Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok PaiYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old, my question is during pregnancy can I sex with my partner or not, if yes how can & whose days or months please tell.
Hi doctor, I am 45 year male, takings pills for high blood preassure, my height is 171cms and weight is 85 kg. I want to get relief from snoring and uneasy breathing at night. I am not able to sleep well. Please help thanks and best regards
I have some kind of fungal infection on the back upper side of thigh since last 2 yrs. It causes severe itching. I have applied several herbal things like garlic, coconut oil, turmeric, aloevera and clop gm medicine, infection stops spreading for sometime but comes back. Please suggest some permanent treatment.
I am 33 years of age, I am suffering from jaundice please suggest which precautions I take and what type of food should I take.
I have psoriasis from past 4 years. First I had more. After treatment for 2 years it got reduce completely. Now again I am getting patches. Is there any permanent treatment? What food diet we have to follow? Suggest me please.
What is the immediate remedy when we met with a accident? What you mean by vomiting in medical terms.
My wife aged 74 yrs suspected of urinary tract infection. All symptoms point to this. She is a diabetic. I have started cital. Kindly advice.
Please give me a complete diet for the day as I am overweight and have gastric ulcer and indigestion problem.
I am just come out from jaundice but now both on my hand yellow spot is come is it related to jaundice also let me know is it vitiligo or not?
You may develop a form of diabetes during pregnancy, which is known as gestational diabetes. The condition usually goes away after childbirth. During pregnancy, hormonal changes within the body may cause the blood sugar level to rise. This condition affects the developing fetus as well, as the baby receives nutrients from your blood. The baby may store the extra sugar as fat and may grow unusually large.
How gestational diabetes affects the baby
Owing to the abnormally large size, the baby may be at risk of facing several complications, if you have gestational diabetes. Your baby may be affected in the following ways:
1. There may be injuries during birth due to the large size.
2. Low blood sugar level and mineral level during birth.
3. Jaundice, which is a condition which turns the skin to yellow.
4. The baby may be born prematurely.
5. Breathing problems which are temporary.
6. The baby will be at a higher risk of obesity later in life.
How gestational diabetes affects the mother
The chances of several pregnancy complications get enhanced due to gestational diabetes. The possible risks are as follows:
1. Chances of undergoing a C-section
2. Chances of miscarriage
3. High blood pressure.
4. Pre-term birth
5. After giving birth, the mother has high chances of developing type 2 diabetes.
How to manage gestational diabetes?
You can follow several tips and must undergo lifestyle changes for keeping your diabetes in control. These include the following:
1. You should have a healthy diet with reduced amount of carbohydrates as they cause the sugar level to increase. You must abstain from high sugar food items.
2. Regular physical exercise is essential for the management of sugar levels. You should work out for at least 30 minutes every day.
3. Regular health check-ups are very important, especially for your baby after birth. These may include ultrasounds and nonstress tests.
4. Prescribed medication such as insulin and several others help in the management of blood sugar levels.
5. You must observe your blood sugar level properly. You should take a blood sugar test many times a day.
6. You should always watch your symptoms for any sign of blood sugar during pregnancy.
In case you are diagnosed with gestational diabetes, you must consult a doctor immediately. Managing this condition at an early stage will prevent your baby from being affected in several ways. The condition can be successfully managed and majority of women with gestational diabetes have regular vaginal births and produce healthy babies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.