Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Asha KhatriYour feedback matters!
Insomnia or sleeplessness is quite difficult to cope with and for people suffering from anxiety, it is even tougher. People suffering from anxiety remain in a state of mental and physical distress. On top of this, if they cannot sleep well because of insomnia, life becomes quite hard. Insomnia causes anxiety and also is caused due to anxiety.
Here are some simple tips to manage anxiety and insomnia:
- Maintain a schedule: Try to go to bed at the same time every night and wake up at the same time every morning. Experiment with several different bedtimes and wake up times to find out which one works best for you.
- Turn off electronic devices: Switch off all electronic devices thirty minutes before you go to bed. Electronic devices stimulate your mind and the light from the devices does not make you feel that it is time to sleep. Keep the devices away from you while going to bed.
- Dim lights: Practice dimming all lights in your house before bedtime. Change light bulbs and replace them with low wattage lights. This will enable you to have lights, although they are dim. Low lighting will make your body produce melatonin to make you prepare for sleep.
- Keep away from alcohol and smoking: Consuming alcoholic drinks before bedtime reduces your quality of sleep and you may wake up within two hours. Do not consume alcohol before bedtime. Smoking should be restricted before sleeping, as the nicotine contained in cigarettes is a stimulant, which can take away your sleep.
- Ignore caffeinated drinks: Caffeine is a stimulant and consuming caffeinated drinks before going to bed can result in losing sleep. Do not drink coffee before sleeping.
- Exercise: Exercise is a perfect solution to reduce anxiety and results in improved sleep quality. Exercise regularly during the day or three to four hours before bedtime. Yoga and meditation performed just before going to sleep are effective.
- Make a pre-sleep ritual: Try to find ways, which would help you calm your mind just before going to sleep and practice it every day. This can be reading a book, taking a hot shower or listening to your favorite songs. Your mind will be relaxed, and you will get better sleep.
- Maintain a sleep journal: Keep a sleep journal and write about the time when you go to sleep and when you wake up. Also note down the time you require to fall asleep, the number of times your sleep breaks and how your sleep was. This will enable you to observe your sleep patterns and make adjustments.
For people suffering from anxiety, added insomnia results in enhanced difficulty. One should cope with the problems properly and try to improve upon them.
I have missed my periods so i am confused whether i am pregnant or not ,i dont want unwanted pregnancy .Please suggest natural way to abort which should not effect future pregnancy
What will be consequences and side effects if mifepristone and misoprostol had taken without pregnancy and why period is not starting even after 50 days.
I have sex on six day of period next day I take unwanted 72. Now I have delayed periods my LMP is 15.3. 16. Why I have delayed periods.
My wife has two chocolate cysts in her right ovary. Out gynec had suggested an injection- Lupride Depot 3.75 for three months to reduce the size of cysts so that ovarian wall/tissues are not damaged during surgery to avoid infertility. My wife's latest period date is 19-Aug -2016 (yesterday). Her previous period date was 01-Aug-2016 and we applied the injection on 05-Aug-2016 (i.e. Within five days of period date). Her latest period has come early this time. I asked our gynec to order the second injection of Lupride Depot 3.75 today, but she said this injection cannot be taken so early, it has to be taken on 05-Sept-2016 (i.e. Same date as last month). Now we are confused if this injections needs to be taken within five days of period date or exactly once in a month (same date every month)?
Nutrition is the best option for today if you don't want to consume lots of medicines tomorrow.
If the diet is not good, medicine is of no use and if the diet is good, then medicine is of no need.
My wife has suffering from swelling on face only which keep moving on different place and eyes for last 1 month. Allergy tablets prescribe by local doctor had been already taken but no cure kindly advise for right treatment and consultation.
I am 19 years old, what are the reasons for increase in sensitivity of nipples other than pregnancy?
I am 19 years old female and I am not able to get my periods from past 2 months! I did pregnancy tests too but they remain negative. I do not know what is going on and why I am not getting my periods! please help. Or suggest me some pills or something which would help me to get my periods.
I am 6 months pregnant, my skin is white in nature but now its getting little dim. Will it be back to normal after my baby birth?
I was conceived when am 2 months pregnant having bleeding regularly and my scan show cyst and blood clot. So my baby growth is bad. Automatically aborted with continues bleeding. Now my query is what is that blood clot? Why it happen? This blood clot cause bleeding while pregnant? This blood clot affect my another baby continuously?
Hi, me and my wife have checked pregnancy check and found its positive. Its almost 3weeks after missing her periods. We checked after 15days of her normal due date and got positive result. My question here is she does not have any vomiting sensations or pain in her abdomen now. But pain was there till few days back even after 15days of her missed due date ie till we check with a kit for confirmation. As my dad is retired doctor he advised to go for a scan after 3months ie after 19may. My questions are 1. Y no vomiting sensation, 2. Do we need to check for feutus heart beat, 3. Is it enof to go for a check up after 3months. Dad advised my wife to have good healthy food and more fruits like apple, pomegranate. Please advise on my questions. Food need to take and which fruits to take fir healthy baby.
I want to kno as to how 2 combat the menstrual pains on 1st and 2nd day. I face abdominal nd muscular pains. Alot of mood swings nd uneasiness. Is there a long term or permanent solution? Does Ashokarishta help in this? Or shud I change my diet also.
What is the best contraception method for people with an active sex life? How safe are the emergency pills?
How to know that I am pregnant. And which age is perfect for pregnant. And which day is best for baby conceive.
Maintaining a healthy diet is of prime importance during a wedding season. Slightest of negligence can lead to unaccounted fat, leading to cardiovascular and other diseases. While working out can help to stay away from putting on the extra pounds, a healthy diet goes a long way in ensuring that the body functions at the optimum level.
Here is a list of important tips that will help to follow a healthy diet and refrain from putting on extra weight:
- Stay away from unnecessary fat: Most wedding parties have numerous food options. The high fat items such as dairy product, oily dishes should be eschewed in order to ensure that the body is not overstuffed with unnecessary fat that is difficult to get rid of.
- Look at the portion size: Another good way of maintaining a healthy diet is to pick and choose the right dishes and go for small portion size rather than going all out for the one dish one likes. There is no harm in trying multiple dishes, but the same should be done in small portion sizes.
- Planning for the day: One critical aspect of eating healthy is to eat throughout the day. On the day of a wedding, there are many people who tend to save the stomach for the party meal or drink. This is a very bad approach as far as eating healthy is concerned. A good way to plan the day is to eat light throughout the day. Salad, for instance, comes as a relief during the wedding session.
- Making a routine: Sticking to a diet chart helps a great deal in maintaining a healthy diet. The diet chart should comprise of multiple options. For instance, one need not stick to an oatmeal for breakfast every morning. Variety will help to break the monotony and encourage a person to stick to the diet routine.
- Calorie count: In continuation of the diet chart, keeping a rough count of the calorie consumed on a daily basis also helps to stick to a healthy diet. Calorie count is a good way of keeping track of what one is eating and how much impact it will have in the longer run. Since wedding parties tend to possess a lot of food items, a rough calorie count will help an individual to balance the calorie count in the next few days.
- Refrain from too much drinking: Staying away from alcohol can be difficult in wedding parties, but their consumption increases the urge to eat more. It, therefore, makes sense to not consume more than a couple of drinks in any wedding party.