Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asfahan Taufiq
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Asfahan TaufiqYour feedback matters!
We assume that dehydration to the body happens only in the summer. And it’s not without a reason - Summers in India are so hot; every ounce of water in the body gets used up in the heat. A body gets dehydrated when it doesn't get enough water intake. In summer there is an added factor of more sweating i.e. losing water. Dehydration happens in all seasons and you need to hydrate yourself adequately according to the loss of water.
In winters our skin is dry, we sweat but it doesn't stay on the skin. The body feels dehydrated even if there is a marginal drop in percentage of water in body weight. We need to stay hydrated to digest food properly and for smooth functioning of all organs. When a body is dehydrated, the blood flowing through its veins become thicker and the heart needs to put a lot of effort to pump it. Irrespective of the weather or season, our body loses a minimum of eight cups of water which must be replenished.
2 ways to keep yourself hydrated:
1. Have lots of fruits: Consume more fruits and vegetables which are rich in water content. Even in winters when it is cold and we avoid drinking water instinctively; eating foods with high content of water will help.
2. Take Your Water With You: The most important thing which should be actually a year-round habit - carry your own water bottle around. Refill when needed, but if you have water available to drink, chances are that you will drink more than otherwise.
Hello doctor, As per consultations with previous nutritionists and dietician I've been suggested that my ideal weight should be in between 57 -65 kg. I wish to lose weight currently to get down to 60 kg but my friends and family have been telling me that I look sick now. Is it possible to lose weight without looking sick?
I want to reduce belly fat and thigh fat what all steps should I take to get fast results .please provide solution.
Health benefits of tea:
1. Polyphenols content: polyphenols, especially catechins and epicatechins, have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. These little powerhouses protect your body from the bad things you consume. Over time, they may even help reduce the risks associated with diabetes and cardiovascular disease. If you drink too much caffeinated tea, you may get a little jittery, but overall it suits a healthy lifestyle.
2. Weight loss: tea may be able to help you lose weight or keep that waistline in check. In a study of tea drinkers versus non-tea drinkers, the people consuming hot tea on a regular basis had smaller waistlines and a lower bmi (body mass index).
3. Increased muscle endurance: if you’re looking for better exercise endurance, green tea may help. Scientists discovered that antioxidants in green tea extract increase your body’s ability to burn fat as fuel. This allows you to build your stamina at the gym more quickly and reap the benefits of a healthier body.
4. Cancer protection: the powerful antioxidants found in tea can actually protect your body from cancer. Current research has shown that tea helps your body fight off certain cancers, including colon, breast, ovarian, prostate, and many others. Tea isn’t a cure for cancer, but it is a simple and effective superfood that can help lower your personal risk.
5. Fight free radicals: what’s a free radical? they’re the bad guys that invade your cells and alter them for the worse. The extensive damage they cause has been scientifically linked to heart disease, cancer, and even alzheimer’s disease. Despite your body’s design, it is not always able to fight off the free radicals – especially if you have a poor diet or lifestyle habits. Antioxidants found in tea help fight the bad guys.
6. Defend bones: the compounds found in green tea improve bone strength and density. This is great news as we age and our bones begin to weaken. Used in conjunction with mild weight or strength training and a healthy diet, green tea can help you fight the ravages of osteoporosis.
7. Regulate blood sugar: people with type 2 diabetes benefit from regular tea consumption. The compounds in green tea help the metabolic system process sugars more efficiently. In a surprising finding, studies showed that people who drank at least six cups of green tea per week were less likely to develop diabetes at all.
8. Boost brain power: many factors influence your brain health. Age, weight, activity levels, and smoking all factor into the way our brains age. Polyphenols in tea may slow the effects of aging in the brain’s memory and learning centers. This includes neurodegenerative diseases such as alzheimer’s, parkinson’s, and dementia.
9. Hydration: your body is comprised mostly of water. You have to have it for your body to function properly and experts estimate that 75 percent of americans are chronically dehydrated. Not everyone enjoys drinking gallons of water every day, and coffee (despite its other benefits) has dehydrating effects. Tea, despite the caffeine, is a hydrating beverage. Next time you’re falling asleep at 3 pm, try iced green tea for a refreshing pick-me-up instead of coffee.
