Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ArvindYour feedback matters!
Lifestyle changes such as eating healthy and exercising are to be incorporated in everyone’s life. The awareness to go organic is being spread wide, mostly because of social media. Analysis of the food we eat and questioning the components of our diet is very much necessary and this has created a lot of facts and myths. In the world that we live in today, we weigh multiple options for choosing the right one. One such comparison is between white eggs and brown eggs. The egg shell color influences consumers to a great extent.
Nutritional value: Eggs are filled with nutritional value. About 70 calories, 6 grams of protein and vitamin B are the components of eggs. Eggs are a very good source of protein. The egg yolk contains a lot of cholesterol. Those who would want to avoid cholesterol can take only the egg white. Carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin are the other nutrients present in eggs. They lower the risk of macular degeneration. Choline, another element present in the eggs helps in memory development.
Types of eggs: The common labels one could see in the case of eggs are free-run, organic, free-roaming, vegetarian fed, Omega-3 enriched and graded eggs. These categories are based on the diet and lifestyle of the hens. Some hens are fed vegetarian food and are not given animal proteins. Some are not caged and are let in open spaces. These hens lay eggs in their nests and some are fed with flax seeds. Such eggs are labeled as Omega-3 enriched.
White vs brown eggs: Here are a few points to ponder about the difference between white eggs and brown eggs.
- Shell: The color of the shell is the major difference between brown and white eggs. The egg shells of brown color are believed to be hard, which is nothing but a myth. Young chickens lay harder shelled eggs.
- Nutritional value: The color does not really determine the egg quality. What really matters is the hen's diet. Two hens, given the same diet, lay eggs with the same nutritional value irrespective of the color of the shell.
- Yolk: It is believed that brown eggs have richly colored yolks when compared to white eggs. This is determined by the amount of corn the hen eats rather than the eggshell color.
- Cost: White chicken lays white eggs and brown chicken lays brown eggs. Brown eggs are costlier than white eggs. This is because the maintenance of brown chickens cost more. They are larger in size and they require more food. This costs the farmers more.
- Taste: White eggs and brown eggs taste the same. There are not many differences when it comes to taste of the eggs. This again depends on the food to the hen.
- Bleaching of white eggs: White eggs are not bleached to make them appear white. As mentioned earlier, the color of the hen influences the color of the eggs. Sometimes brown hens lay white eggs but the color of the resulting white egg is darker than a normal white egg. This has no connection with bleaching.
The nutritional value is the same for both the eggs. The major things that cause a difference between these two eggs are the shell color and cost. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My father is 57 years old and he been suffering from pneumonia from last 5 days. He's been recovering well till yesterday but suddenly he is having cough and that is making him restless. Is it normal to have cough in recovering from pneumonia?
I have pcod problem and not getting periods regularly and having hair fal constantly how could be it can solved.
Hello I am suffering from a low feeling all the time. It is like a depression which gives me a low feeling all the time.
The obesity epidemic was unfairly blamed on the consumption of carbs. While processed junk foods, which are high in refined grains and sugar are extremely fattening and unhealthy, fiber rich foods that also contain carbs are very healthy and essential for your diet. If you consume high fiber carbs moderately, it helps you maintain a healthy weight because if you get anything lower than approximately 50% of calories from carbohydrates, you are unhealthy. Carbohydrates, which are rich in fiber can be easily digested by your body.
Mentioned below are 10 food items which are extremely rich in carbs and should be consumed during breakfast for optimum health.
- Apples: Despite the different colors, flavors and sizes, apples consist of 13 to 15% carbs, as well as many vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in healthy plant compounds, antioxidants and vitamin C. Apples are helpful in decreasing the risk of a few types of cancers, reducing heart diseases and improving blood sugar control.
- Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes are extremely nourishing. It has the sufficient amount of carbohydrates present to maintain your health, as well as fiber, potassium, vitamin B5, vitamin A, manganese and vitamin C. It is also very low in cholesterol, saturated fats and sodium. Consume this antioxidant food item everyday for breakfast to sustain your health.
- Bananas: Bananas contain about 23% carbs. The unripe ones are high in starch, which turns into sugar as it ripens. Apart from carbs, bananas also contain a high amount of Vitamin B 6, potassium and vitamin C along with healthy plant compounds. They are also rich in pectin and resistant starch.
- Quinoa: Classified as pseudo cereal, it is an incredibly popular seed that is eaten like a grain. Apart from being a high carb food, it is not only extremely rich in fibers and proteins, but also plant compounds and minerals. One of its many health benefits is improved blood sugar control. Incorporate it in your diet to help you lose weight.
- Oats: Deemed as one of the healthiest whole grain foods, oats is an excellent source of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. It contains 66% carbohydrates and above 10% of it is fiber. Not only does it lower cholesterol levels and blood sugar levels, but is also extremely helpful in losing weight.