Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind DharYour feedback matters!
I am 38 years old. My cholesterol levels are high. What is the treatment in ayurveda should I get it down and what should I eat and drink. Pls give advice.
My cholesterol rate is growing with 234 LDL cholesterol is 157 triglycerides are 186 what should I do to make my body fit and cholesterol free.
Sir I my weight is 72 n I have high pressure today I check 158 doctor give me tab amlodipine tablets ip2. 5 mg.
I am suffering from bp since 5 years, I am unable to do my work at home. How to recover from bp. Please suggest me and I have knee pain too.
I have pain in left side chest continuously from last two years I have done many ECG but doctor said ECG is normal. Kindly suggest me what to do.
I am 31 yrs old. I am a regular smoker. Since last week I have been experiencing irritation in my right chest at one particular point. Also I have digestion problems. Please suggest what could be the cause and what shall I do to cure this.
She is suffering from heart disease and also feeling weakness. When she take medicine she feel normal after leave the medicine same disease faced.
Whenever I indulge in sexual activity my pulse rate goes upto 130 and bp 140/90 and sometimes even more plus I also sweat alot . Is this normal or something is serious?
Telma 40 mg and prolomet XL 25 mg was taken together for 1 year. Now BP is under control. Can I stop taking prolomet XL 25G? Please advice.
I'm feeling really weak. Body temperature's very high, I faint when I stand up which points that maybe I have low bp. And there a kinda sharp headache at the upper part of head when I stand up. Any cures please?
I have pain in my chest for since last night and it got intensified in the morning. What should I do?
Sir, I m regularly having alcohol for a long time. But now I feeling asleep disorder pain in my head all-day and in my upper portion of head and eyes stretching and pain in it, most important that I m feeling that my heart is weak and when I lay down it beats very fast and some time slow. I can feel it in my head. What should I do? please suggest me some medicine.
Complications in the heart valve occur when the functioning of the heart valve is impaired. Valves of the heart allow the blood to flow in one direction and prevent the blood from flowing back into the ventricles of the heart.
Heart valve diseases can be classified as follows:
- Valvular stenosis: This condition occurs when the valves of the heart does not open completely due to stiffness. As the opening is narrow, the heart has to work hard to pump blood. This condition may lead to heart failure.
- Valvular insufficiency: This is a condition where the valve does not close tightly. This causes some of the blood to flow back to the valve. As this condition deteriorates, the heart has to work harder to pump blood.
Types and Causes of valve diseases:
- Acquired valve disease: The structure of the valve changes due to various infections or rheumatic fever. Rheumatic fever is caused by bacterial infection that had not been treated. It tends to occur in children and cause inflammation of the valve.
- Congenital valve disease: This condition usually affects the pulmonary valve where the size of the valve is abnormal.
- Bicuspid aortic valve disease: It is a type of valve disease that impairs the aortic valve. Instead of the regular three cusps, the bicuspid valve only has two. This may cause the valve to be stiff or cause it to leak.
- Mitral valve prolapse: This condition causes the valve to flop back when the heart contracts. This condition also causes the leaflets of the valve to turn irregularly and cause it to stretch. This condition causes the valve to leak.
Symptoms: The symptoms of valve diseases are as follows:
- Weakness: This condition may cause weakness and cause severe discomfort while performing daily activities.
- Palpitations: Symptoms such as irregular heartbeats, skipped beats and rapid heart rhythm occurs in this condition.
- Rapid weight gain: This condition can cause you to gain weight very rapidly.
- It may cause swelling in your ankles, abdomen and feet.
- This condition causes shortness of breath. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.