Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aruresh ShuklaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from pcos. Is it a good idea to take contraceptives like ginette 35 & if yes then for how long. Also will it cause problems in conceiving later on.
Sperm reaches girls vagina, but not entered in vagina, does she get pregnant? she miss her periods date today, now what she has to take medicines?
Hi, I am 32 years old I have some irritation in my vagina its paining or smelled badly please suggest some good advise when I go washroom I also feel pain to pass urine too. And some time vagina is to dry. Pleas help.
Want to terminate pregnancy, already have 2 kid's is it important to take medicine of it in night only?
How to get a fast pregnant. Which step is good for pregnant. And after intercourse what to do please tell me in details about this pregnancy .after pregnant how I to know that pregnancy is started. Thanks.
She has a cramping from 3 days but hasn't got a period till now. A white fluid discharge from the genital area with a painful breast. Pregnancy test also shows negative but period got late from 1 day which never happened before. What to do now?
In the current season, dengue is not the only cause of decrease in platelet counts. Other causes like malaria, other viral infections, Vitamin B12 and folate defiiency etc can also cause reduction in platelet counts. That said, dengue patients may also clinically present without any decrease in platelet counts.
It is well-known that thrombocytopenia ( reduction in platelet counts) is one of the critical parameters in patient management. Therefore, it is very important that laboratories assess platelet counts with utmost accuracy. The normal range of platelet count in a healthy adult individual is 150000 - 400000/μL. Babies and children have different reference ranges.compared to adults Therefore please check on the lab report for normal age wize reference range. A count of 1.5 lacs would be considered as normal in adults but would qualify as decreased count in a child.
Platelets can be counted either on automated machines( automated method) or on manual blood smear by pathologist.(manual method).
Generally hospitals and laboratories measure platelet counts on automated hematology analyzers- as .these are simple to use and give fast results.However, they suffer from a very big disadvantage. This disadvantage is based on the principle on which these machines work.The machines are programmed in such a manner that any blood particle falling within a predermined size range is counted as platelet and above this range is counted as red cell(RBC – which contains hemoglobin and is responsible for red colour of blood).Although this concept works well in majority of cases, but machine readings are seldom reliable , especially when platelet counts are below 30,000/ cmm. Giant platelets will be counted as RBCs and the machine will give a factitiously low reading of platelets. - Again , if the sample has not been properly mixed at the time of collection, platelets will stick and form clumps. Again the size of these clumps will be more than that of individual platelets and machine will count these as RBCs , thus give a falsely low platelet count. Also, if the sample is collected in a periphery and takes a lot of time to reach the main lab , by this time the platelets would have swelled up due to presence of additives in the blood tube, and not be counted in platelets.but as RBCs instead. (due to size factor)
So what is the solution, ?
All such cases, where platelets are reported low on analyzers, must be screened on peripheral smear by pathologist. Only on looking at the peripheral smear , will the pathologist be able to confirm whether the platelet counts are actually low or not.
Summary : The analyzer is reliable in majority of cases . However, for all cases with low platelets, manual screening by a pathologist is must for confirmation and to avoid unnecessary panic and unrequired platelet transfusions.
My wife is 34 weeks pregnant. She feels 3 to 4 movements in a day. Sometimes she feels 2 movements of baby in a day. I m worring about that. Please tell me that its about to worry or not.My wife thought that our is sleeping 90 to 95% in a day. ?
Hello Doctor, I am 26 year old and got married last November. We wish for a baby. My vaginal hole is really tight and while trying for intercourse his penis doesn't go in at all and am feeling pain with fingers sometimes. Could you please advise, is there any way I can have a hole/enlarge my vaginal opening.
Most women have their own distinct smell below the belt. It might be a little embarrassing to know that there is a feminine odor, sometimes foul, in the private parts of a lady. But, it is true that this smell can be a cause of concern as well. Vaginal odour is a symptom for sexually transmitted diseases like chlamydia and gonorrhea. Besides, a combination of factors including infection of the vaginal tract, unhygiene, gland secretions, sweating and improper clothing are responsible for vaginal odour.
