Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok GundaYour feedback matters!
Sir I have several floaters in my eyes. Its annoying. I consulted many specialist BT they ignored floaters and tell that retina is well and advice to consult after months. Sir please help me with Ayurveda treatment.
I am 20 and I have pretty much eyesight, what should I do to make my vision normal without spectacle or lens.
I have red eyes for over 3 days. What should I do. What medicines I should take to get relief very soon. Please suggest.
In my eyes have pain when seen screen of mobile and TV on high brightness. I have use glass of brown shade. But its to do headache.
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
Dear sir, I am wearing glasses from last two years, my left side glasses have 1.50 cylindrical and 1.25 spherical and similarly right side eye have 1.50 spherical and 1.25 cylindrical. My question is are there any chances for bringing back my eye sight in future again or is there any natural remedies, should I opt for laser eye surgery in future and wat are the expenses, merits and demerits. Thank you.
Hello sir I am veerpal sir my eye side is week I'm not seen to increase sir pls suggest me I can do everything.
In my eye. I had something sticky in it. But it's not going by water treatment and even I tried to remove it, but it's still in my eye. It's very irritating and my eye is slightly Red. I don't know what to do. Is it dangerous? Any home remedies for it?
I have many body problems. Eye are very very dry therefore my eye not open in morning and in the road driving the byke. My hair is sort and dry.
Are there any way to remove power glasses from eyes? In home remedies and what are easily available Vitamin A sources which we can include in our diet. I really want to get rid of these glasses out of my eyes?
How I can increase my eye vision normal I feel my is perfect but I fill loco pilot exam form and I think you know in this exam eye vision is necessary what should I do for increases please help thank you.
I am 22 year old girl. I am having pain in my head when I close my eyes for sleep. Area around eyebrows paining mch. What should I do to get read of this pain?
I am 30 years old. My right eye blink with movement of my mouth. Is it treatable. Kindly suggest me what to do?
All of us agree that healthy habits are absolutely necessary for a high quality of life. It is another story that whether we put them into practice or not. These healthy habits have to be cultivated since childhood for keeping vital organs like eyes in a perfect condition. One's quality of life is closely linked to how well one see and one can take steps now to take care of one's eyes and preserve vision well into old age. Keep Your Eyesight Sharp and protect your eyesight with the five tips listed below:
- Maintain a balanced and healthy diet - It has been scientifically proven that some foods can boost eye health and delay age-related eye changes. One must include eye-boosting vitamins and minerals in diet, such as lutein and zeaxanthin, Vitamin C, Vitamin E; zinc and omega-3 fatty acids to keep one's eyes in best shape. Broccoli, corn, squash, peppers, spinach and kale are the best source for zeaxanthin and lutein whereas citrus fruits, melons, tomatoes and broccoli are great source of Vitamin C. Vitamin E can be found in legumes, wheat germ, nuts and seeds while one can get zinc in found in whole grains, salmon are a great source of omega-3.
- Reduce Exposure in The Sun - Sun's ultraviolet rays can increase the risk of developing cataracts, which is most common cause of age-related vision loss in adults. It is very essential to take precautions to shield one's eyes from the sun. One should wear UV protective eyewear or wide brimmed floppy hat for protection from sun.
- Quit Smoking - Smoking is not only bad for heart and lungs, it can also damage eyesight. Cigarette smokers are at greater risk of developing both macular degeneration and Glaucoma.
- Regular Exercise - Regular exercise keeps waistline trim and eyes sharp. Latest studies have shown that those who led an active lifestyle were seventy percent less likely to develop macular degeneration.
- Go for Annual Eye Examination - Regular examination of eyes can give a surprising number of clues about ones overall health. Ophthalmologist can detect a broad set of problems ranging from hypertension to diabetes by doing a thorough examination of ones eye.
One only have one pair of eyes, so it is absolutely necessary to take the proper steps to care for them. By nourishing one's body with the right foods, getting regular exercise and going in for regular eye exams, one can keep vision sharp at any age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
Foods for eye health
Carrots really are good for your eyes. So are spinach, nuts, oranges, beef, fish, whole grains, and many other foods in a healthy diet. Look for foods with antioxidants such as omega-3 fatty acids; vitamins c, e, and beta-carotene; as well as zinc, lutein, and zeaxanthin. Research shows those nutrients may make age-related macular degeneration less likely.