Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind KelkarYour feedback matters!
I am 55 yrs. Old male, as I am suffering from Actinic cheilitis (lower lip pigmentation) for last 30 yrs. Please suggest suitable medicines.
Hi, my age 22 I have problem on face mera face glow ni krta dull rhtaa or mery face brown patches bi cheeks orr please help please mera complex dark hota jaraa.
I am 47 years old. I have hyper pigmention on my forhead, around eyes and nose and my skin is very sensitive. Please suggest me what to do.
I am 35 years old, married, for the last one week there is blood coming out with my stools when I go to toilet, even previously I used to get this problem but after 2 to 3 days it used to stop. Is there any problem please advice and if yes to which type of doctor I should go to.
I have black dots under my eye and I tried lot of doctors but it's doesn't work. Also I have acidity problem. Can you please help me.
I am 21 year old female Dear Sir/Madam I have black spot in back and now they are spreading in near to my neck and I am taking treatment also but I didn't get any kind of relief from this problem I m getting this problem from last 1 year and 6 month please suggest what should I do. Thank You.
I am 28 years old female I am having oily skin and pimples ,white heads at my nose and lots of black spots at my face now a day please tell me what I do for it.
I am getting white patches over my brown skin esp. In face and back of neck. What should I do to get them cleared?
I have chicken pox. My five days of chicken pox had gone. And I am using medicine and a lotion. But they have not yet been cured. Please tell me can I go outside home. And can I eat maize and meat and spices.
The skin on your body is an important organ which also has many important functions such as regulating the body temperature through perspiration, allowing you to touch and feel the world around us. The skin is a supple organ with folds and variations and different levels of thickness. To maintain its health, it is very important to keep it properly hydrated. Let’s look at a few ways that can be done naturally:
- Moisturize: This is an important step that many don’t follow and it is a very important part of skin care. Moisturizing is necessary in both dry and wet climates. What you need to be aware of is to change the type of moisturizer from season to season. It is better to moisturize with a lighter lotion and less often during summers while the winters would require a heavier lotion with increased frequency.
- Use humidifiers during the dry seasons: Many people may miss this trick, but it is a good idea to run a humidifier within the room during the dry seasons as it helps you to breathe better as well as keeps your skin hydrated. Also, when sleeping in air conditioned rooms, it is a good idea to run a humidifier to ensure that the cold air doesn’t dehydrate your skin.
- Stop taking hot showers for too long: This is another common reason for dry skin. Taking hot showers for extended periods of time will rob your skin of its natural moisturizers and result in dry, scaly skin. Too long and hot showers will strip the skin of its essential oils and thus result in it becoming scaly and dry. Preferably, take shorter and colder showers.
- Change lifestyle habits: One of the greatest disruptors of skin health are bad habits, such as smoking, drinking excessive alcohol and sun damage. Ensure that you have enough protection from the sun to stop sun damage. Smoking and alcohol both dry out our skin and thus result in you looking older as well as developing more wrinkles. Give up smoking and try to limit alcohol consumption to limited quantities.
- Exercise: Many of the skin related woes occur due to the lack of physical movement, which results in underlying conditions. These underlying conditions may not only cause the skin quality to deteriorate, but will also result in it being dry. It is important to exercise to keep the internal regulatory systems in best condition and keep the skin hydrated.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin related problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.