Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asha V Perwani
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Asha V PerwaniYour feedback matters!
Dear sir, I'm a boy of age 16 years and 6 months and my height is 166 cm. I really want to increase my height and also have been doing exercises for long but now for a long period of tym my height hasn't increased. I weight 56 kg and I am a vegetarian. Kindly suggest what to do so as to increase my heht in these years. Thankyou.
We have a 4 years old son, on the time of delivery he was born delayed and he was suffered from blood clots back side of skull and synopsis. He was admitted in the hospital for 13 days. Now he is getting sufficient food e. G. Roti, vegetable, milk fruits. At the time of that he just through it and run away but he is running or playing all the day, we don't know where he get the energy. Another thing he has become a very short temper if we are preventing to him for do any thing he sought loudly crying and throw what he has in hand or found nearby on us. After 4 years still he is not having proper voice or communicate with us except mammi x papa, dada, dadi, uncle or common words. We had visited to pediatrics for consulting, he was just said" he is all right and no need to worry some child may have late communicate" We are much worried about him and his future as he is not taking proper food as well as his voice problem. Please suggest what we can do? Is there any problem?
My daughter child age is 4 months started, he is started to roll over lie on tummy, he is drinking 120 ml every 3 hours, I think this is not enough for him, can I feed him cerelac rice or wheat.
I have stopped feeding my baby. I have very good stimulation of milk. I feel fullness in my breast. Do I need to visit my gyn for any precautionary aspect. Pls do suggest.
Hi actually this is about my daughter she is suffering from cough, cold from last one week and also she is not eat properly its a big and difficult task for us to feed her please give me some good solution. Thanks.
My baby who is one and half year old has right leg shorter than left (2 cm difference). What type of treatment should need?
Hello doctors, My son is 4 years old. Whenever he travels in car and especially when ac is on he vomits. Kindly suggest remedy.
Stomach aches or abdominal pains are one of the most frequently reported health complaints faced by children. Children below the age of twelve are known to suffer from recurrent stomach pain. While pains such as these lead to momentary discomfiture, they also lay the path for graver worries if neglected for too long. Your child may feel sick and bunk school for two days; rest and home care can restore his or her health, but that in no way, is the best suited way of dealing with the situation. If tummy aches resurface over a certain period of time, parents should be cautious enough to look for the root cause and should try to eliminate it accordingly.
Widely noticed causes of stomach aches in children:
- Unhygienic food can affect the child’s digestive system.
- Intolerance to a certain food item should not be overlooked.
- Perpetual anxiety can make the tummy twist and turn.
- Urinary Tract Infections can also lead to acute abdominal pain.
- Serious factors such as gallstones or appendicitis could also be present. Immediate expert consultation is advised in such a case.
- Caffeine and packaged soft drinks can be harmful.
- Butter, ghee and other greasy products can trigger tummy aches.
Ways to treat tummy aches in children:
- Keep children away from gas producing food items: Food that is hard to digest should be avoided. Lentil soup or dal should only be consumed in limited amounts to prevent the formation of gas. Don’t let your child have too many nuts regularly.
- Keep them hydrated: Fluid intake should be monitored. A child should drink at least six to seven glasses of water per day. Fruit juices or soups can also be given to them alongside main meals. This helps digestion.
- Do not stack up food in one go: Eating a lot in one meal is a bad way of satisfying hunger. Have smaller meals in more numbers. Six to eight meals will keep your child full and will also eliminate chances of acid reflux which happens either due to an empty stomach or too much piling up of greasy food.
- Timely check - up with the doctor: If tummy aches refuse to go away, take your child to a doctor for a thorough check- up. Administer medicines as prescribed by the physician.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!