Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asha Jhaveri
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Asha JhaveriYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am 29 and almost 20 days late .my lmp was 5th feb but am usually late by 2 weeks. yesterday I took upt which was negative but after 5 min a very faint line appeared. Last night I had cramping pain in right umbilical. Today usg showed no sac or tubal pregnancy. Only 3*3.5 cm simple ovary cyst in right side. What should I do? How to get my periods ?do I again check with usg if its very early pregnancy.
Bad breath, also known as halitosis medically, is a much bigger problem than just being a cause for social embarrassment. It could be a symptom of an underlying disorder in your body which when corrected, will result in bad breath being resolved as well. However, in most cases, halitosis or bad breath occurs due to gum and teeth problems or due to life style habits such as a bad diet. Ayurveda has cure for both the problems and offers specialized treatment as well as home remedies.
Some general tips to fight bad breath
Bad breath may occur due to a combination of bad diet or digestive problems as well as oral hygiene issues. Some of the common things to follow, which will reduce your bad breath, especially concerning oral hygiene, are mentioned below
1. Rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal as it helps clean food particles which may contribute to bad breath
2. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Dryness of the mouth can often cause bad breath
3. Brush your teeth, preferably at least twice daily and clean your tongue every time you brush your teeth
4. Avoid alcohol, smoking and excessive consumption of caffeine products
5. Use natural breath fresheners such as mint leaves and parsley
6. Don’t use breath mints, mouth fresheners or mouthwashes which have alcohol in them as they may further dry up your mouth, causing bad breath
7. Try and include more of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet as these will keep you hydrated and supply you with the necessary nutrients to keep your digestive system functional and thus reduce bad breath.
Ayurveda for bad breath
Some of the home remedies as well as specialized Ayurvedic medications that can effectively combat bad breath are mentioned below. However, if you have a persistent problem, it is best to consult with an Ayurvedic practitioner who can help you with tailor made combinations specifically suited to your problem.
- Fenugreek or ‘methi’ and tea leaves: Methi is known to have many medicinal properties in Ayurveda. Boil methi leaves into a cup of tea and drink it once a day to see quick and lasting results.
- Cardamom seeds: This is a quick and effective remedy for bad breath, especially for social occasions. Chew on a few cardamom seeds after a smelly meal and it can definitely take care of your bad breath temporarily.
- Honey ginger and lemon combo: If your body has more ‘Kapha’ based symptoms, then this is a very good remedy. Mix equal amounts of honey with ginger juice and lemon juice and use that concoction to slowly gargle your mouth and then rinse.
- Some specialized medications: Certain special medications may be prescribed by your Ayurveda practitioner such as:
- Kushtha, Nagarmotha, Cardamom, and licorice mixtures
- Dashan Sanskar Churna which is a specially formulated charcoal powder meant for brushing
- Special mixtures made from ingredients such as Manjishtha, Clove, Khadir, Cardamom, Betel nut, Black Pepper, Mayaphal, Kulinjan, Cumin seeds, Vidang, Bakul, and Camphor among others; either in the form of edible medication or in the form of mouthwashes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife is 4 months pregnant. She is 27 years old. She was complaining of pain in the lower abdomen. When I called the gynaecologist, she advised for a USG. USG study reveals as follows. 1) Single live fetus at 14 wks gestation. 2) mobile presentation this time. 3) liquor is adequate largest cord free pocket is 3.9 cms. 4) PLACENTA IS ANTERIOR LOW LYING, LOWER EDGE REACHING INT OS, NOT COVERING IT, GRADE O MATURITY. 5) NO GROSS STRUCTURAL ANOMALY SEEN. The Gynaecologist advised for a complete bed rest and even suggested that my wife should not move even a little. And if she did She would bleed. And advised to take Michelle (Progesterone) tabs twice a day, ISR 40 (Isoxsuprine Hydrochloride, AqSusten 25 (Progesterone) injections. I went to another Gynaecologist, the one who well he is F.C.R.O.G. (UK) he said that don't give any medicines except Folic Acid, and that bed rest at this situation does nothing. Kindly advice me what to do. My wife is very tensed and cried a lot.
I am 26yrs old & I have irregular menses problem from last 8yrs & more bloody menses occur during MC with more abdomen pain. I married from last 6yrs still I am not being pregnant. So pls give me advise what I want to do to be a pregnant & what the real problem behind this.
I have lot of swelling in abdomen and I hv lot of pain at the tym of periods. Its look a fatty part. Wat the matter.? Wat I hv to do for it.
Sore, cracked or even bleeding nipples is very common condition, while you breastfeed your baby. This could be due to the ways your baby sucks on to your breasts or because of problems such as a fungal infection in baby's mouth.
Here is 5 easy ways to treat sore, cracked and bleeding nipples while you breastfeed your child.
1. Position of your baby:
You need to check that your baby has proper access to your nipples. Position your baby in a such a way that help baby to reach your breast. Keep a pillow on your lap and place your baby on it. Allow baby to open mouth wide and push your nipples till your areolas are in his/her mouth. This will allow baby to suck in better way and it will not hurt nipple.
2. Check that your baby's tongue is not tied and look for oral thrush:
Sometimes, babies face problems positioning their mouth and may not be able to move their tongue to the roof of the mouth for proper sucking. We suggest you check for it and get it treated by a doctor.
Oral thrush is a fungal infection is babies mouth. It looks like white patches with redness over tongue and mouth cavity. Consult immediately for it's treatment.
3. Use your own breastmilk as a medicine:
Your breast milk has antibacterial properties and can treat sore nipples. Just pump a few drops and apply on the affected area until dry. This will soothe your nipples and help you.
4. Use protective nipple shells:
If you have severe sore and cracked nipples, buy yourselves a pair of nipple shells to protect your breasts from friction against your bra or clothes. It will help them to keep protected.
5. Feed your baby at regular interval:
If you aren’t feeding baby on time, than baby becomes aggressive, especially when they are hungry. Hence, baby will suck aggressively.