Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arvind Desai
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind DesaiYour feedback matters!
Hi, My mouth is getting dry and also sometimes I feel like shiver experience when come in contact with air. Is this symptoms of HIV.
Did you notice blood from your gums in the morning while brushing or flossing? There are plenty of reasons behind bleeding gums. Some may be temporary while some may be severe. Here are some reasons which may be responsible for the bleeding of your gums.
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is the first and most initial stage of infection in the gums. A small amount of plaque and poor hygiene results in this condition which often leads to bleeding gums especially when you brush your teeth. But since this is the initial stage, brushing your teeth twice a day and maintain proper oral hygiene will cure the bleeding gums.
- Plaque: When plaque build-up on your gums becomes too much, it makes the gums come out from the teeth, and a gap develops thus causing bleeding. In the pockets that are formed between the gums and teeth, germs start accumulating. These germs start attacking the teeth and gums. When more and more germs accumulate, the bleeding also increases. With time this plaque become hard. The hardened plaque is called tartar. This stage is actually the second stage of gingivitis and is called the periodontitis.
- Medication: People who take medication for blood thinning usually experience bleeding gum problems. But you must be thinking how medicines can lead to bleeding gums? But the thing is that these medicines stop the blood from clotting and thus bleeding becomes much easier. If you face such a condition, pay a visit to your doctor and tell him about your medications.
- Change in Flossing Routine: A change in the regular flossing routine can also cause lead to bleeding gums. This has been reported in many patients. Suppose you haven’t flossed you teeth in the past few days or week and then you suddenly start your routine all over again then you are bound to have bleeding gums because your gums were habituated to a certain routine which you changed abruptly. The same condition will arise if you suddenly start flossing more times a day than you used to. Nothing unusual is good for your teeth. You should always be on a constant and regular flossing routine. However, bleeding due to flossing won’t continue forever.
- Change in Toothbrush: A change in your toothbrush may also lead to bleeding of gums. This happens because when you use a toothbrush for a considerable period, it becomes soft, but when you start using the new one, it is usually harder than the old one. This causes the gums to bleed. So always use a soft toothbrush, and if you are not so confident about the type of toothbrush you should use, talk to your dentist about it.
- Pregnancy: A type of gingivitis results at the time of pregnancy. Women experience bleeding from their gums and the gums swell considerably which happens mostly due to hormonal changes.
You should never give any unnecessary pressure on your gums and maintain a proper oral hygiene.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello m from rajasthan and 20 years old male. My teeth is yellow and bad because of water. I want clean and white teeth. If any solution please tell me.
I'm a 23 old guy. My mouth stinks when I eat something or even if I don't eat. I brush twice a day but the problem is still persistent. It is embarrassing when I'm with my family, friends. It doesn't let me open up. I serious seek medical help.
Hello Doctor, I am 24 years old. My tongue got white every day and difficult to clean it. What are the reasons for this and how it should be cured.
The simple and effective remedy for dental pain.
Toothache is also one of the severe pain in the body. Many people suffer from this pain because of the sensitiveness of the teeth. This remedy has only two ingredients which are simply effective. People who have to suffer from route canal or dental carries take 3-4 buds of cloves and make it powder. Later mix with 1 tsp of coconut oil and apply it. Clove has antiseptic, analgesic and antimicrobial activity and coconut oil is best antibiotic action and hence, this remedy works better on dental carries.
Do you have a dental phobia? if yes then you are not alone many adults skip going to dentist just because of dental fear. Fear among kids is very common.
Today we will find out the reasons and possible causes of dental fear among the adults and the ways to deal with them.
You might have faced following situations before dental appointment:-
Nervousness a night before when you plan a visit to a dentist next morning. Anxiety in waiting room at dental clinic before starting your dental treatment. Scary instruments make you feel uneasy like injections and the drill machine. Good thing is there are ways to deal with above said expressions and they are not really hard to implement.
What causes the dental fear?
Fear of pain. Fear of dental injections in mouth. Embarrassment to face with bad looking teeth and may be mouth odor. Fear of scary instruments and their noises.
So here are some tips you can help yourself to deal with the dental phobia:
Discuss:– discuss your fear with your dentist. Tell him openly what exactly your are worried for. This will help your dentist to modify the treatment modalities. He may explain you the course of treatment in more details to relieve your anxiety and you will exactly come to know what is going to happen in your mouth next time when you visit your dentist.
Desensitize: this is the commonly used method to reduce dental fear in kids. Desensitizing here means exposing to the same environment more frequently than before. This can work in adults too. Visit your dentist more often. That should make you acclimatized with the sounds atmosphere of the dental clinic.
Plan smartly: after discussing your fear with dentist he himself can advise you to start with simple treatment options where no anesthesia is required like teeth whitening, polishing, teeth fillings etc.
Be Positive learner: we all are tend to attract all negatives which are running on the web. Restrain yourself from negative feeds try to find positives. Ask your doubts to the expert (dentist) than to rely on someone who is not. Stop hiding: no dentist will charge you more just because of your bad oral hygiene or mouth odor. They are use to this on daily basis. Delaying the treatment won’t improve your current hygiene level in fact you are inviting the more complex treatments by doing this. They may take longer to treat and may cost your pocket harder.