Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish ParekhYour feedback matters!
I am 27 yrs. Old I got married 6 months back. I got regular periods but this month it was late by 4 days and stays only for 2 days and very less flow. Now I am feeling heaviness, pressure and little pain in lower abdomen. Plzz. Help me out why this happens.
I am 43 years old female moving towards menopause, my cycle is irregular at present. I get my periods once in 4-5 months. Queries are 1. Do I need to visit a gynac. (no issues with heavy bleeding or clots). 2. I want to loose weight but nothing seems to be working (i cannot diet) 3. My right knee is getting stiff difficult to fold. Please suggest medicines if needed Thank You Ms. Rakhee.
I am 31 yrs old unmarried female I want 2 knw how to maintain a balance of hormones naturally without medicines. Is a 2 day period normal or is a matter of concern. Also advice hw often shld visit doctor for routine chk up.
Hello, I'm 22 years old had sex with my boyfriend on Dec since my date of periods is 17 th I haven't got my periods nearly 1.5 months over I even tried pregnancy test but 2 times also got a negative results I took meprate tablets for 5 days along with that I'm taking iron tablets also and haven't got my periods I'm very scared that I am pregnant Can I take hemoglobin test is there any chance of knowing that we r pregnant pls suggest I'm very scared of this as my mom vl take to hospital But I have symptoms of back pain stomach pain flowing of white liquid.please advice
I am 13 weeks pregnant and the doctors have advised lots of water and fluids. However, I have always been low on intake of water. I try to take fluids in form of coconut water and soup but will it do any harm to the baby if I am unable to intake 10 to 12 glasses everyday?
The word detox simply means to get rid of toxic or unhealthy substances. For many people when they hear the word detox, they immediately jump to physical detoxification. We don’t remember that our minds too need to detoxify. When our mind is cluttered and stressed it gives rise to more negative attitudes and a harmful mentality. Therefore, it is necessary to cleanse your outlook and your mind to lead a more fruitful and positive life.
There are numerous way in which you can detoxify your mind. Try the following methods to detox your mind:
1. Declutter your life
Get rid of all the things in your life which are no longer useful to you. When you rid yourself of unnecessary items you are creating room for better opportunities to come your way. A decluttered life gives you more breathing room which will reduce your stress levels and encourage a more positive attitude.
2. Keep a gratitude journal
Write down 5 things you are grateful for at the end of every day. They do not have to be life changing, they can be everyday events that make you smile. For example, being grateful that you made someone laugh today.
While it’s true that exercising has great physical benefits, it has great mental benefits too. Exercise releases endorphins which are feel good hormones. These hormones help the brain re-write itself in positive ways which gives you a more positive attitude. It helps you destress and can also help in dealing with depression.
4. Start appreciating the little things
Start noticing the everyday small goals you achieve. This helps build your self-confidence and self-esteem. When your self-esteem rises, you start to feel better about yourself and start to put away the toxic, negative feelings you have towards either yourself or others.
5. Practice relaxation techniques
Take 15 minutes of your day and try to practice some relaxation techniques. This could include meditation, acupuncture or yoga. Engaging in these activities help in calming your mind and ridding your body of stress and angst. Yoga has been proven to help reduce the symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress.
I am not conceiving, and we are trying for last 6 months, my periods are regular and primary test are normal for conceiving. After that some ultrasounds (tvs follicle) were taken and the result was. First month there was a cyst formed and ovulation occur and doctor gave me medicine nd second month cyst did not formed but still ovulation did not occur. Doc gave me medicines for 2 months. Please help.
Do you wonder why suddenly at times you go on a zero sex drive? it could happen even when your chemistry with your partner is fine, nothing is heaving on your mind, and you are otherwise healthy too. Only you just don't feel like having sex. This might have to do with what you are eating.
Here are some of the foods which can kill your sex drive.
1. Diet soda - while staying fit is an excellent idea, drinking diet sodas with artificial sweeteners can be absolute mood killers as they directly affect the levels of serotonin, a hormone which assists you in reaching the zone.
2. Caffeine - it certainly increases stamina for sex. However, for someone who is already nervous, this would mean increased anxiety which in turn would lower the sex drive. Overdose of coffee is known to increase one's stress hormone levels, too, affecting one's sex drive.
3. Chocolate - this is surprising since chocolate is known as an aphrodisiac. A study has shown that since it stimulates love and euphoria, it might also suppress, at times the testosterone levels in the body.
4. Mint - while mint is a good way to clear your breath after a meal, the menthol in it is also known to lower the testosterone. This lowers your sex drive.
5. Popcorn - when popcorn is made in the microwave and eaten, it could totally kill the mood for sex, especially in men. Research suggests that the bag's lining has chemicals which kill sex drive and in the long term can also cause prostrate problems.
6. Cheese - if made of cow's milk, cheese contains a lot of synthetic hormones which are known to mess with human body's natural hormone production that primarily includes testosterone and estrogen.
Recently I had a sex with a married woman. She had two childrens. This is first time for me. Sir, could you please advice me did I get any diseases?
I am 25 years. I got unbearable pain during menstruation. In that I faint sometimes. I consult with a doctor. He said it's due to swelling and hormonal disturbances. Can it be possible the reason he gave me. And how can I get rid from this problem during painful time. What should I do to overcome this problem. Kindly advise.
Hi! I had sex in March den I had pill and I get periods within a week then my next period occur at July and now m not having my periods and between dis time interval I never had sex still my periods are irregular. Why so?
Hi, I am married Wants to conceive, we had intercourse on 17th Feb my dates came on 11 Feb now I must not feeling well pain in lower abdominal, dizzy etc. Please suggest do I have symptoms or what?
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
- Imbalance in the level of calcium : Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmful for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone:The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme, which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+), which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar, such as
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time, but unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases.