Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Asha MakdeYour feedback matters!
He is 4 years old pomeranian dog. Weight 8 kg approx. He is losing his air in large amount everyday. He lives in my personal room. I feed him puppy gravy n eggs. N he never be in contact wid any stray dog. I gave him neomec injection. But I did not find any result. So please help. My dog. Tell me the best medicine and injection. Please.
It is recommended that every pet should receive a general health evaluation once in 6 months. A preventive health visit should cover following aspects:
• Vaccination status
• Parasite control for intestinal parasites, ear mites, ticks and fleas.
• Dental health – care you give at home; any mouth odours, pain, or other signs of disease you may have observed
• Nutrition – including what your dog eats, how often, what supplements and treats are given, and changes in water consumption, weight, or appetite
• Exercise - how much exercise your dog receives including how often and what kind; and any changes in your dog's ability to exercise
• Ears and Eyes – any discharge, redness, or itching
• Stomach and intestines – any vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation, gas, belching, or abnormal stools
• Breathing – any coughing, shortness of breath, sneezing, or nasal discharge
• Behaviour – any behaviour problems such as barking, changes in temperament, any obsessive behaviour, urinary accidents
• Feet and legs – any limping, weakness, toenail problems
• Coat and skin – any hair loss, pigment changes, lumps, itchy spots, shedding, mats, or anal sac problems
• Urogenital – any discharges, heats, changes in mammary glands, urination difficulties or changes, Neutering - if it has not already been performed
• Blood tests – especially for geriatric dogs, those with medical problems, and those who are receiving medications
I'm having Labrador of age 2 months when it was baby his fur is too shiny and good but now it is dull is thr any remedy for it and any tonics for his bone and body weight.
I have a 8 months old Labrador. Its fur is shedding so much, it got ticks about one Month ago, and left some spots without fur. I have used vitabest as suggested by my vet. Its of no use. Just for touching dog , my hands are full of its hair , Its shampoo is reltix. Please suggest how can I reduce its shedding. Thank you in advance.
Is there any antiviral medicine for canine distemper? Please tell me. If it works 50% also then tell me.
Why do people/student torture animals- what drives them?
Can we analaysis and find solution: let try to stop this any more in our life
As we all aware that two animals cruelty incidents happened in tamilnadu, one with the dog and another with an monkey.
Case a, 12 yrs old kid hitting cat with broomstick, their parents brought for an counseling that he has not coutesy for animal and he was killing without any guilt.
Case b, 23 yrs adult was burning a rat alive with kerosine and feeling happy to see that rat die with burn.
And there are many cases which were not recorded and submitted for case discussion.
What typically possesses them to inflict such acts of intentional animal torture and cruelty?
These are because of psychological disorders (such as anti-social/psychopathic personality disorders and engage in deliberate acts of zoosadism), and/or because they have sexually paraphilic disorders (such as crush fetishism in which small animals are crushed for sexual pleasure).
This may be common behaviour among murderers and rapists - those with psychopathic traits characterized by impulsivity, selfishness, and lack of remorse.
Animal torture and cruelty is one of the three adolescent behaviours in what is often referred to the homicidal triad , the other two being persistent bedwetting and obsessive fire-setting. The combination of two or more of these three behaviours increases the risk of homicidal behaviour in adult life.
The behaviours in the homicidal triad are often associated with parental abuse, parental brutality (and witnessing domestic violence), and/or parental neglect.
What we can do:
The best way to prevent it is teaching by example. Parents and teachers are the key and plays very important role.
Pro-social behaviour (action/behaviours intended to help others) by parents and other role models towards animals, such as rescuing spiders in the bath, feeding birds/ants, treating pets as a member of the family,
Schools and colleges can have some pet home in the campus.
These activities or act has the potential to make a positive lasting impression on children.
It's a start, lets all have at least one pet in the home make your son/ daughter to take care of them (pet therapy).
Elayaraja m. Sc, m. Phil, pgdgc, pgdha
Kavithalyaa counseling centre, ambattur, chennai-53.
My dog is vomiting water like liquid little foamy with tiny bits of blood, it happened twice, one 5 days back in the morning around 4am, then at 2am. During vomiting he collapsed and paralyzed without any movement. Both time he woke up after 5 mins and he was active. I gave him rantac and vomited (half). Please help me, I am scared, he is 12 years old. 6 months back he had UTI. He is being given Nefrotec DS 1 tabs a day from 4 months as Advised by Vet. Please Please Help me, save my boy.
I have an abandoned pigeon's new born baby. What do I feed him? How much to feed? And at what time intervals? And will it excrete by itself? Please help. Where can I get him rehabilitated?
Depression in humans is well-known and well-documented, but depression in dogs is less known and studies have not been extended up to a deep level till now. As we say dogs are better known as "humans", it is natural for them to feel low and depressed at times. Some of the dog owners must have noticed that all of a sudden their dogs start acting in a way which is very unlike them. Sometimes, they find places to hide constantly or are spotted to be sleeping all day long.
The reasons for such depression are more or less the same in every species and can be interpreted as the following:
- Abusing: Just like humans, dogs get psychologically affected by the way their owner treats them. If you abuse your dog in a way in which it was not raised up, it is sure that your dog will slip into depression and in a few cases, might display some signs of aggression too.
- Critical depression: Critical depression occurs due to some changes in the dog's body. Chemical imbalances may provoke certain behaviors; one of them could be depression. In such situations, it is recommended to take your dog to a Veterinarian in order to seek professional help.
- Grief: If your dog's companion or its known faces drift away, it affects the dog’s behavior massively and may result into depression. This is because with time, the dogs develop strong emotional bonds and it gets hard for them to handle themselves in their absence.
- Aging: Aging is another reason behind your dog's depression. It is very simple to know and understand too that your dog will not be as energetic as it was in its young days. Also, sometimes sensing that their lifespan is about to end may lead them into depression.
How To Deal With It?
By being compassionate, as most of the times your dog may feel depressed because of the treatment you offer to it. They always want to be loved and adored by their owners and this cures everything unnatural happening with them. Try to play with them whenever you come back home, feed them gently, run your fingers through their fur and be extra attentive. All of these will enlighten their mood. Alternatively, you may try out other methods like going out for a walk twice a day, let it socialize with others in the park, let it feel loved more than anything.
For critical depression and grief, it is better to take recommendation from a Veterinarian. Try being patient with your dog about everything. Not all dogs recover rapidly. Hence, before snapping at it again, give it some time and don't pressurize it for anything that comes from its master affects it the deepest. For more comfort, you may bring a new pet which would be its companion for the entire day. Be cautious about the situation and selection. Sometimes they become envious due to such occurrences. Make sure they both get along well.
Osteoarthritis is related with genetic predisposition, inherited problems or defects in bones & joints. This painful condition often requires veterinary pain killers, supplements which protects bones and joints, scientific measures like controlled exercise, swimming & physiotherapy under the veterinary medical supervision. As pollution related features can bring such disorders causing free radical damage, this problem can be managed and a quality living for the pets can be provided with the application of advanced medicines like glucosamine, chondroitin sulphate, MSM, micronutrients ete. Many commercial diets are available which can nourish pets skeletal system effectively and a good plane of nutrition can guard a pet from gaining extra body weight which aggravates osteoarthritis. A perfect dietary and lifestyle management therefore is highly essential for combating such painful disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Veterinarian.
My 6yr old Lab has dandruff.I have bathing him with medicated shampoo prescribed by his doctor.Not much of help.Please advice.
Sir,I have female greatdane dog. I observed that near to her vegina two holes with red color infection around it. Because of that she is not that active. I informed to know vet doctor and doctor will visit us within 2 days. Before even I want to understand what kind of it. Please help me out.
My 2 month old dog is puking from last night. We have him zafron on a vet advice. But it don't stop, also I see that due to some tik powder it sheds his hair very badly. Kindly suggest.
Sir my pet dog just ate a lizard and vomited all it ate, sir he is only 2 months old and I heard that it is very harmful for them, sir pls aay what can I do to help my pet?
Mouth cap/basket muzzle