Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Asha JhaveriYour feedback matters!
I had sex during periods with out any precautions. Then I took a contraceptive I pill that day. 29 Feb 2016. Then after few days I had bleeding once again for two days. Now my actual date of periods was 29 Feb but 29 march has gone its 8 April till now I didn't had periods. Am I pregnant or what.
Hello doctor. I am 20 years old and weigh approximately 73 kgs. I want to reduce my weight to 50 KGS. please could you help me with a diet chart. And suggest me whether taking medicines for weight loss is harmful to the normal working of the body.
My period was skipped there is no chances of conceive also I have taken deviry 10 mg for 5 days 2 days r over still my period not came what will be the reason or I go for ultrasound please help me.
Meri shadi 2 year hogaye magar mujhe baby nahi hota maine dawa bhi start ki usse bhi nhi ho rha hai.
My daughter of 10 years old has a cyst in the right ovary size. 3. 89cm x3. 01cm. It was before gall stone operation on 19/3/15. Usg done on dated 08/03/15. Is it curable in med or not. Give your opinion please.
Hi Doctor, I had sex on 14th day of my menstrual cycle. It was unprotected in the beginning for hardly a minute. Then, he wore a condom. I also took Ipill after 15 hours of the act. Now, it's the 5th day since I took Ipill. But, no bleeding or signs of bleeding yet. Read on internet that even 5-6 seconds of penetration without condom can put you at risk. The fact that I was in fertile period makes me more worried. I have 28 days cycle n regular. Last period was on 19th April. Can I be at risk? We used condom after 5-6 seconds n also took Ipill. Still at risk?
Applying apricot oil twice or thrice a week at night will add a healthy glow and smooth touch to your skin.
“If looks could kill…” goes the saying. Looks are considered, an important part of a person’s personality. A person initially attracts others towards himself/herself by his/her looks.
So maintaining ourselves, our looks are very important. One may be of the indisputable opinion that the inner beauty is more important but looks also complement that beauty to an extent.
It always seems that the men are the ones who care about the way a woman looks, but the reality seems to be otherwise.
Women tend to be more obsessed with the way they appear, as compared to men.
Say, an ugly guy who admires the beauty of a woman that he finds attractive, will never lie to himself thinking that he’s “eligible” enough to win her, while an unattractive woman will admire a good looking guy’s facial structure, physique etc. and will do whatsoever irrationally to get him.
Even an incredibly good looking, guy might never want to be with an ugly girl, but would still find the girl-next-door types beautiful without actually knowing them personally.
Again, we come back to the point that the inner beauty is more important than the outer. Of course, inner beauty is undeniable.
People’s true beauty lies in their character, their values and overall in their individuality.
It is not necessary that a person’s looks and character match, since they can be deceptive.
For example, a person who looks suspicious or like a threat may actually turn out to be quite contrasting in nature. However, sometimes the outer appearance can reflect inner beauty, too.
For instance, a person may lie or pretend through his speech and behavior but not through his eyes. That is why it is said that, one should make an eye contact with the other person while talking.
We also, tend to trust people blindly who look innocent and trustworthy and when the tables are turned we realize our folly.
It is not that all people who seem to be innocent are not to be trusted, or even the case of trusting anyone; but we need to observe and analyze the person and also our instincts before placing our trust on someone, however convincing, innocent, and trustworthy they appear.
Therefore, it would be wrong to judge a person only on his/her outer appearance.
What matters more in the end are the person’s beliefs, character and his overall individuality!
My wife and I used to be unable to have intercourse for almost 3 years. Whenever we tried, she would feel pain and her muscles would contract, preventing me from penetration. However, since the last two months, we tried with lox 2% gel and her pain reduced. Subsequently, we are able to have intercourse without any lubricant now, although it takes a really long time for her to open up completely. The problem now is that, she does not feel any pleasure whatsoever, even when I am completely inside of her. What could possibly be the problem here?
I'm 19 years old female. My husband just touched his with mine. Not inserted. This happened approx 15 days ago. I'm missing my periods now. As I was to have at about date-10. Can I use the tablets. mifepristone n Misoprostol. Plzs help. M scared.
I have postpartum insomnia. I gave vaginal birth on August. Baby is sleeping better during nights but I can't from the past one week. Why should I do.
I am 19 years old girl persuading btech and am not able to work properly because of weakness ang my hemoglobin is 8.50 am not well pls help me.
Many women develop uterine fibroids by the time they hit the age of 50 years and above. These are non-cancerous growths that may occur in the uterus. Most women go through severe bleeding and pain as well as discomfort as a result of these fibroids. Age, family history of the same condition, obesity or being overweight, eating habits and even ethnicity play a large role in deciding the risk of each individual patient. These fibroids can grow in the submucosal, intramural and subserosal areas.
Following are the common side effects of uterine fibroids:
- Frequent urination: Due to the pressure of the fibroids on the uterus, the patient may experience a constant feeling of fullness in the lower pelvic area of the body, which may lead to frequent filling of the bladder. This gives rise to frequent trips to the washroom for urination.
- Heavy Bleeding: Severe bleeding is one of the most common causes of the presence of these kinds of fibroids. The patient may experience a lot of bleeding during menstrual periods, as well as pain and cramps the rest of the time. The periods will also be very painful when there are fibroids in the uterus or the uterine lining.
- Painful Intercourse: It is a well-known fact that any kind of infection or growth as well as sores and other such ailments can lead to vaginal dryness as well as pain during sexual intercourse. This is true for uterine fibroids as well, which can lead to severe pain during sexual activity. These fibroids can also give rise to pain in the lumbar or lower back region.
- Abdomen Swelling: The abdomen may go through significant swelling in such a condition and the patient may even look like she is pregnant. The growth can push the shape of the abdomen outwards and create a full feeling.
- Pregnancy Complications: The presence of uterine fibroids can give rise to several complications during pregnancy and even after child birth. One of the most common problems in this case is bleeding, followed by more severe outcomes like miscarriage. The women suffering from uterine fibroids are at greater risk of undergoing a caesarean section for the delivery of the baby. The baby may also be born breech and a premature delivery may take place.
- Infertility: This is also a rare side effect of the uterine fibroids and is generally seen only in very severe cases.
- Cancer: Only one in every 1000 cases might transform into malignant tumours. These uterine fibroids are generally known to be non-malignant.
Any symptoms must be reported to a gynaecologist at the earliest to avoid any serious complications.