Common reasons for vaginal odour:
- Bacterial vaginosis: It is a very common phenomenon. Vagina contains bacteria, which are produced there naturally. Bacterial vaginosis refers to bacterial overgrowth. It leads to vaginal odour. Most women experience this condition at least once during their lifetime, especially in the reproductive years. Though the exact cause behind its occurrence is unknown, it can occur due to having unprotected sex or frequent douching.
- Yeast Infection: The odour caused due to yeast infection is not very strong. But it has other symptoms like white vaginal discharge and itching. The discharge looks like cottage cheese and is caused due to the excess growth of yeast named Candida. There might be a burning sensation at the time of having sex or urination.
- Sexually transmitted diseases: Vaginal odour is a symptom for STDs like chlamydia and gonorrhea.
- Vaginal odour can intensify after having sex: It can also be caused due to inflammation of the pelvic region.
When is vaginal odour a signal for STDs?
Vaginal odour is normal, but you need to watch out for other symptoms to be sure that whether or not you are infected with STDs. If you have vaginal discharge, painful urination and difficulty in having sexual intercourse, there is a possibility of developing STDs. In case of STDs, the discharge is bloody or brown in colour.
I am 36 years old. Having slightly pain in my breast after my periods. It may be bulky and heavy. Sometime I cant touch them.
Sir ek breast se kam breastfeeding hona ya bilkul bhi na hona kya breast cancer ka risk badati hai aur kya breast injury ki bajay se breastfeeding kam ho jaati hai meri wife ko left breast me 2 month pahle injury ho gayi thi aur blood discharge bhi hua tha but ab jab bo left breast ko apne hath se thoda tej dabati to right breast ki tulna me kam milk nikalta hai sir mujhe bahut chinta hai ki kahi future me unke left breast ki injury carcinoma me na badal jay jabki vo 5 month ki pregnant hai aur ye unki first pregnancy hai meri shadi 5 june 2015 ko hue thi immediately advice de.
In modern life, the word stress is not new. Almost everybody is in stress, be it financial, personal or professional. According to Ayurveda, stress is that situation of your mind when it is imbalanced. If you are not under stress, then your mind will be relaxed and stable, and it can perform everyday activity normally. Hence, when you are under stress, Ayurveda has a solution for you to relieve you from stress and lead a normal life.
5 ways through which you can deal with stress with the help of Ayurveda are:
- Take a Bath: Although bathing is your daily habit, yet by bathing you can control your stress levels. When you take a bath, it helps your body to release tension and relax the nervous system. While bathing, you can add 1/3 cup ginger powder to the water. This will increase the healing and relaxation process. You can also take Epsom salt bath as that too will help you to relax and cleanse.
- Practice Oil Pulling: For removing the natural toxins from your mouth and increasing your sense of taste, you can gargle with warm water toasted with coconut and sesame oil. Start by swishing the mixture of oil. You can swish the oil from the front to back, side by side and throughout your teeth for about twenty minutes. After spitting the oil out, you must rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Do Abhyanga: This is an ancient practice of oil massage where you use oils to calm the nervous system and rejuvenate the tissues by lubricating them. With this self-massage of oil, you can promote circulation of blood throughout your body. Abhyanga is a practice of rejuvenating your body through massaging the different parts with organic oil. There are different types of oil in Ayurveda that are used for various purposes.
- Practice Nasya: This is another technique in Ayurveda where medicated oil is applied to the nasal passages. When you practice this, the delicate nasal tissues are soothed and relieve stress. However, pregnant women and menstruating women should not practice Nasya. Every morning apply a few drops of Nasya oil to your nostrils for getting better results.
- Massage Your Feet before Bed: Another way to relax your body from stress is by massaging some oil before sleeping. For this, you may use brahmi oil, bhringaraj oil, or sesame oil. With this practice, you can soothe your body and release the pressure, thus getting relief from stress.
You must try these everyday so that Ayurveda can relieve you from stress. However, do not forget to get to experts if you still find yourself under stress.
Eating high fibre, carbohydrate, heavy food every hour during the premenstrual week help prevent emotional outbursts.