Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Asha JhaveriYour feedback matters!
Esophagectomy is a procedure of removing a part of the esophagus and reconstructing the same using another organ of the body. The esophagus is the tube that connects the stomach and the mouth. This procedure is often performed in an advanced stage of esophageal cancer and Barrett’s esophagus. This procedure removes the cancer cells from the esophagus and gives relief from the symptoms. The organs from where the reconstructing tissues are taken are generally large intestine and stomach.
Many esophagectomy surgeries are performed with minimally invasive techniques. The latter is commonly known as laparoscopic surgery. This is a procedure where numerous small incisions are made in order to perform the surgery. This procedure results in faster recovery and reduced pain as compared to the conventional surgery.
Newer methods such as Robotic surgery are being adopted by many doctors these days. Procedures like these can access the esophagus through places such as the throat, collarbone and abdomen. They make a minute incision to get to the exact location of the cancer and treat them with an improved precision, unlike the conventional surgical methods.
An important aspect of treating this condition is to determine the procedure that is going to be implemented. To determine this, doctors uses imaging techniques such as PET scan, CT scan and an MRI scan. A doctor might also prescribe other tests such as FNAC and endoscopic ultrasound. Heart evaluations are also conducted before the surgery to ensure that there are no complications involved while performing the surgery.
Unless the cancer is detected at a very early stage, most doctors recommend radiation or chemotherapy or both. These treatments help to shrink the size of the cancer and make for an effective esophagectomy. Both chemotherapy and radiation have their set of side effects, which include loss of appetite, fatigue, hair loss, vomiting and skin discolouration.
Post the procedure, a patient cannot directly consume food. He is required to consume food through a pipe for a duration of four-six weeks. Adequate nutrition is required during this phase to recover quickly. Once the patient is able to resume a normal diet, it should be ensured that he takes food in reduced quantities to make up for the reduced stomach size.
Almost 90% of patients who have gone through this procedure report an improved life quality. While lifestyle related adjustments have to be made, there could be regular follow-ups to ensure the below mentioned complications do not arise:
1. Breathing-related problems
2. Swallowing problem
3. Effectively managing heartburn and ensuring the pain is under control
4. A thorough review of the nutritional diet to be consumed by the patient to counter sudden weight loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a oncologist and ask a free question.
Married 4 months b4 but still wife is unable to conceive, during intercourse it takes lot of time for sperms to come out and sometimes sperms also don't comes It there any problem? Kindly advise.
Homeopathy, being an alternative form of medicine, is often misunderstood when compared to allopathic treatments. In fact, there are many myths and rumours about the working of this field of medicine. This has become a primary reason as to why many people think twice before trying out homeopathy. However, of late, more and more people are breaking the shackles of these myths and rumours and opting for this natural and alternative form of medicine. Here are certain myths and facts which disclose the truth about them.
- It is often said that homeopathy first aggravates the symptoms and then reduces it. Most people shy away from this prospect and decide otherwise. The fact is, sometimes the condition worsens naturally due to the serious stage at which it is in. This is, however, not caused by side effects of taking any homeopathic pills. Thus, this line of treatment does not aggravate the symptoms. This is a myth and should be looked beyond.
- A set of people believe that homeopathy, being natural, has the ability to cure any disease whatsoever. But it has to be kept in mind that homeopathy is, after all, a natural science of medicine. Just as allopathic cure sometimes fails to produce the desired results, homeopathy too fails at times in delivering. But this is no reason to not opt for such a treatment. Every field of medicine has its own sets of limitations.
- At times, homeopathic doctors are not given the same respect that is given to those who practice allopathic treatment and deal in general medical sciences. Here, it needs to be discussed that homeopathy is an alternate form of medicine, which is practiced by those who have a proper degree in medicine, even in general medicine. In fact, many conventional doctors have thought it beneficial to switch streams of practice and have left allopathy for homeopathic treatments.
- Homeopathy is believed to provide relief only from pains, allergies and maybe skin troubles. But it is not so. Recent developments and studies have shown that homeopathy, if administered effectively, can also bring about pathological changes in the individual.
- People think that homeopathy takes time to show its results. But this is not true. In fact, at times while treating fever, cold and allergies, it shows rapid results. It is only when the disease is chronic that it takes time to heal.
