Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish Vijay BakshiYour feedback matters!
My mother got a small wound inside the left chest in 2012. Doctor did operation for that n removed the waste piece which has formed. She used medicines for 11months. Then stopped using medicines. Now 4months back repeated the same. cancer tests n all did in NRI hospital. Report was gud. It is not cancer. Again they did operation and removed that wound ball. Is this repeats like this? What is the permanent cure for this? She has diabetes since her 38years age only, b. P. From 1yr. Please give me the correct solution.
What quantity of cranberry one should have everyday My father (86 years) suffering from prostate, he has a suprapubic catheter inserted, will it help him he suffers from severe pain and burning sensation due to infection. I have tried many things. He cannot be operated.
Hello doctor, my grandpa having throat cancer, last month surgery also done. But now hole mouth heated with some equipment and it gets spoiled. Only liquid foods via nose tube. Say any permanent solution.
I am suffering with liver cancer and it is in the final stage. 1st four cycles of chemotherapy is scheduled after every 15 days. Two cycles of chemotherapy is already done. I read on the internet about Soupsop/ Graviola fruit. It is said to be more effective than chemotherapy and it is in demand for cancer patients nowadays. As per the internet articles and reviews it can be consumed simultaneously with chemotherapy. I want to know should I start consuming Soursop fruit juice or Soursop tea? What will be more effective juice or tea or both together? What is the consumption pattern/Dosage for the same? Can it be consumed simultaneously with chemotherapy? Thank You.
Once the reality of the positive pregnancy test sets in, dreaming about the yet-to-arrive begins. Curiosity about gender, options for names, ways to manage, shopping ideas, etc., begin to get discussed. And then totally out of the blue the news comes that there is a miscarriage. This is one of the most depressing phases. It is very important for the family to be around and support each other. While the entire family is upset and hurt over the news, the mother needs most care as there is just not emotional but a huge physical component also to the episode. On the other hand, remember that miscarriages are extremely common, and is no indication of a fertility issue.
The first step would be to diagnose and confirm the miscarriage. After that, depending on whether it was complete or incomplete, some medical intervention might be required. In most cases, medications like misoprostol are given to expel the uterine contents. These help by clearing out the contents in about a couple of days' time. In some cases, a D and C might be required if your doctor suspects that medication will not suffice. This also helps identify if there is any issue in the uterus that could have caused the miscarriage.
While the above takes care of the physical part, the emotional component also requires cautious management. Needless to say, this is trickier than the earlier one.
- Mourn to your heart's content - When you have nursed a life within you and have lost it, it is very normal to cry for its loss. There would be a mix of emotions - shock, denial, confusion, anger, grief, depression, etc. Take some solace from that fact that this is nature's way of removing unhealthy fetuses.
- Get someone to talk to - Need not be your husband, but anybody whom you can talk to without having to watch words. A sibling, a good friend, a close relative - your choice. Make sure you don't pick ones who will judge and sympathize with you. More than sympathy, you need someone understanding and knowledgeable.
- Socialize more - As you would have kept to yourself post your positive test, use this time to socialize more and meet friends whom you have not regularly been in touch with. Close family members, your children (if you already have), society groups, movie groups, etc., help to a great extent.
- Formal medical counseling: If you are not able to cope with your regular circle of family and friends, try seeking professional advice from counseling.
- Spirituality - Whether you believe in temple or churches, spend some time there. Involve in some religious activity if you would like, this helps very often.
As much as it is painful and traumatic, it is not very uncommon or unnatural. Get back on your feet, the sooner you do, the better.
Before 9 month my father 1st time diagnosed with MULTIPLE MYELOMA at that time his blood plasma was 15%. 24 weeks treatment was given to him with BORTECAD 2mg (cadila pharma) Injection. Now doctor saying that its response is good and no more chemo therapy is required just to continue some other medicines. Now can he live a life as before or is there any other factors for which we need to be worried? Now his age is 61.
Sir, I am 29 years. I have problem of frequent urination though I didn't drink much excess water. Is it any signs of any abnormalities with prostate?
Any protective remedies of enlarged prostate gland - age 55 male- frequent urination - normal colour - odourless - feeling some residual is still in - to clear pressure through finger helps - check and release technique.
What are the common cause of ovary cancer (malignant burner tumour of ovary) and symptoms does and don't.
My father is 65 years old, he is thyroid cancer pationt and surjary in 2012. Next every 6 monts treet in radio iodine theropy. Is ok but still 1 month back pet scan report his cancer spred metastatic in lung & bone. 15 days back radiotion in bone. Next how please tell me.
How a man recovery to cancer which is dangerous disease now a days and what is the reason for the cancer.
If there is breast cancer lump you have in your breast can this affects your all body if it's not increased in size?
I am a patient of overy cancer. I had done full treatment ie; surgery and chemotherapy. Now my CA 125 is 6.5. please suggest me that what I should do or eat to control it and live a healthy life.
Mera dost kabhi bhi saraf aur cigrette nahi pita hai. Usko blood cancer kis liye huaa. Aur koi reasons aur solution do plz.
What are the most common skin cancers? What are the warning signs of skin cancer? What are the treatments for skin cancer? Is skin cancer becoming more common? What are some of the risk factors? What can we do to protect ourselves from the sun?
Radiotherapy is a kind of treatment that kills the cancer cells by using high energy beams. Specialists use radiotherapy to treat a wide range of lung cancer. For early stage lung cancer, the radiotherapy may get rid of the cancer totally. For the small cell lung cancer you may have radiotherapy only. Then again you may have it with another treatment, for example, chemotherapy or surgery.
For small cell lung cancer, radiotherapy is used with or after chemotherapy. Chemotherapy makes the tumor in the lung shrink. You may have radiotherapy to your cerebrum, which tackles any cancer cells that may have spread to the brain. This is called prophylactic cranial illumination (PCI). In case of advanced lung cancer, the treatment contracts the tumor and controls it for a while. It additionally decreases symptoms like shortness of breath.
The types of radiotherapy used for the lungs include:
Outer radiotherapy: This kind of radiotherapy comes from a machine and is administered to the body through an external source. It depends on the kind of cancer and the progression of the same. You may have three radiotherapy sittings every day for around 12 days. This sort of radiotherapy is known as CHART ceaseless hyperfractionated quickened radiotherapy. A few people with small cell lung cancer may have treatment twice a day. If you are getting radiotherapy to control the side effects of lung cancer, you may have a single treatment or day by day medications for up to 3 weeks.
Inner radiotherapy: This is called brachytherapy or endobronchial treatment. This will be administered during a bronchoscopy. The radiation is given through a thin tube that the specialist puts inside your aviation route for a few of minutes. Specialists use this sort of treatment to shrink a tumor that is blocking or pushing your breathing track and making breathing troublesome for you.
These are some of the procedures that take place while you are having lung cancer radiotherapy:
- Radiotherapy machines are enormous. The machines are fixed in one position or are sometimes ready to go around your body to give treatment from various angles.
- Prior to your first treatment, your radiographers will clarify what you will hear and see. The treatment room normally have docks for you to connect to music players. So you can listen to your own choice of music.
- You cannot feel radiotherapy when you really have the treatment. It takes anything from one second to a few minutes. It is essential to lie similarly situated every time, so the radiographers may take a short time to get you prepared.
- Once you are in the right position, the staff will allow you to sit in the space for a couple of minutes. They watch you constantly on a closed circuit TV screen. They may request that you hold your breath or take shallow breaths during the treatment.