Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok C SinghYour feedback matters!
I am having itching means discomfort in my throat and cough and cold also. What should I do to get relief from this?
I have block my nose while a year ago due to this my respiration is more trouble with every minute? What can I do?
I am suffering from tonsils it is coming only per month two days can you have solutions for this and also that time one nose is blocked.
Dear Doctor During the winter season especially my throat doesn't remain fine. I get a soar throat very easily. Plus cough too start s even when I get exposed to little winters or dust or pollution. Cold too starts. Please suggest me a long term remedy warm regards.
Hello sir my brother age is 10 years and he has a bleeding problem from nose what's the actual reason for that bleed till today 3rd time he got that problem.
I am suffering from tonsils from last 6 years and also I have a fatty liver and liver problem so what should I do and what should I take for that?
Although nose bleeding is quite common during the cold months, they can occur in the summer months too. This is because, during the summer heat, your nose may tend to get excessively dry. The protective layer of mucus in the nasal cavity tends to dry up during the summer months, thus resulting in nose bleeding. The hot summers can also lead to allergies, which in result can cause it.
Although nose bleeding may be quite messy, it is nothing very serious and can be easily prevented or stopped. Here are a few home remedies that you can try if you are prone to nose bleeding during the summer season:
- Vinegar: Vinegar is easily available in any household and effectively stops nose bleeding. Just pour in some vinegar in a cotton ball or a piece of cloth and put it into your nose for some time.
- Ice: Ice also effectively helps with controlling nose bleeding. Just rub ice against your nose to reduce swelling in the blood vessels. The ice will also effectively numb the pain offering instant relief.
- Foods containing vitamin C: Ensure that during the summer months you take the right amount of Vitamin C into your diet. This is because Vitamin C helps in blood clotting, and will stop nose bleeding faster. Foods that are rich in vitamin C are guavas, kale, mustard, parsley, oranges, strawberries and lemons.
- Baking soda: Baking soda works wonders for nose bleeding. Just mix some amount of baking soda into water, and transfer the solution into a spray bottle. Spray your nose with the solution.
- Steam: Inhaling steam is a great way to prevent nose bleeding. When you take steam, it moistens the nasal cavity and prevents it from becoming dry, thus avoiding any bleeding.
- Right posture: Another way to quickly stop a nose bleeding is to elevate your head. Keep your head in that position until the bleeding stops and try not to bend, as it can just aggravate bleeding.
- Whole-wheat bread: Make whole-wheat bread as part of your daily diet during summer. It is said to contain Zinc, which protects the blood vessels in the body.
- Drink water: ?Also ensure that you keep yourself hydrated at all times during the hot summer months. Drink plenty of liquids like fruit juice and milkshake, to prevent your nose from drying out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I have throat problem from last few months when ever I eat some thing it pain full for me what should I do?
I've got regular throat infection. Although i'm so health conscious I have tried many doctors i'd I get a good remedy ill donate. Thanks for your reply.
I am 22 years old, but I feel so tired all the time. Also recently I am not able to sleep properly. I feel weak and my nose feels blocked all the time. What is wrong with me? Please help.
From last some weeks I am observing blood with saliva brownish and yellowish saliva after waking up from sleep I visited Ent he says Ent is ok besides tinnitus of Mri is ok I done several tests all tests normal One doctor says it is due to hemotypsis Recommends me to take esol l + antacids syrup Now I am recovering to some extent I want to know what is exact problem My lft cbc kft tft usg x ray Malaria parasite tests normal Hepatitis a b c e normal Endoscopy done in feb 17 normal At that time blood was not coming I am non drinker Non smoker No respiratory problem Taking pantop dsr from last few years Please suggest me any medicine so that this problem can get cured Thanks.
I am a 60 year old male. In February this year, I was admitted in the hospital diagnosed with Typhoid and Malaria. Due to the heavy drugs and antibiotics, every time I lie down I get a burning sedation in the gullet and throat. This settles down if I sit up. Please advice me on what treatment I should take. Thanking you. Mohan Peter.
I had an left ear operation two years ago. After the operation when ever I sleep on my left side. My head starts spinning. I had consulted my doctor about it he said it is nothing serious and will stop. But it hasn't. Am I having some sort of brain problem or.
I am suffering from sinusitis how to pure this problem and I having headache also, pls tell me how to pure this problem.
Ear aches are a very painful condition, which tends to affect mostly children. However, adults can be affected by ear aches as well, which can disrupt their routines and be quite painful. Let's have a look at some of the aspects of ear aches in adults.
Causes of ar aches in adults
There are many causes for ear aches in adults and it may vary from one person to another. However some general causes of ear aches in adults are listed below:
- Infections within the body: If you have a throat infection or cold, it could trigger an ear ache as a side effect. Treating the underlying problems will, thus reduce the ear ache or it will go on its own when the symptoms of the cold subside.
- Ear canal injury: Adults are most often guilty of putting in sharp objects to clean their ear canal, which may result in an injury and also lead to infections. These injuries can also be infected and cause fluid discharge and ear aches.
- Blockages caused by the regular use of ear buds: Using ear buds or other sharp objects to clean the ear will only result in pushing the ear wax further into the ear. This will result in blockages of the ear canal and cause ear aches.
- Dental problems: Certain dental problems, such as wisdom tooth growth can result in problems. Even gum disorders have been known to create ear aches in adults.
- Jaw pain and facial pain: Jaw pain and even facial nerve pain has been known to affect ears and cause aches as well.
Symptoms that may accompany ear aches
Depending on what the causes of the ear aches are, the symptoms may vary. Still, let's have a look at some of the known common symptoms of ear aches in adults:
- Irritability and lack of focus: Ear aches may initially manifest as a headache and make the person irritable.
- Poor sleep: Fluids may build up within the body and thus cause issues while sleeping as the fluids may shift from one area to another.
- Ear drainage: If in case fluids build up, they may drain from your ear, which could vary anywhere within yellow to dark brown colour. This may even indicate that your eardrum is ruptured.
- Hearing problems: Fluid buildup or other underlying causes may also cause hearing difficulties.
- Fever: Sometimes, fever may run as high as 104 degree C due the very infections, which may be causing the ear ache.
Whatever may be the cause, if you have ear aches for sustained periods without underlying reasons, you should visit your doctor immediately to get it checked out, so that appropriate treatment can start quickly.