These are some of the popular myths about homeopathy and it is needed that these myths are busted so that more and more people believe in the power of homeopathy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
It is no longer possible to tell a person's age by simply looking at the face. With the advances in cosmetic surgery, today it is very easy to effectively hide your age. A facelift or rhytidectomy is a cosmetic surgical procedure to reduce wrinkles and improve the overall appearance of your face. A facelift is considered a relatively safe procedure.
However, like any other surgery, it is associated with few risks.
- Pain: While a facelift surgery itself is usually performed under anesthesia, recovering from it might be a little painful. Your skin may also feel numb for a few days. Taking the pain medications prescribed by your doctor can help relieve the pain. However, if the pain is severe or if it suddenly increases, you must consult a doctor immediately.
- Swelling: Don't worry if your face looks swollen after the surgery. This is simply your body's natural reaction to the surgery. You will notice this swelling reduce in a few days. Though most of the swelling will subside in the first few days after the surgery, it can take a few weeks before the swelling completely subsides.
- Bruising: Like swelling, bruising is a natural reaction to surgery. In most cases, people see pronounced bruising especially around the eyes in the first few days after the surgery. Most of this bruising will fade away in a few weeks, but it may be a few months before your skin is clear again.
- Scarring: As your face heals after a facelift surgery, scarring can be seen wherever the incisions were made. Most cosmetic surgeons will make these incisions along the hairline or the natural creases of the face. This ensures that the scars are not prominently visible. In most cases, scarring fades with time till it is barely noticeable.
- Bleeding and hematoma: A certain amount of bleeding is normal after a facelift surgery. However, excessive bleeding or uncontrolled bleeding can lead to the formation of hematomas. A hematoma can be defined as a blood clot that occurs under the skin and outside a blood vessel. This can leave the area swollen and a minor surgery may be required to flush out the clot.
- Loss of sensation: Sometimes, nerve endings may get damaged during a face lift surgery. This can result in temporary loss of sensation in the area and difficulty in controlling the facial muscles. There may also be numbness or a tingling sensation around the incisions.
I had sex with my gf on March 19 and I used condoms during sex and the condoms were not broken nor I ejaculate she got periods after 1 month now she is not getting periods is she pregnant?
My wife had taken postpone 72 pill, after 7 to 8 days bleeding is started and continue on 4th day also, pls confirm is it due to pill or this is her period bl ending or due to pregnancy. How bleeding due to pill is different from normal monthly period bleeding.
Me and my gf do sex regularly. From strong I am bit slower but after some period of time I am so faster my gf like this so much. But at that time her heart but increases so much. Her mouth become dry and she can not talk in normal way. Is this type of increasing heart rate is dangerous for her. At last of sex much more amount of water lk substance came out from her vagina. And she became so tired and fall asleep like. So please suggest is dis type heart rate mouth dryness can led a serious condition .may a heartattack type. please suggest.
Vitamin A is essential for various body functions, the most important are vision, immunity, skin and hair health and correct genetic transcription. Signs of vitamin A toxicity include bone pain, brittle nails, hair loss, fatigue, dry and fissured skin and abnormal liver function. Deficiency of Vitamin A leads to night blindness.
Some interesting fatcs about vitamin A:
- Vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin, thus requires fat for effective absorption.
- Normal level of vitamin A required for proper body functioning is about 3000 mg per day. A person could also end up eating more of Vitamin A on a regular basis, which could lead to vitamin A toxicity. If it is consumed from natural sources, it is not harmful; however, if synthetic vitamin A is consumed, it may end up as a toxin in the body.
- Every 100 g of sweet potato contains about 19200 IU of vitamin A. Sweet potato can be consumed in cooked, baked, cubed, raw or frozen form. It can be used in multiple ways and is one of the most vitamin A rich foods.
- Carrots is the most popular rich source of vitamin A. Every child knows that carrots are good for vision and eye health. Carrots can also be consumed in baked, cooked, raw or frozen form. Every 100 g of carrot contains about 17000 IU of carrot, which more than takes care of daily requirements.
- Green leafy vegetables are another rich source of vitamin A. This could be spinach, lettuce, beet greens, turnip greens, collards, kale, or other greens. Each of them contains sufficient amounts of vitamin A, and including about 100 g provides about 14000 IU of vitamin A. These can be used as salad dressings or cooked with lentils to make variety of dishes.
