Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Asha JhaveriYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 31 years old. From last 5 months my periods days has decreased. First I had periods for 7 days now it's comes for 3 to 4 days. I also consultant to doctor had all test reports are ok. Dnt knw why it's happened. Advice me what should I do. I am worried. Getting married soon.
I am facing periods irregularly the periods coming after 3 yo 4 months? What is the solution for this?
IUI (Intrauterine Insemination)
- Intra Uterine Insemination is the process where artificial insemination of prepared sperm of husband / donor is done in the uterine cavity for conception in a planned cycle at the time of planned ovulation.
- It is done in cases where the tubes are functional as well as patent . This can be performed in a natural cycle or with artificial hormone stimulation.
- If the couple is diagnosed with unexplained infertility, cervical mucus problems, minor sperm abnormalities or other male disorders.It is also a cheaper solution for azoospermic males who cannot afford ICSI with TESA . They can have artificial insemination with donor semen.
Infertility is a cause for concern. Nevertheless, for a substantial percentage of men and women with reproductive disorders, adopting changes in lifestyle, healthy exercise and dietary habits, reducing stress levels along with appropriate herbal supplementation can help overcome infertility.
It is pretty tough to try and conceive when you do not even desire to make love. If you find that you sex life is lacking spark, you may need to consider herbs that have been found to increase sexual desire. These herbs promote healthy circulation to the reproductive organs.
1. Damiana dried leaves and stems (Turnera diffusa):-
A female aphrodesiac, damiana has been used for centuries to help increase circulation to the reproductive system as well as increase sexual pleasure.
2. Epimedium also known as Horny goat weed or Yin Yang Huo (Epimedium grandiflorum):-
A wonderful all-natural substitute for Viagra, horny goat weed has been known to increase male virility and give men longer and harder erections.
3. Maca root (Lepidium meyenii):-
Increase sexual desire in both men and women by increasing blood flow to the pelvic region; increasing vaginal secretions in women and enhancing testosterone levels in men.
4. Muira Puama bark and root (Ptychopetalum olacoides):-
Shown to support healthy erection and male fertility. Increases libido in men.
5. Saffron stigma and styles (Crocus sativus):-
Used by the ancient Egyptians to increase their sex drive, Saffron is a powerful herb that works to increase blood flow to the pelvic area, which ultimately boosts sexual feelings in both sexes. Very expensive, yet said to be very effective.
6. Tribulus, aerial parts and fruit (Tribulus terrestris):-
A great uro-genital tonic, Tribulus works in both men and women. How? It helps to raise sexual energy and supports a larger, harder erection of the penis by enhancing circulation and blow flow to the area. Overall fertility tonic for male and female reproductive system.
7. Vitex, Chaste tree berry, (Vitex agnus-castus):-
Known as an all-around female reproductive enhancer, Vitex has been used to treat many female issues, including lethargic libido. Able to increase circulation to the genitals, Vitex will also increase vaginal mucus to enhance sexual sensation and improve a woman’s energy levels.
8. Yohimbe bark (Pausinystalia yohimbe):-
Supports healthy circulation to the male reproductive organs. Yohimbe has been shown to help sustain erection and may help to make erection firmer. This herb also supports healthy libido.
One of the human body’s primary defense mechanism can be depression when it correlates with personal loss, life struggle or an injury. It is normal to be depressed on occasions, and our body has been blessed with a system that can help cope with it and come out of it. However, when the depression turns intense and becomes a part of our life, then it could be a cause for serious concern.
The food we eat plays a significant role in having mood swings. A proper diet can be extremely helpful in reducing depression tendencies and in keeping us happy. Let us have a look at few food products that fight depression.
Green tea: It is loaded with amino acids and antioxidants and is extremely useful in overcoming depression. It also acts as a detoxing agent and cleanses your body. Thus your body feels supple and gets loaded with natural energy. The amino acids present in them are known to reduce stress and are highly recommended for neurodegenerative disorders. Green tea can be had even for 3 to 4 times per day without any side effects.
Almonds: Almonds are rich in magnesium that influences the production of serotonin, a chemical that is good for the brain. They are also known to release ample amounts of energy to the brain circuits. Researchers have established that magnesium deficiency is one of the fundamental causes of depression and mood disorders. Moreover, almonds are enriched with zinc that promotes neurotransmitter production.
Salmon: Inflammation of the brain is also one of the reasons why many people undergo mood swings and depression. They occur due to the lack of omega-3 fatty acids in the diet. One of best sources of omega-3 fatty acids would be salmon, and they are very helpful in reducing inflammation of the brain. Further, they are categorized as one of the happy foods that keep the mind active and supple and play a significant role in mood regulation. Salmon is also good for your health and reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Tuna and sardines are other fish varieties that are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
Dark chocolate: Did you know that eating chocolates can not only help in your mood swings, but it also keeps your mind happy? Dark chocolates are known to increase serotonin levels in the body that work as natural anti-depressants. They reduce stress and anxiety and play a significant role in increasing the emotional happiness of a person. They are also rich sources of sugar and promote carbohydrate build up in the body.
