Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok C. ShroffYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I am suffering from short sightedness. What should I do to avoid increasing my specs number! Please tell me.
I am a teenager wearing spectacles from 10 years. Now my eyes power is -7. What exercises/therapies can I do to reduce eye power.
I am 22 year male, I have red eyes from two days what can I do, please suggest me some best tricks or medicine.
Heavy feeling in eyes from past 3-4 days. What should I do? No itching but burning sensation is there.
Yesterday night when I was sleeping I got some kind of dust in my eyes. So I rubbed off few times and went back to sleep. When I woke up in the morning. My left eye was bulged and reddish. There is no irritation and I can see clearly too but my eye was bulged. I did nothing the whole day and the bulgeness reduced but still my eye Is reddish. What should I do?
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.
I have baby girl and she is one years old now. We observered a light squint in her left eye. Does this get corrected with time ? Do we need to consult any doctor to get it corrected ?
I have a eye problem from many time and it can not pain but I have to solve this please give me a right solution.
The ability to see is one of our greatest powers and it needs to be valued and looked after. Sometimes this involves wearing glasses to improve our vision. Spectacles not only help us see better but also prevent straining and further deterioration of the eye muscles. Here are a few signs to watch out for that will indicate your need for spectacles. Keep in mind however that a comprehensive eye exam is the only way to determine the power required for your spectacles.
- Blurred vision
Blurred vision or the inability to focus on something in the distance is one of the first signs or eye deterioration. When it comes to children, watch out for complaints of inability to read the writing on class blackboards.
- Frequent headaches
Unexplained headaches that come and go could be a sign that you need glasses. These headaches can usually be felt at the end of a long day or after watching television.
- Constant squinting
Squinting is a natural way to improve vision. This is because the act of squinting reduces extra light and light scattering thus allowing us to see something clearer. Thus, if you notice yourself squinting more than usual it is time to schedule an eye exam.
- Difficulty working on a computer
Struggling to read figures and words on a computer screen is usually a sign of poor vision. Try adjusting your screen angle and the distance of the screen from your eyes to see if your vision improves or worsens.
- Difficulty adjusting to lights
Sudden increased sensitivity to lights can be a sign of many eye disorders with vision problems being the most common.
- Eye strain
Occasional pain in the eyes after a long day or as a result of an allergic reaction is nothing to worry about. However, if this pain persists for a few days, it could be an indication that you need spectacles.
Deterioration of vision is usually a very gradual process and so you may not realize when it begins. However, the earlier you start wearing corrective glasses to improve your vision the easier it will be to control the deterioration of the eye muscles and you may even be able to rectify your condition completely. So, do not ignore any of these warning signs. Even if you do not have any of these symptoms, it is a good idea to get a thorough eye examination at least once a year.
Sir sometime my eyes become red when I go outside in sun. Some time suddenly I get some pain in closing of my eyes. So please help me out.
Sir I am suffering from stye for the last five years. Can you please suggest me what should be done?
I have a little problem. I am facing red eyes for 2days, I used pataday drop twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
The problem of baggy eyes are characterized by puffiness or swelling under your eyelids. Common factors like aging and genetics are often responsible for the development of under eye bags. It makes your eyes appear swollen due to fluid buildup in the blood vessels that are present around your eyes. Since the skin around your eyes is extremely delicate, which makes it prone to the development of puffiness.
The following are 4 ways that can restore the life of your eyes:
- To reduce the fluid retention: Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water on a regular basis, as water aids in flushing out the excessive salt from your system that is responsible for the development of puffy eyes. In order to reduce the risk of fluid retention, keep your head elevated while you sleep with the help of pillows.
- To treat dark circle and baggy eyes: One of the simplest homemade remedies to lessen the appearance of dark circles and baggy eyes is through the utilization of fresh cucumber or potato slices. Place the slices of either potato or cucumber on your eyes and keep it on for 5 to 10 minutes; follow the regime on a regular basis. It is proven to provide satisfactory results in lessening the severity of puffiness and dark circles.
- To reduce the swelling: Place frozen tea bags on your closed eyes for 10-15 minutes. It will reduce the persistent swelling in the eye region. Ice compresses or chamomile tea, sage broth and green tea can also be utilized to treat the swelling effectively.
- Long term prevention: A balanced diet and proper rest can help to prevent the appearance of baggy eyes and dark circles in the long run. Incorporate a lot of fresh green and leafy vegetables and seasonal fruits in your diet. Follow a diet that is low in carbohydrate content and comprises of nuts and whole grains, which are rich in vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin E. Avoid excessive intake of sodium, especially the ones that contain different types of added preservatives. Carbonated and caffeinated drinks tend to increase the risk of developing baggy eyes therefore; it is advisable to keep its consumption to minimum. Get at least 8 hours of sound sleep to ensure proper rest for your eyes as lack of adequate rest tends to aggravate the problem of baggy eyes.