Find numerous Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashok Gupta
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am of 55 years old and I am loosing my hair of my head which I do not want to loose. Head hair are becoming thin and gradually vanishing from my head. Kindly tell me the homeopathic medicine so that the hair can be grown fast. I believe in homeopathic medicine . Please help in to grow the hair on my head. Thanks.
Sir, I am Sougata Bose, 26 years old from West Bengal. My prob is Skin problem, so, my face skin is very sensitive and oily. Face around pimples and black spot. So, treatment my skin and give any help from you.
I have problem with my skin, dry skin & dark spots. Please consult me witch type of cream, soap, food should I use.
I am suffering very weakness after coming my job. As well as I suffering last 2 years loosing my hair. please doctor consult me to prevent my loss hair. Like give medicine name. Which is very help ful for me.
Hair fall is a part of the natural aging process. However, sometimes, excessive hair fall may be the result of a disease or any other poor health condition. Knowing the causes and the available treatment options can help in dealing with the hair fall problem. Read on to find what might be causing hair fall and the ways to treat the problem.
Causes of hair fall
Several factors can be responsible for causing hair fall, and a few of the most common causes are:
- Excessive hairstyling: Using products that are chemically harsh on the hair can trigger hair fall. Also, using styling products excessively such as straighteners, hair dryers, rollers, or bleach may result in inflaming and scaring the hair follicles leading to hair fall.
- Underlying illness or surgery: Suffering from an illness such as syphilis, thyroid, or autoimmune diseases, or experiencing tremendous stress after surgery can cease the hair production or trigger hair fall.
- Hormonal imbalances: Hormonal imbalances due to use of certain medications, childbirth or health conditions can also cause hair fall.
- Nutritional deficiencies: Hair fall can also be triggered by lack of nutrition or over dieting or eating disorders.
- Use of certain medications: Use of certain medications and drugs, such as chemotherapy drugs or medications that boosts Vitamin A level can also contribute to hair fall.
- Hereditary: Sometimes, hair fall can also be hereditary; and in that case, treating it becomes difficult. However, with the help of surgical treatments such as hair transplant, heredity induced hair fall can be treated.
How can hair fall be treated?
Several treatment options are available, and based on the cause of the hair fall, the present scalp condition, and the severity of hair fall among other factors, a dermatologist may offer the below-mentioned treatments:
- Medications: From topical lotions and creams to anti-inflammatory medications, depending upon the cause of hair fall, these medications can boost hair growth, while calming the inflamed and damaged hair follicles.
- Scalp reduction: When hair fall results in baldness, then this particular treatment may become helpful as, in it, the bald scalp area is replaced with scalp areas that have hair.
- Hair transplant surgery: Hair replacement through surgical techniques can also be great when people suffer from hair fall due to hereditary reasons and has developed bald spots as a result of rapidly increasing hair fall.
Experiencing hair fall for a long term can not only cause one to suffer from baldness, hair thinning, and bald patches, but also can result in permanent hair loss. Therefore, once hair-fall is noticed, it is advised to consult with a dermatologist immediately as he/she can offer necessary treatments analyzing the responsible factors behind hair fall.