Eggs: The very reason why many people suggest taking eggs as a part of a breakfast diet is that they are loaded with nutrients and proteins that give you complete energy to make it through the day. They also have good sources of zinc and contain enormous quantities of vitamin D that can act as a barrier to mood swings and depression. They are beneficial in promoting neurotransmitter production which is vital for keeping the brain active. They also aid in the manufacture of red blood cells that are good for the nervous system.
I have a problem of PCOD (PCOS). After 2-3 days I got the periods. What should I do? What should I take in food? Medicines?
I got married last april till today my wife not conceive we both eagerly waiting for her pregnancy is there any positive tips or we want to consult which doctor to get conceive soon please advice.
Pregnancy is a beautiful period in every woman's life. Lots of physical, mental and emotional changes occur during pregnancy and the best way to cope up with them is exercise, also known as pregnancy yoga or antenatal exercise. Working out when you are expecting is great for you and your baby.
Benefits for mother and baby of Pregnancy Yoga:
- Increased sense of well being,
- Improves body muscle tone and relieves tension
- Ensures healthy weight gain,
- Cardiovascular and respiratory fitness
- Maintain a stable body position
- Decrease in pregnancy related muscle problems, joint pains, constipation, abdominal bloating,
- Reduces fatigue and helps manage stress
- Increases endurance and strengthening muscles
- Help relieve back pressure
- Improve posture and balance
- Improve circulation and lowers blood pressure
- Helps prepare for the strain of labor
- Increased chances of natural labor and childbirth
- Improves self-image
- Regains figure faster
- Prepare for immediate postnatal period
- Stretches for lower back
- Upper back stretch
- Pelvic Tilts
Guidelines for exercise:
- Exercise at least three times per week
- Avoid exercise in supine position after first trimester and prolonged motionless standing
- Modify exercises according to maternal symptoms and fatigue levels
- Avoid exercises that could cause loss of balance or falling (ballistic exercises)
- Have adequate diet
- Hydration before, during and after exercise
Things to know while doing exercise or pregnancy yoga:
- Consult your doctor first
- Start after 12-14 weeks
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes
- Keep at least 3-4 hrs gap between meal and exercise
- Early morning is the best time
- Avoid becoming too hot or overheated
- Be gentle- avoid stretching or straining muscles/joints.
- Medical problem- consult doctor- do under strict supervision
- Listen to your body
- Never exercise till exhaustion or breathlessness
- Heart rate should not > 140/min
- Take frequent breaks during exercise
- Keep yourself hydrated
- Eat healthy diet- plenty of fruits, vegetables
Discontinue exercise if:
- Light headiness
- Excessive dryness of mouth
- Abdominal cramps
- Severe pain/ uneasiness
- History of vaginal bleeding
I'm Sonia, 25 years old, I have 6 years old daughter ND my last Period date on 2 Feb 2016 and now I have missed my period ND I have done pregnancy test at home it was negative result. What can I do please help m ND Iam very tried know?
The uterus or womb is a strong structure that is held up by the pelvic muscles and tendons. In case that these muscles or tendons extend or get distinctly powerless, they are no longer ready to support the uterus, bringing about prolapse. Uterine prolapse happens when the uterus hangs or slips from its ordinary position, into the vagina or birth channel.
Uterine prolapse might be fragmented or complex. A deficient prolapse happens when the uterus is just halfway drooping into the vagina. An entire prolapse depicts a circumstance in which the uterus falls so far down that some tissue rests outside of the vagina.
The danger of having a prolapsed uterus increases as a woman ages and her estrogen levels diminish. Estrogen is the hormone that keeps the pelvic muscles solid. Harm to pelvic muscles and tissues during pregnancy and labor may likewise lead to prolapse. Women with more than one vaginal birth and in their postmenopausal period are under the most significant risk. Any action that puts weight on the pelvic muscles can expand your danger of a uterine prolapse. Different variables that can increase your risk for the condition include:
- Constant coughing
Women who have a minor uterine prolapse might not have any side effects. Direct to serious prolapse may bring about side effects, for example:
- Having an inclination that you are sitting on a ball
- Vaginal bleeding
- Expanded discharge
- Issues with sex
- Feeling the uterus or cervix leaving the vagina
- A pulling or substantial feeling in the pelvis
- Bladder infections
In case that you experience these symptoms, it is important to see your specialist. Without appropriate diagnosis, the condition can weaken your vagina, bladder, and sexual capacity. Treatment is not generally fundamental for this condition. In case that prolapse is serious, talk with a specialist about which treatment choice is suitable for you. Nonsurgical medicines include:
- Shedding pounds to take the strain off of pelvic structures
- Maintaining a strategic distance from truly difficult work
- Doing Kegel works out, which are pelvic floor exercises that strengthen the vaginal muscles
- Taking estrogen substitution treatment
- Wearing a pessary, which is a device embedded into the vagina that fits under the cervix and pushes up and settles the uterus and cervix
Surgical medications include uterine suspension or hysterectomy. During uterine suspension, your specialist puts the uterus once again into its normal position by reattaching pelvic tendons or utilizing surgical materials. During a hysterectomy, your specialist expels the uterus from the body through the stomach area or the vagina. Surgery is usually successful; however, it is not suggested for women who anticipate having a baby later on.