Find numerous Anesthesiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Asha ShahYour feedback matters!
At the time of sleeping at night from my knee to foot is pain. I can not full sleep at night due to pain. And my another problem is I take water 2 ltr approx daily.
My mother is having a joint pains since last year, she also consulted many doctors, but all went in vain, can you suggest any remedy for that?
My mother (Age 51, weight 69 kg) has osteoarthritis and the synovial fluid of the right knee (Arthritis grade 4) is nearly gone but the bones of the left leg started to bend and paining more severe from 2 month on wards. And BMD results shows osteoporosis (T-Score = -4.06) (Z Score = -2.63) but uric acid (3.7 mg/dL) and serum calcium is normal. She also has mild diabetes and High BP (140/80). Should we go for the knee replacement surgery or is there any alternative ayurvedic treatment of it? And Can knee replacement surgery successful in osteoporosis bones?
I have a question to my respected team. I am having a pain in my left leg as my left thumb has swallowed for over 3 days. I don't know how it happened. Do I take medicine for it or consult with a Dr. First. This is caused to wear shoes.
What is the meaning of this sentence" markedly increased scintigraphic activity noted in the medial aspect of the right knee joint. Suggested pathological correlation to exclude recurrence"
Dear sir There is a pain in my shoulder. please give me a solution for it. I am very sad. Please help me.
Hey doc, I turned 18 6 months back. I'm a December, 1997 born. I'm 5'10 now, even my dad is the same but he has broader shoulders. So will I still grow taller and wider? P I also workout regularly.
I am a 25 year old man having backache from 2 months and I have used several medicines and prescribed tubes but didn't got any change what should I do finally.
I have pain in underarms not able to move my hand. This problem occurs before period times a consulted out near my doctor but no use so please tell me the whats this problem is.
My daughter was injured by a cycle Tyre hitting her feet about 14 days back. We went to two orthopedic doctors one after another. Both of them found no fracture but soft tissue damage. She is taking pain killer, applying ointments and hot and cold pack treatment. But till now she is feeling pain on her upper part of the feet and unable to walk. Please help.
Calcium is good for bones but it’s not so good when it displaces on the bone forming the underside of your heel, causing painful heel spurs. The pain caused by heel spurs can be either sharp or dull. It usually worsens after jogging or walking and is acute when people get out of bed in the morning.
Heel spurs may be in the form of small bony protrusions or irregular growths on the heel bone.
These are more often in men and women who are older. But that’s not all, anyone can get a heel spur and athletes especially runners are especially susceptible. When the heel is subjected to constant wear and tear, heel spurs can form.
How do heel spurs develop?
To protect the surrounding heel tissue from damage, cells that specialise in forming bone reach the spot and start depositing calcium. This leads to the formation of a heel spur over a period of months.
Heel spurs are painful, but not always. There are many cases where they go undiagnosed and are only detected by X-ray.
- Lopsided walking leading to excessive strain on the heel bone, ligaments and nerves
- Repeated running, jogging or jumping on hard surfaces
- Wearing poorly fitted shoes that lack appropriate arch support
7 Ways To Get Rid Of heel spurs
- Rest- Avoiding movement of the affected foot is a good way to reduce heel pain and stiffness. Massaging linseed and coconut oil onto the painful heel and then relaxing is even better.
- Baking soda- This is a good home remedy for heel spurs. Baking soda contains crystals that help reduce calcium deposits in the bottom of the heel bone. It also reduces pain and inflammation.
- Icing- Ice packs help reduce heel pain and control inflammation and swelling associated with heel spurs and also relaxes muscles.
- Anti-inflammatory medications- These medications relieve heel pain but they shouldn’t be used for longer periods as they can lead to gastrointestinal problems like leaky gut, bleeding and symptoms of an ulcer.
- Steroid injection- This provides some relief from the pain but if the injection is given wrongly, there can be nerve damage and the symptoms can get worse.
- Cryoultrasound- This is an innovative electro-medical device that uses cryotherapy and ultrasound therapy to treat pain. It reduces pain and spasms and improves blood circulation and cell renewal.
- Surgery- Surgery can be effective but only when it’s done at the right time. It’s also an expensive procedure. Heel spurs can form again after surgery if the patient continues the lifestyle that led to the problem. There are several complications associated with surgery too like nerve damage, infection, permanent numbness etc.
Because of the limitations of conventional therapies, people with heel spurs look for natural remedies for heel pain like using Epsom salts and supplementing with magnesium and vitamin B for nerve and bone formation.