let us know more about the procedure and how long it may last:
- Pre operative Assessment: The surgeon will do a detailed analysis of the scalp of the patient so as to understand the cause of hair loss. This will also help the doctor in suggesting what kind of procedure will be required and whether or not the patient will need single or multiple sessions.
- Harvesting Methods: With mild sedation, this simple outpatient method ensures that the scalp is properly cleaned before the extraction and implantation of hair follicles takes place. The angle of the hair growth is studied so that the transplant may happen at the same angle so as to ensure that the new hair also grows similarly to make it look as natural as possible.
- Strip Harvesting: With this method, the hair follicles from the donor site are removed and a strip of skin is harvested from the posterior scalp where there is good hair growth. In this method, the doctor or surgeon will usually make use of binocular Stereo microscopes to remove the excess fatty and fibrous tissue. All the while, the doctor will ensure that no damage is accorded to the follicular cells during the grafting process. This is also known as 'Trichophytic Closure'.
- Follicular Unit Extraction: When one or four hairs are extracted using local anaesthesia, the process of harvesting is known as follicular unit extraction. This can take any number of hours depending on the number of grafts which may also go up to 200! These grafts are usually called micrografts and are said to last the rest of the patient's lifetime. The hair that has been harvested in this process will be nourished by the normal blood flow to the scalp, much like the rest of the patient's hair. After the surgery, it takes a while for the hair growth to show.
- Genetic Hair Loss: While the hair transplant method may be permanent, one must remember that the genetic hair loss of the patient is a permanent process as well. The hair transplant may ensure that the hair grows back, but it cannot prevent one's hair loss due to genetic factors.