Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. AshishYour feedback matters!
I have a Cervical Rib on my left side. Currently no issues that I have with its presence. But need suggestions on the future with the same, what precautions which I need to take. And what would be the future effects / symptoms affecting that I may face with it. Thank you.
Dear Sir, age 30 My blood pressure is low from 1 year, more acidity problem from long time, erectile dysfunction, neck pain, chest pain and same back pain, my head some time heat and cold, my memory is being weak. So please I request you give the best suggestion about to the medicine.
Sir, I'm suffering from acute backache since last 40/45 days. Sometimes I'm taking painkiller pills as per the pharmacist's advice but that is of no use to reduce my pain. Pl suggest me proper medication.
I have an allergic reaction to some foods as also iced water and drinks. Whenever, I take a swig of cold water or drink, though I feel comforted for the moment, at night the nasal passage closes up and as advised I take levocet d or monlevo depending on severity. I was also prescribed flutifl, steam inhalations etc by doctor who said nasal sprays off the shelf are addictive. I have severe nasal blockage and wish to know if there is permanent cure to have smooth breathing and air circulation in lungs and / or if I have to only improve the physicals by yoga, inhalations exercise etc. As I have another problem that of osteo necrosis of left knee I cannot exercise much with out causing some pain and getting breathless on threadmill. Please advise. I am 62 yrs and wish to see either a chest specialist but for clearance of nasal passage or should I see an ent specialist. Please also advise if flutiflo having steroids is advisable. Thanks.
Hi my age is 26 yrs. I am getting pain and burning sensation in my left leg thigh from two month and have consulted doctor also. And he has given me pixicam 20mg tab, b12 injection and some pain killer tab for 20 days but still is same problem. Please healp me.
Sir I my daughter legs are bending inside when she is walking. What should I do? Should I go to doctor which department?
Causes and symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease, which is characterized by the inflammation of the joint lining and gives rise to pain, stiffness, warmth and redness in the joints. The inflammation occurs in the tissue that normally produces lubricating fluids for the joint. This condition is progressive in nature, and can cause the destruction of joints, leading to functional and locomotive disability.
Though rheumatoid arthritis is a disease that can last for years, patients may not experience any symptoms for a long time. In some cases, the disease may affect other parts of the body like the eyes, lungs, and the heart.
The severity and duration of the symptoms are unpredictable, and the symptoms experienced are:
- At times, people experience increased disease conditions called flare-ups.
- They may also experience alternating periods when the symptoms fade or diminish, which is referred to as remission.
- Some of the common symptoms of the disease include lasting pain and stiffness for more than an hour in the morning, inflammation, fatigue, fever, and a general sense of discomfort.
- Inflammation in the joints close to the hands like wrists and fingers and other parts like neck, shoulders, elbows, knees and hips can also be affected.
- In some cases, both sides of the body are affected at the same time, which is known as inflammation in a symmetric pattern.
Rheumatoid arthritis is usually caused by the body's weakened immune system, which produces antigens to attack itself. The trigger to this reaction is not yet clearly deciphered.
It is diagnosed by clinical examination (American association of Rheumatology criterion) supported by relevant Investigations.
Management for Arthritis includes the following aspects:
1) To control disease activity and control of symptoms of pain, stiffness.
2) Medical treatment to prevent system effects of the disease.
3) Nonmedical treatments comprise of dietary therapy, physiotherapy, immunomodulation therapy.
4) Minimal surgical therapy like arthroscopic synovectomy to confirm the diagnosis as well as reduce disease activity. At times, with the advanced decline of joints, a major surgery like replacement therapy may be required for specific cases.
What's more important is to know that at any stage of the disease patient can adopt and live an active life with appropriate treatment.
Related Tip: 3 Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis to Watch Out for