Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Allergist/Immunologists in India. You will find Allergist/Immunologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Allergist/Immunologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Asha V PhervaniYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 4 year old and she is suffering from asthma I give her inhellar daily but I could not get satisfactory status. Asthma attack in night and she vomit at that time pls suggest any medicine.
I have allergies from something but don't know. Due to my allergies my have a sever cold and running nose and cough. My chest is blocked with balgam. I am coughing balgam allot. Running nose real bad. I have not travel anywhere or meet anybody sick. Every couple of months I have this cold and get sick. I can't drink cold water or eat raw onion or any thing that like achar chatne. Been having this problem for years I am allergic to something and don't know what please recommend any good. Medication and antibiotics and what blood test I should get done.
I am suffering from dust energy. Thats why I am become very week. I am not able to do any work. I am feel tired everyday. Is there anything that can help me?
What is a symptom of asthma? Is it dangerous for life? How can we prevent himself from it? please help me answered.
I am 27 years old male having Air pollution allergy from past 2 years. Is there any permanent treatment for that?
My son is 13year old, he remain suffer from asthma in winter, also remain pain is legs in the night.
How should I lose my fat and I am 40 years old and I have the problem of asthma also? Please help me.
I get more weight pls send me answer eating schedule and get weight. But maine dust particles to allergies a.
My eyes become red when I go outside in dust or exposure to sun or watch TV under fan, what should I do?
The festival of Diwali is greeted with great pomp and splendour and along with the regular festivities, the pollution levels in the air also rise due to the ritual of bursting fire crackers. In an analysis, the rise of harmful pollutants such as sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide seemed to reveal a disturbing outcome.
The rise in pollution during Diwali affects you in the following ways:
- The PM (particulate matter which is smaller than 2.5mm) enters your lungs (learn more about lung cancer) and bloodstream and has several health impacts including chronic respiratory symptoms such as painful breathing and shortness of breath which might cause premature death.
- High sulphur dioxide levels in the air during Diwali also lead to inflammation of air passages and causes complications in respiration.
- A compound called ‘strontium’ found in the atmosphere multiplies by 120 times during the festival and causes bone damage and blood clotting ailments.
- Firecrackers contain heavy metals which are toxic to the human body and the amount of magnesium in the air goes up by 22x, which poses a significant threat to all forms of life.
- The noise pollution also rises during the festival and in extreme cases, can permanently damage one’s hearing.
However, there are a few measures you can undertake to steer clear of the excessive pollutants present in the air:
- Limit the amount of time you spend outdoors even while exercising. This is because the air remains contaminated, days after all the festivities get over and the pollutants take a very long time to dissipate.
- Even on the road, drive with the windows of your car rolled up to avoid intake of adulterated air and use a face mask if you are a two-wheeler rider.
- Plant a lot of green plants inside your house as they purify the air you are breathing and ensure a supply of fresh oxygen.
- Install an air purifier in the room to make sure you breathe in fresh, uncontaminated oxygen when you sleep. The air purifier will also help in lessening your respiratory complications.
Also, in case you notice any respiratory or breathing problem, it is advisable that you consult a pulmonologist, to rule out serious health issues.