Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
There is always the constant attempt to look better and more appealing. To this effect, smile designing is one particular specialty of cosmetic dentistry with the sole aim of improving a person's smile.
Photographs of various angles, jaw tracing analysis, and simulation of images on the computer are all used to arrive at an optimal size, shape, contour of the jaw and the teeth that can produce the best smile for a given patient. These changes are then replicated on paper and tooth models if required and detailed discussion happen with the patient. Thorough patient counseling is done before initiating work at smile designing.
Some parameters that are manipulated to produce a good smile designing are as follows - first the tooth per se followed by the soft tissues:
- Tooth color: In most cases, the tooth color is changed using tooth whitening material or laser. Trust the dentist to achieve a balance between whiteness of the tooth and natural look. In some cases, silver amalgam fillings may be replaced with composite restorations to improve the appearance. Bridges with metal backup may be replaced with complete ceramic crowns too.
- Tooth alignment: Crooked or misshaped teeth can be corrected using veneers in minor cases and by orthodontic braces in severe cases. Again, if the patient is very conscious, aesthetic ceramic braces (read more about braces) can be used.
- Tooth length: If too much or too less of a tooth is showing during a smile, that needs to be corrected too. Longer teeth are considered to produce a younger appearance than short teeth, which usually is associated with old age and wear and tear. The gums can be reshaped as a part of crown lengthening.
- Missing teeth: Teeth that are missing produce a very bad smile and need to be replaced at the earliest for a better smile. Depending on various factors including age and bone health, the choice could be a crown or a bridge or an implant.
- Tooth ratio: When a person smiles, the front tooth are the most obvious and should have a ratio of length to width as 4 to 5. This produces a balanced smile.
- Tooth texture: Mottling or rough edges on the tooth surface can be corrected by veneers or small composite restorations. As regards the soft tissues.
- Gum line: The smile is reproduced on tracing and corrections are made to produce a better smile, even if it requires gum corrections.
- Fuller lips and cheeks: Surgical procedures or chemicals may be used to produce fuller lips and cheeks that improve a person's smile.
The next time you are not happy with your smile, visit a dentist. With so many parameters that affect your smile, a little correction could produce a better smile! If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
I am a 28 yrs old male suffering from loose bleeding gums. Off late, I have undergone teeth scaling but I am afraid the same problem is going to arise. What precautions should I take?
Hi sir. I am mokhtar. And I have teeth pain problem. Bump in throat. And red spot on tongue. Please help me. If you will provide whatsap no.
Smoking or consuming smokeless tobacco is very harmful for your teeth. It can lead to various oral diseases like oral cancer, gingivitis, periodontitis and tooth decay.
Sir I am suffering from lefjaw side portion swelling. Since last 5 days or 6 days Although I did not got any sort of pain and injury in that portion. I consult a dentist and he done opg x-ray and said there is no problem except 8th tooth s erupting. He prescribed Clavam 625mg 1×2 5 days Vito m 1×2 5 days And a pain killer on s. O which I am not taking As I have no pain at all. Please tell me take measures to subside swelling soon and is the prescription OK.
I am 21 years old and male. I have bad smell in my mouth above 10years. Please give me a solution for this.
I would like to know about teeth replacement. What I mean is when I was 7th standard I lost one of my front teeth in some accident. Then after three years replacement that teeth with artificial teeth (which is fixed) now my problem is that teeth is become loose. If I eat mutton it's moving. I forgot to tell you now my age is 24. Please suggest me which operation is best to replacement (I don't want to remove every day. That's should be fixed. Please help me out.
Hi, I am 30 years old, male and I have a pain in my left gum (mouth) for last 1 months. What should I do?
Sir, my daughter is 3 years old, having dental problem, 6 month pehle woh khelte khelte gir gayi thi, samne upar ke teen daant aadhe tut gaye hain aur ek daant ke upar se bar bar funsii(acne) type ka gand bhar ja raha hai, hamne child specialist and do alag alag dentist ko dikhaya hai but woh problem ab bhi thik nhi ho rahi. Antibiotic medicine do bar de chuke hain.
From long time my mouth is getting very dry and due to which my inner skin of my mouth is coming under my teeth. I drink lot of water but problem remains the same. I done a sugar test and the level of my sugarpp is 70, I have started taking medicine but problem has not been soved. Please suggest.
I am 22 years old. I have problem in my teeth, its getting yellow and when I eat something its pain. Please suggest me some tips what should I do?
I wish to know about teeth brace my doctor do that about one week before. My mouth is so projecting to front now. If I make a rubber band and put in front side. My lower teeth will go fastly doctor. Its my question? can I use rubber band now ?
Why are Milk teeth important?
As milk teeth fall out, it is a common misconception that they do not matter.
The primary teeth have a number of important roles:
• Essential in the first step of digesting food: chewing, biting and grinding
• Allow good pronunciation and speech habits
• Encourage normal development of the jaw bones and muscles
• Ensure there is enough room for permanent teeth to erupt
• Help your child feel comfortable about the way he/she looks
• Guide the permanent teeth to erupt at the correct position in the dental arch since the permanent teeth grow under the milk teeth
• Also, your child's general health can be affected if diseased baby teeth aren't treated.
Remember, some milk molars are not replaced until age ten to fourteen, so they must last for years
What would happen if milk teeth are not taken care of?
Tooth decay and disease present in milk teeth can cause pain and discomfort and can easily pass on to permanent teeth as they erupt. Milk molars remain in the mouth until around 10 to 12 years of age with lots of opportunity to pass decay on to their new permanent neighbors. If it spreads to the root, an infection in a decayed milk tooth can damage the developing permanent tooth lying directly underneath. Consequently, the permanent tooth may erupt either in the wrong position or may not erupt at all i.e. it may remain embedded in the gums.
Why a Pediatric Dentist?
In the same way that paediatricians are trained to meet a child's medical needs, a paediatric dental specialist is uniquely qualified to protect your child's oral health. Paediatric dentists have an additional two to three years of training at university paediatric facilities in addition to four year of dental study. They know how to deal with the behavioural aspects of children, how to make them feel comfortable, and to make the experience pleasant. Also, they are trained and qualified to treat special needs patients. Paediatric dentists have a holistic approach of handling a child patient whereby the dental visit becomes a pleasant experience and not a nightmare. The very reason they are well versed with the psychology of the child which aids in execution of treatment effectively & efficiently simultaneously instilling a positive dental attitude in those little ones