- The liver from any animal is the most effective nonvegetarian source of vitamin A. Consuming liver 2 to 3 times per day gives sufficient amounts vitamin A for men, women and children. Cod liver oil, which are available widely in the market are also a good source, if meat is not available.
- Dry fruits, such as apricots, which are sundried and used when there is no season for apricots, are another rich source of vitamin A. Dried peaches and prunes are also good sources for this vitamin.
- Consuming about 2 egg yolks per day provides all the required vitamin A for your body. It does contain cholesterol, but the body does need small amount of cholesterol too for various functions.
- Dairy products, such butter and cream from cow's milk which are especially fed on grass are again great sources of vitamin A.
- Small amounts of vitamin A are also present in cantaloupe melons, pumpkins, squash fruits, beetroot, bell peppers and most importantly in seasonal fruits.
Dear sir / mam, I am 20 years old female. I want to delay my periods for just few days. I wanted to know that weather taking this step would be harmful to me in future? as I have regular cycle since the time I got mature. Kindly help me By giving a helpful answer.
I have had history of myomectomy twice for removing subserosa fibroid one in 2009 and another in 2014. I am currently 36 weeks pregnant. My doctor is going for vaginal birth as of now. Should I go for vaginal birth after 2 c sections? Or cesarean? Which is safer?
Hello I wanna ask that my 13 days old baby is on breast feed but it is watery not milky. Is this normal or not? If not what should I do.
Hello Dr. M going through white discharge n during menstruation, I get a severe pain. Is it normal. M 16 years old.
Respected doctor, I had unprotected sexual intercourse on 8th October. My period date was 28th but there was no periods. So I consulted a gynecologist who gave me meprate 10 mg for 3 days. After 7-8 days I had bleeding for 2 days. I did upt (urine pregnancy test) on 25th which came out to b negative. Is there any chances of pregnancy? Was it Periods bleeding or implantation bleeding. I am very tensed. please guide m.will b highly grateful to you.
Hi , Does Fenugreek Seed do any harm When consumed during 3rd stage of pregnancy and does it Increases Internal Heat in the body .Please Help letting me know this .
Hello Doctor, My name is Aditi and I have diabetes since 2 years and m taking medicines (Glyciphage SR 500mg) after breakfast -1 and after dinner -1 with folvite 5 mg. So, I want to ask that since m planning for pregnancy, if I get pregnant. Will these medicines have any side effect on my baby?
PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome is a disorder, which causes cysts or fluid filled growths, which may grow on the ovaries and cause havoc with a woman's hormones and sexual health. Not only does this condition play with your health, but it also causes extreme pain on your abdomen which may increase during the periods. Homeopathy has many cures for various types of PCOS in the form of various medications.
- Natrum Mur: PCOS may manifest differently in different women. One of the most commonly reported symptoms of PCOS is of irregular and suppressed periods. Natrum Mur is an effective remedy for this condition. Women who are trying to conceive may also benefit if their efforts to do so have failed.
- Pulsatilla: This is an effective medication in case PCOS has affected your menstrual periods in such a way that you have very scanty periods. Your periods may come after long gaps and may be very painful. Some symptoms, which the patient might exhibit would be a lack of thirst and a desire to be in open air all the time.
- Sepia: This is the most prescribed medication among the other homeopathic remedies for PCOS as it is known to have multiple benefits. Not only does it correct irregular and short periods, it is also effective in reducing the inflammation of the ovaries caused by the presence of the cysts. Cases where sepia is administered may show symptoms of mental irritability and being sensitive to cold air.
- Calcarea Carb: Some women may get periods, which are quite profuse and may be longer in terms of duration. It may make you prone to gaining weight as well. Calcarea carb is a very effective medication, which can effectively control these symptoms. Calcarea carb will be prescribed to you if you have a craving for boiled eggs and have heavy sweating (know more about Sweating problem) on the head as external symptoms.
- Thuja Occidentalis: This medicine is usually prescribed to women if they have multiple cysts within the left ovary. These cysts may not cause much inflammation, but will be quite painful. It is also prescribed in cases where a woman may get male pattern hair growth on the body. Thuja is very effective is dissolving cysts and thus can quickly correct hormonal imbalances caused by these.
Keep track of your drinking habits. Instead of relying on memory, jot down your drinks in a diary to see exactly how much and how often you drink.