Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashok J.Thawani
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok J.ThawaniYour feedback matters!
Dear Ashok . It was great speaking to you. Regards & GOD BLESS
Dear sir/madam I am having a very peculiar pain below the neck from past one year. That pain sometimes radiates towards chest region and lower back. Before a year when I realised about the pain I use to do heat therapy at home .sun bath use to give great relief. It use to pain during bathing and walking. I use to have shortness of breath. My bp suddenly rose one day and I had to consult the doc. The doc did not understand the problem. Later I consulted homeopath and general physician but they told me to consult a neurologist. My ECG report and spine x ray report was normal. But bp was 200 which came down after I took medication. I do not have any bp problem. Few months later the bp problem was gone and suddenly my mouth and left part got numb as if I had a paralytic attack this happened twice but that too stopped. Now at present whenever I eat food I get pain exactly below left shoulder. This pain retains till partially food gets digested and till gas comes out. For this I take dabur pain hara from past several months. It gives me relief from gas and the pain too. I get unbearable pain sometimes. After eating my wife massages that area below left shoulder resulting in burping and finally pain comes down. Besides whenever I get depressed or frightened I get severe pain in that area. Honestly speaking I live in a very small town where neurologists are not available. And most important thing is that I am going through financial crisis and currently cannot afford the consultation and treatment charges. I have a very strong feeling that one of my nerves in that region has strained or compressed. I use to do heavy body building exercise about 15 years ago and later I stopped doing it completely. As a result my tummy and chest has increased a lot. Last winter I had severe cold and cough. Due to excessive coughing I use to get severe pain in the abdomen. I use to hold it tightly and then cough. After 15 to 20 days I got this shoulder problem. Could that be a possible reason of this nerve problem I am facing? I request you to show me exercises and perfect diet which can reduce my tummy and make me fit again permanently. At present I do push ups at home. Please don't give me advice of diagnosis, medication or treatment.
Hi Sir, My daughter is 6 years old, facing difficulty in breathing through nose during sleeping in night time since one year. Please give treatment for the same.
Sir I have high blood pressure about 150/110 normally. What should I do to control. I am doing regular exercise and controlling my diet also. Which specialist I have to consult. Kindly assist me.
I am 68 years old taking treatment for type 2 diabetes and bp. I had undergone prostate enlargement operation, bye pass surgery and operation for stones in kidney in the year 2009. Now my sugar level is less than 200 and bp is130/80. The problem is I go for twice in a week for bowls and it is hard please advice.
I have anxiety problem .last week my BP shoots up to 165/100 and I visit the doctor and he advised me to take embers 25 .last month I was doing daily walk and exercise and bp was very much in control .now I have stopped doing exercise .I don't want to form habit of medicine .even after medicine my bp is sometimes 144/88 or 135/86.
My age is 44 yrs. My wright is 95 kg height is 6 ft. Recently I did lipid and my Hdl is 30 and Ldl is 84. What can I do to reduce my weight as also to increase Hdl.
I am 51 years old and just now my cholesterol level has been increased by 50points. Kindly advise food and exercise to control without medication.
His hemoglobin is 18.5 and triglycerides is 900. What would you suggest? Why is it something serious.
While you may be worried about being affected with coronary diseases just because your forefathers suffered from it, there are various factors that are absolutely in your sole control. With a little change in lifestyle and following a well-regulated routine, you can easily keep your hereditary cardiac diseases at bay.
- Take a Healthy Diet Regularly: Increase the amount of green leafy vegetables and colourful fruits in your regular diet as they are rich in phytonutrients and other anti-oxidants, vitamins, fibres, minerals as well as anti-inflammatory molecules that would increase your immunity.
- Regulate Your Blood-Sugar Level: Studies show that blood sugar is a great contributor to cardiac diseases. So try to replace your high-carb diet with loads of fibre, protein and healthy fats to keep your blood-sugar level in control.
- Increase the Intake of Fibre: Try to increase the amount of fibre in your food chart by having lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts and soya so that it amounts up to at least 50 grams a day. You may even include fibre supplements in your diet.
- Stay Away From Processed and Junk Food: We know you are crazy about fast food, but you must also include sodas, processed jams, fruit juices and soft drinks as well, which are the greatest contributors to diabetes and in turn lead to heart diseases.
- Increase the Intake of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Try to include cold-water fish like sardine, salmon and herring along with flax seeds and sea weeds. This 'good' fat would keep your cholesterol level in check and lower down the amount of malicious LDL levels and transform them into harmless LDL particles.
- Get Rid of all Hydrogenated Food: This implies that you should abstain from having cookies, margarine, baked stuff and crackers. Don't be fooled by the label saying, "no trans-fat" and instead look for healthy coconut, olive or sesame oil.
- Abstain from Consuming Alcohol: Alcohol can do no good to any organ of your body. Instead, it triggers the amount of triglycerides, causes fatty liverand creates sugar imbalance in your body. By reducing alcohol consumption you can reduce inflammation, which causes various chronic diseases.
- Have good quality supplements: Along with having a healthy diet and workout, you must try to take in multivitamin and mineral supplements regularly to keep fit and active all around the year.
- Exercise Regularly: Researches report that a minimum of half an hour's exercise is required by our body regularly. After all, the heart is a muscle, and you must work out regularly to keep it healthy for a longer span.
- Manage your Stress Levels: Stress alone can lead to a fatal heart attackwithout prior signal. Take the time out to indulge in yoga, meditation, tai chi or anything that would keep your stress levels under control and help you to lead a happier, healthier life.