10. Healthy teeth and gums: countries known for their tea consumption likely drink it plain or only lightly sweetened. Tea contains naturally occurring fluoride and tannins. These help prevent plaque from forming on the teeth. Unsweetened tea, along with a daily regimen of brushing and flossing, helps keep those pearly whites healthy.type diabetes
My weight is 63 kg I followed GM diet plan but it never worked and got more fat my weight became 65. Please help me I have also got fat marks on my skin due to this.
Hair loss can start with beginning of Diabetes.Many times it Diabetes warning sign.Anyone with unusual hair loss should talk to a doctor.
POTENTIAL CAUSES OF HAIR LOSS
1.Diabetes causes damage to the small blood vessels thus limits oxygen and nutrients reaching the the scalp.Undernourished hair follicles (roots) gets weaken and loose their grip causing hair loss
2.Diabetes can cause fluctuations hormone production.This imbalance of hormones affects the growth cycle of hair.
3.Diabetes weakens immune system.In such situation scalp is more susceptible to fungal and bacterial infections leading hair loss.
4.Diabetes can slow the body’s cell regeneration time, disturbing the growth cycle of hair.
5.Illness, stress or hormonal fluctuations can cause hair to enter the resting phase, leading to diffuse thinning of the hair.
6. The hair loss could be caused by conditions not related or indirectly related to Diabetes.For example Thyroid dysfunction.
Hair loss becomes permanent when the hair follicles are destroyed, so early diagnosis and treatment are important.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
1.Good Diabetes control.This allows hormones to balance, immune system to strengthen, and the hair growth cycle to get back on track.
If you notice unusual hair loss, see your Diabetologist Doctor to determine whether the shedding is related to Diabetes.
If the shedding is a medication side effect, a prescription change is the obvious solution.
SOME HAIR CARE TIPS
1.Use hair brushes with widely spaced bristles
2.Minimal use of hair dryers and curling irons.
3.Avoid braids or ponytails that pull on the scalp.
4.Avoid products with harsh chemicals such as perms, hair straighteners, or dyes.
5.Protect the hair from sun, wind, and chlorine exposure.
6.Eat a well-balanced diet.
7.Exercise regularly to promote optimal circulation
8.Use relaxation techniques for stress reduction.
Hair shedding can diminish self-esteem and sometimes leads to social anxiety or depression. So act wisely and smartly.
Can I use ashwagandha powder and shatavari powder for weight gain. And how much powder is recommended in a day. My weight is 50 kg. And height is 6.1 ft.
Achalasia is a very rare disease. Normally, your esophagus squeezes food down by making the muscular valve in between the stomach and esophagus relax. Achalasia occurs when this muscular valve is unable to relax and thus the esophagus is unable to squeeze the food down. The most common reason why this happens is because the nerves in your esophagus are damaged. The nerves most commonly get damaged because of abnormalities in the way your immune system responds. Till now, there is no cure to achalasia; however, surgery or minimally invasive therapy can make the symptoms of achalasia more manageable. Here are all the causes and symptoms of achalasia:
- Difficulty swallowing: The difficulty you face when swallowing food is the most common symptom of achalasia. Both liquid as well as solid food will be hard to swallow.
- Regurgitation: If the food is regurgitating in the night, then the lungs may have been inhaling some food. This is very serious and you should see the doctor immediately if this occurs.
- Chest pain: You may suddenly experience chest pain from a completely unknown cause.
- Weight loss: You may also suffer from sudden weight loss if you have achalasia. This is due to the reduced amount of food you will be consuming.
- Heartburn: Heartburn is when you have a very intense burning pain in your chest just behind your breastbone which is most commonly caused by regurgitation in your esophagus.
The exact cause of achalasia is not yet known. However, there are some theories on what causes achalasia. Here they are.
- Genes: The most common cause of achalasia is genes.
- Autoimmune disease: An autoimmune disease is when your immune system attacks your body's own cells. Achalasia is a type of autoimmune disease.
- Infection: There have also been a lot of claims that infections are the cause of achalasia.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!