Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashish Parekh
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish ParekhYour feedback matters!
I have a painful period cramps can I take cyclopam tablets? Does it have any side effect? Is it fine to take every month?
Hi, Had sex on 16th august and due date was on 28th. That month I had my menses on 25th, 3 days before. For the next month I had my menses on 22nd September. Last home pregnancy test taken on 9th October and it was negative. Pregnancy can be completely ruled out. Right?
Doctor I have pcod problem doctor as suggested ovabless myo tablet If take this the period will be regular or wat.
Alzheimer's Disease is a neurological problem that is characterised by a cognitive decline and memory loss. It is a type of neurodegenerative dementia. The symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease include not being able to absorb and retain new information, lack of reasoning and judging, not being able to take on complex tasks, impaired visuospatial abilities, problems in reading, writing and speech, among many others. If a person has at least two of these symptoms in a debilitating manner, then the diagnosis can be made in favour of Alzheimer's Disease. The main causes of Alzheimer's are shrinkage of the brain size and death of the brain cells. The immune system is also said to trigger this neurodegenerative disease.
Let us find out what medical science has found so far:
- Connections: Many a times, in Alzheimer's disease, the memory and behaviour of the person changes because the brain is unable to make proper neural connections which can lead to memory loss of how a person behaved and the elements that formed the basis of the patient's cognition. Apparently, the immune system behaves in the same way within the brain and blocks the connection. This happens because there is constant communication between the brain and immune system along neurological lines, which is where the disease first emanates.
- Inflammation: The brain is prone to inflammation or swelling that is not the normal kind. This inflammation happens as a result of the activation of the infection fighting neurotransmitters and the chemical changes that happen in the brain when an infection strikes. The inflammation usually happens in the plaques or clumps which the brain tries to protect. These clumps are made up of a protein called Amyloid. The immune system is responsible for creating this inflammation in the brain of the patient.
- Pattern Recognition Receptors: Many of these receptors work in different manners and cooperate with each other to create a response in the brain. These PRRs can be found in the brain plaques, and they develop the signs of danger which further fuels the inflammation in the brain as a matter of protection.
- Activation of Cells Linked with the Immune System: When the PRRs begin to respond, it basically activates the immune system and the cells of the same. This is the basic reaction that causes the changes in brain which then leads to the attachment of the protein to the tissue that is diseased, in which case Alzheimer's Disease starts. The inflammation that we had spoken about earlier basically happens in the nervous tissue.
It is important to recognise and act on the initial signs of Alzheimer's Disease before it progresses beyond one's control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
I am 20 yrs old have pcod problem and after I eat medicines I always feel like vomiting. And I always have headache vomiting feeling before I had started with my medicine course. Please tell me what should I do to feel refreshed. Hope to listen from you soon. Thankyou!
I was 115 kg in 2013. I lost 30 kgs after doing gymimg and healthy dieting .had herbalife protien check. Till 2017 there is no problem .in jan 2018 sudden breast pain started both the breast done sono mammography .report is oky. But pain still there .started episoft e in august now pain is not there but monthly hormonal changes I can feel. Sore breast to tender breast .out of anxiety again done sonomamo in aug report oky. Still I am doing gyming but only cardio. I can not do chest exercise. Its hurts every time so stopped chest exercise. Is it normal?
Hi doctor, When my girlfriend excited for sex she feels pain in vagina. And she feel for many pain and. She takes sleeping pill for depression 5 years now she continuously take sleeping pill. What can I do Only we can sex talk do not'touch each other.
Hi I am 30 years old I am suffering from breast infection (granular mastitis likely) I had done sonomammography first after that doctor had given me Antibiotics (Amoxyllin potassium calvulanate) for 7 days and after that she prescribed me zifi turbo tablet and defzacort for 7 day and after ward she prescribed me zifi 200mg and defzacort and Gama linolenic acid tablet for 10 day ask to follow up USG but in report as compared to first there is no changes in size that infection size is same in both report but I touch that I feel it less in size as compared to before size as well as my doctor also feel it and now they suggested me to do FNAC test. What should I do pls help me and now doctor has prescribed me clarithromycin 500mg and defzacort for 10 days.
Hi I am having symptoms of pregnancy. I came to korea for one month so could not consult any doctor. I am having acidity problem and not feeling like eating anything whole day. Everytime I feel like I may puke. Is this a normal behavior. What should I prefer to eat as I have to live here for 1 more week. I have to work from 10AM till 9PM , is this so much stress? I have to travel from Korea to Bangalore so any precautions that I should take while travelling?
Causes of eating disorders and risk factors associated with them
Conditions related to the eating patterns or behavior of an individual which leave a negative impact on the health of the person are known as eating disorders. These can lead to the deficiency of sufficient nutrition in the body. The heart, the digestive system, the bones, and the teeth and the mouth are the body parts that generally get affected due to this condition.
Although the root cause is not known exactly, there are several factors which can be held responsible for causing this type of disorders likes:
1. Genetics-A person, who has parents or siblings suffering from eating disorders, has higher chances of suffering from it as well.
2. Society- In order to fit into the society, people often find it very necessary to look the best, which means being thin. Peer pressure and the worry about what people say fuels the desire, more like desperation in a person to become thin, which may lead to an eating disorder.
3. Emotional and psychological health- Problems directly linked with the psychological and emotional health of a person, like low self-esteem, impulsive behavior, relationship associated trouble and perfectionism can also lead to eating disorders.
There are certain factors which increase the risk of eating disorders.
1. Age-Anyone can suffer from this condition. However, a teenager or a young adult has higher chances of getting an eating disorder.
2. Gender- Females have higher risks of suffering from eating disorders than men.
3. Stress- Anyone who is going through any kind of emotional/mental stress has high chances of getting an eating disorder.
4. Family history-People who have a family history of this condition, i.e. their parents or siblings had suffered from it earlier, have higher chances of getting any kind of eating disorder.
5. Other mental disorders-Obsessive compulsive disorder, depression and anxiety are some mental disorders which may trigger this condition in an individual.
6. Profession-Athletes, sports persons, dancers, models or actors have higher chances of suffering from eating disorders because they always have this urge/want to look the best, so they starve themselves.
Related Tip: Can Depression Really Increase Creativity?